E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Sac valley member chat thread

08-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #2949
stashtrey
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335xi TiAg

Garage List
$350 shipped on the lip.

Will definitely let you know if I go meth!!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #2950
stashtrey
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335xi TiAg

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9A1L1L View Post
I can install anything on our cars. from meth kits to JB4s to air bags if need be.

Spark plugs, HPFPs etc etc. lol

PM me if you need some work done.

I haven't seen you at any meets but I run a trunk mounted meth kit on top of my mods and E85, I coulda let you check it out. The tricky part is routing the lines so they dont pinch. Its a headache but hey people pay for experience I guess lol.
I'd definitely like to check your setup out and meet. I'm not looking for something super aggressive but rather a dependable, safe, moderate meth setup. I believe the next meet up is in a couple weeks.

I will stay active in here and hopefully get to meet you! Thanks for the heads up!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 01:34 AM   #2951
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
When you changed your SP the other day did you have, what it appeared, dirt in the chambers? Each one had just a tiny bit. I would have vacuumed it out but didn't have anything to do it with.
not really. all the chambers were very clean and smooth. how were your old plugs look like? reason i asked is because if your #5,6 plugs are tend to be more oily or dark with burn residuals, then you should keep an eye on a few things.

if #5,6 plugs are oily, then you should invest into the RB PCV valve. cuz that's the sign it showed there's blow by oil getting into them. if they are tend to be more wet and smell unusually strong gasoline, then those injectors are failing or acting up. #5,6 are usually having more problems than the rest of the cylinders.

and i still couldn't find time to get my oil pan gasket and rear turbo oil line fix yet... they are still sipping oil very slowly... just annoying i have to wipe the drop of oil on my garage floor once every week or so...
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 01:36 AM   #2952
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's because you only drive 1/4 mile a day.
probably! hahahaha, hey i drive more than 1/4 mile a day actually. maybe 1/2! hahahahahahahaha
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 01:59 AM   #2953
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

When/where are your guys meets? If all goes well with a job interview in Vacaville next week, I'd drop by once in a while.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 02:16 AM   #2954
enigma99a
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
When/where are your guys meets? If all goes well with a job interview in Vacaville next week, I'd drop by once in a while.
Arden & howe. Although I have never been.

But I will be back in the US at the end of the month and look forward to going to the next meet.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 05:46 AM   #2955
C9A1L1L
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashtrey View Post
I'd definitely like to check your setup out and meet. I'm not looking for something super aggressive but rather a dependable, safe, moderate meth setup. I believe the next meet up is in a couple weeks.

I will stay active in here and hopefully get to meet you! Thanks for the heads up!!!
I'll grab pics. Its the easiest way. Nothin' "aggressive" about it though, they all mount the same way. I happen to have a charge pipe with a bung and TiAL Bov so it is mounted in that with the FSB wired into my JB4 and the 1.5G tank and pump in the trunk. Partially because I needed to run a larger tank and because I run almost 100% meth which is too damn flammable to have under the hood.

There are other kits such as the WW kit that goes under the hood and taps into the windshield washer fluid.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #2956
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720625

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #2957
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok View Post
not really. all the chambers were very clean and smooth. how were your old plugs look like? reason i asked is because if your #5,6 plugs are tend to be more oily or dark with burn residuals, then you should keep an eye on a few things.

if #5,6 plugs are oily, then you should invest into the RB PCV valve. cuz that's the sign it showed there's blow by oil getting into them. if they are tend to be more wet and smell unusually strong gasoline, then those injectors are failing or acting up. #5,6 are usually having more problems than the rest of the cylinders.

and i still couldn't find time to get my oil pan gasket and rear turbo oil line fix yet... they are still sipping oil very slowly... just annoying i have to wipe the drop of oil on my garage floor once every week or so...
The dirt was basically inside where the coil sits. Around the spark plug. I was surprised to see that. I thought my old spark plugs looked good for 20k.

1 through 6. Left to right

You know what, I bet it's the debris from the walnut blasting? You can see the spark plugs are dirty around the threads.

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #2958
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The dirt was basically inside where the coil sits. Around the spark plug. I was surprised to see that. I thought my old spark plugs looked good for 20k.

1 through 6. Left to right

You know what, I bet it's the debris from the walnut blasting? You can see the spark plugs are dirty around the threads.
yea they look fine! u have a healthy motor
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #2959
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
yea they look fine! u have a healthy motor
Yes, it does run strong. at 65k now.

My CPO and Maintenance ends mid. next month.

Still have water pump working fine.

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #2960
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

ouch! u really want to pray that damn pump dies in the next minute so u can CPO it already. it ain't fun specially the part alone cost $400+.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #2961
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Quote:

Mine is still working too and im at 65k lol. I dont have a cpo though, i bought mine from carmax at 40k and got there extended warranty that only costed me 2k. It lasts till 125k It does cost me $250 deductible if something goes wrong but that didn't bother me since the warranty basically added 100k to the life of the car when i bought it used at 40k. $250 is cheap for a engine/transmission replacement lol. Little things i'll pay for myself, but anything that costs more than $250 will use the warranty. I'm hoping my injectors go though, i could use the better ones that were just released lol.

I plan to return my car to stock anytime i need to get repairs lol.
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #2962
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
ouch! u really want to pray that damn pump dies in the next minute so u can CPO it already. it ain't fun specially the part alone cost $400+.
I know tell me about it. let me vent

CPO - $$ part of purchase

Rear Brakes
Oil Filter housing
Waste Gates

Maintenance - $2,500 2 yrs or 50k miles

oil change
front brakes
wiper blades
spark plugs

who is the sucker here. I lost big time. I may get rear brakes by the time it runs out, hoping to get belts and wiper blades at least.

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #2963
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
Mine is still working too and im at 65k lol. I dont have a cpo though, i bought mine from carmax at 40k and got there extended warranty that only costed me 2k. It lasts till 125k It does cost me $250 deductible if something goes wrong but that didn't bother me since the warranty basically added 100k to the life of the car when i bought it used at 40k. $250 is cheap for a engine/transmission replacement lol. Little things i'll pay for myself, but anything that costs more than $250 will use the warranty. I'm hoping my injectors go though, i could use the better ones that were just released lol.

I plan to return my car to stock anytime i need to get repairs lol.
that's good to know. I had no idea that Carmax does that. Very cool. I would take that deal any day.

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #2964
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I know tell me about it. let me vent

CPO - $$ part of purchase

Rear Brakes
Oil Filter housing
Waste Gates

Maintenance - $2,500 2 yrs or 50k miles

oil change
front brakes
wiper blades
spark plugs

who is the sucker here. I lost big time. I may get rear brakes by the time it runs out, hoping to get belts and wiper blades at least.
oh yea, at 50k miles, i had them inspect my serpentine belt, it had a slight crack and worn but NOT to the spec that CPO covered. so i was like, shit i suck it myself and paid for the belt replacement.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #2965
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
that's good to know. I had no idea that Carmax does that. Very cool. I would take that deal any day.
Haha yeah, the warranty is based on mileage and years. I forgot how many, i think its a 5 year warranty or longer. I just remember them saying 125k miles and i was like. Whoa, bmw's normally have issues right after 100k so that would be nice to have once over 100k.

If i didn't get a vert i might have skipped the warranty anyways. I mostly got it because of the top. If the top breaks it can get very expensive! 2k for a piece of mind knowing that i can get my top fixed anytime is worth it. I'm surprised your warranty was 2.5k for only 50k miles. Yikes.

Carmax's prices are much cheaper too. They average about 5-8k cheaper for the same year and mileage depending on the state and dealer. In CA all bmw dealers mark them up alot, so carmax was the cheapest. Most of the ones that were 5k over had a 100k cpo though. With my warranty i still made out 3-4k cheaper than nielo bmw. Man do i hate that place!! I went there to see a car and got a bait and switch and since then i wont step foot in it. I'd rather drive to the bay than give them business. Whats funny is that i left nielo and drove to carmax, and left the lot with a car! haha. Sucks for Nielo!

Oh, i also tried to get an oil change done there. I was heading to San jose and realized that it was time for a chance so i drove in at 10am and they said they were all booked and couldnt do it. I was like WTF its 10am, and i can see empty racks right now. Whats the deal, he said they try to avoid walk in's. I wonder why! Sounds to me like they want to make something go wrong to get money, or tell you something else is wrong ect...

I laughed and said told them im never coming back and drove to walmart, got my mobile one oil, grabbed a filter at napa and changed it before i left. He had the nerve to say, "you'll be back, all bmw owners do". I guess its because there the only ones in Sacramento and bmw owners lack the courage to do there own maintenance. Ive been meaning to yelp about my experiences but there almost a year old lol.
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #2966
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
He had the nerve to say, "you'll be back, all bmw owners do". I guess its because there the only ones in Sacramento and bmw owners lack the courage to do there own maintenance. Ive been meaning to yelp about my experiences but there almost a year old lol.
did you go to the one on Fulton? i've been spending a bit driving and always go to the one in Elk Grove and they've been pretty good over at Elk Grove. i heard Fulton one the service is a hit or miss.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #2967
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
did you go to the one on Fulton? i've been spending a bit driving and always go to the one in Elk Grove and they've been pretty good over at Elk Grove. i heard Fulton one the service is a hit or miss.
Yup it was the fulton one. I only gave them a chance since the elk grove one did the bait and switch on me when i was looking for my 335i. I found a nice 2009 335i e93 m-sport for 40k in the elk groves add that uploaded to there site the night before. I noticed the car was on special so i drove down there at 10am to be take a look at it. I told the sales rep im interested in that car, he then said, "Sorry its already been sold". I was like wtf, you just posted the ad. I then said, so someone bought it this morning... he said, "oh no, someone put a deposit down on it from texas 3 days ago and has 4 days to pay in full". I then said are you serious! The car was right in front of us in the dealer, with papers on the window with an advertised price and no sold tag either.

I then said, ok well since he only put a deposit on it and he's not local, ill pay what you the same price he's paying for the car (the advertised price). The rep said, "sorry its technically sold so we cant sell it to you, but we do have these other cpo's that are just a little more expensive than this one that you might like". I said, "Your joking right, this is some bait and switch bullshit and unless you sell me that car im never coming back."

They let me walk out the door, and i was so pissed that i ended up passing by carmax so i stopped in. They had a 335i e93 with 40k miles for 29k plus taxes. It was the only one on the lot (wished they had an m-sport model but didnt want to ship it. So an hr later i was driving home in my new (used) car. Elk grove lost a sale and lost any future chance at new sales that they might have gotten from me. I wouldn't have been pissed if they sold it that morning, I was pissed that they posted an add for a car that was sold just to get you into the dealership! The sales rep had the nerve to say, "its not a bait and switch since he put deposit on it and it's technically sold yet". Yet after he said that he still couldnt sell it to me!

I gave the fulton one a chance to earn some maintenance work and to get turned away for a simple oil change brushed off like they didn't care was it for me. I have owned many fords, hondas and let me tell you, i've walked into dealers at 4pm and still got an oil change. I have a feeling that most bmw owners dont go other places so they get away with being snobs over there. There yelp ratings show it too. If i ever need anything major done, I'll be happy to pay $200 or even $500 just to tow the car the to any bmw dealer that is not nielo. Closest places are the bay to me and thats work fine for me.
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)

Last edited by buster84; 08-19-2013 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #2968
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Haha yeah, the warranty is based on mileage and years. I forgot how many, i think its a 5 year warranty or longer. I just remember them saying 125k miles and i was like. Whoa, bmw's normally have issues right after 100k so that would be nice to have once over 100k.

If i didn't get a vert i might have skipped the warranty anyways. I mostly got it because of the top. If the top breaks it can get very expensive! 2k for a piece of mind knowing that i can get my top fixed anytime is worth it. I'm surprised your warranty was 2.5k for only 50k miles. Yikes.

Carmax's prices are much cheaper too. They average about 5-8k cheaper for the same year and mileage depending on the state and dealer. In CA all bmw dealers mark them up alot, so carmax was the cheapest. Most of the ones that were 5k over had a 100k cpo though. With my warranty i still made out 3-4k cheaper than nielo bmw. Man do i hate that place!! I went there to see a car and got a bait and switch and since then i wont step foot in it. I'd rather drive to the bay than give them business. Whats funny is that i left nielo and drove to carmax, and left the lot with a car! haha. Sucks for Nielo!

Oh, i also tried to get an oil change done there. I was heading to San jose and realized that it was time for a chance so i drove in at 10am and they said they were all booked and couldnt do it. I was like WTF its 10am, and i can see empty racks right now. Whats the deal, he said they try to avoid walk in's. I wonder why! Sounds to me like they want to make something go wrong to get money, or tell you something else is wrong ect...

I laughed and said told them im never coming back and drove to walmart, got my mobile one oil, grabbed a filter at napa and changed it before i left. He had the nerve to say, "you'll be back, all bmw owners do". I guess its because there the only ones in Sacramento and bmw owners lack the courage to do there own maintenance. Ive been meaning to yelp about my experiences but there almost a year old lol.
Quote:
I second that, I HATE Fulton. that's where I bought my car. I'll save the rant because i feel some of it was my fault (as in i should have known better), but they are weasels there.

Elk Grove is a much better Shop so far they have been great to me.

Fulton man, fucking pricks. 1 time i asked how much to get the projectors/xenon for my E46, they parts guy told me "they are very expensive" LOL, So I said cool and walked out. thanks for answering my question. I was about 25 at the time, but so what.

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #2969
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yup it was the fulton one. I only gave them a chance since the elk grove on did the bait and switch on me. I found a nice 2009 335i e93 m-sport for 40k that got posted in there ad and uploaded to there site the night before. I noticed the car on special so i drove down there at 10am. I told the sales rep im interested in that car, he then said. Sorry its sold. I was like wtf, you just posted the add. I then said, so someone bought it this morning... he said, "oh no, someone put a deposit down on it from texas 3 days ago and has 4 days to pay in full". I then said are you serious! The car was right in front of us in the dealer, with papers on the window and no sold tag either.

I then said, ok well he only put a deposit on it, ill pay what your advertised price is. The rep said, "sorry its technically sold so we cant but we do have these other cpo's that are just a little more expensive that you might like". I said, "Your joking right, this is some bait and switch bullshit and unless you sell me that car im never coming back."

They let me walk, 1 hour later i got a car from carmax. I wasn't pissed that they sold it, if they had sold it that morning that would have been find. They freaking posted an add to a car that had a deposit on it and the sales man tried to tell me its not a bait and switch because its not exactly sold, yet he couldnt sell it to me!

I gave the fulton one a chance even-though there the same owner for a simple oil change and got brushed off like they didn't care and expected me to be back. I have a feeling that most bmw owners dont go other places so they get away with being snobs over there. There yelp ratings show it too. If i ever need anything major done, im paying $200 to tow the car the to any bmw dealer that is not nielo. Closest places are the bay to me and thats work fine for me.

LOL yea, i understand the situation of the sales. they SHOULDN'T put it on their site if someone already put down a deposit and try to bait other customers in and turn around and try to sell them something else. that's why when i shop for cars, i call, confirm and re-confirm once again before i drive over to make sure that IS available. when i bought my X5, i drove all the way out to Berkeley weatherford bmw, i at least confirmed with the guy 5 times during the whole week on a once a day basis before i was able to drive down on Saturday. i even called and re-confirmed the minute before i start driving, i was like "if the car is not available or somehow it is going to be sold to someone in the coming hour, im not driving down and waste my hour trip." so the guy was nice enough and put a hold on it, even the website still advertising it, but they ensure me there will not be any transaction done to that specific car im looking at until i get there.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #2970
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I second that, I HATE Fulton. that's where I bought my car. I'll save the rant because i feel some of it was my fault (as in i should have known better), but they are weasels there.

Elk Grove is a much better Shop so far they have been great to me.

Fulton man, fucking pricks. 1 time i asked how much to get the projectors/xenon for my E46, they parts guy told me "they are very expensive" LOL, So I said cool and walked out. thanks for answering my question. I was about 25 at the time, but so what.

yep! Elk Grove deserves my business even tho i have to drive hecka far on every trip. but they do stand their "excellent customer satisfaction" weather when my cars are in or out of warranty. they even introduced me the tech who worked on my cars so it's kinda like building a great relationship between customers and dealership.
Appreciate 0