E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Code out Adaptive Headlights?

07-03-2017, 01:02 AM   #45
BIMGE
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_WLY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerGeeks View Post
No, you actually don't have to FA_write at all, so long as you recode the module before closing NCS.

It's always best to allow either one the CAS or FRM to retain the original FA in case you ever need to write everything back to stock.
If CAS dies you lose codings made and returns to the initial settings .... and so you lose any coding, retrofit later.
Why would you still want to go back to factory settings since you've added upgrades!?!?!?
If CAS dies you only lose coding made to the CAS, nothing else.

The modules do not look to the VO to tell them what to do, it's purely for software purposes so Ista/Ncs/Esys etc know what measures to take when coding a module to factory spec.

There are MANY reasons to need to go back to stock, selling the car is one of them. You could save the FA trc file, or rebuild it from decoding your vin, but simply loading it from the FRM & writing it to the CAS is much easier.

I've personally needed to help at minimum 15 people with odd projects they attempted themselves first that required VO editing, and wished I could just start from scratch with their original VO instead of comparing it with a vin decoder & back stepping to straighten it out.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 08:50 PM   #46
AutoEngBM95
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW E90 335xi LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanime View Post
FRM = NFRM in your case

in first step choose CAS

as long as you already have removed 524$ (I guess you have done FA_WRITE in CAS and NFRM) then only thing left is to run SG_CODIEREN on NFRM
I also did exactly this, but it still didn't work. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 09:38 PM   #47
Joe@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoEngBM95 View Post
I also did exactly this, but it still didn't work. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.
Make sure CHECK_SMC_ERROR is set to nicht_aktiv in your FRM.

E & F Series Worldwide Coding | DVD in Motion, PPK, Alpina and MORE! | Click HERE, HERE,
HERE for some of our feedback !

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 03:05 PM   #48
Impac
Private
Rep

All you have to code is this and you good to go
ALC_FAHRZEUG--> Nicht_Aktiv
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 06:38 PM   #49
barijack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

fog/license plate errors came back

Hello all,

I have done a good bit of coding in the past on multiple cars, and today I just successfully completed all the steps in this thread to rid my troublesome adaptive headlight error. But, after doing so, i am now getting the foglight and number plate bulb issue again. 3 errors.

I have had these three things, plus every single other bulb check coded out for a few years now. So my question is, why might these couple of errors come back after following the DiY listed in this thread?

The only thing i changed today was the VO and the couple of "nicht_activ" on the listed things in the PDF. And wrote them to the modules like prescribed.

I even went so far as to go back and confirm, the nicht_active on all of the other bulb checks. yet, the fog light and the number plate bulb errors keep popping up.

the codes i turned off are all the cold check codes (KALTUEBERWACHUNG)
and the warm checks (WARMUEBERWACHUNG) i put all of these as nicht_activ again but still get error.

any ideas? Am i missing a step or code to stop the bulb checks?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 07:20 PM   #50
Impac
Private
Rep

You also need to set (FEHLERMELDUNG) to nicht_aktiv
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 08:19 PM   #51
barijack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impac View Post
You also need to set (FEHLERMELDUNG) to nicht_aktiv
So. I just hit it back up and coded what you just said. And discovered that no matter how many times i run the coding job, when i redo the read job to confirm, all of the codes i do revert back to aktiv.

any idea what may be causing the codes to change themselves back?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 08:39 PM   #52
barijack
United_States
Rep

I just tried to test and change a code in the CAS module too. It too will revert back to 'stock' code settings each time. Even though when i run the writing job and NCS says "coding aktiv" and "coding ended" and the car lights and dash and all flicker like the modules resetting, the codes i am writing are not saving.

is it possible that changing the FA and VO earlier is preventing these two modules from saving code changes now. Because upon further investigation, all of the codes i had changed a few years ago (lights, mirrors, etc), all the codes on the CAS and FRM are reset to factory settings, and will not save when i try to write.

any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 08:59 PM   #53
barijack
United_States
Rep

OK. I appologize for repeatedly bumping the thread, but i figured it may be good info for everyone.

I restarted NCS and realized i was trying to code with the 'expert' profile instead of Revtors. Once using the proper Profile, the coding succeeded and now all of my old codes seem to be back to normal and saved in the car modules.

Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 01:35 AM   #54
GreenMeansGo
Rep
Drives: E90

Anyone in the NYC area have experience coding out adaptive headlights? Asking for a friend..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 09:01 AM   #55
Joe@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMeansGo View Post
Anyone in the NYC area have experience coding out adaptive headlights? Asking for a friend..
If not, we can do it remotely.

E & F Series Worldwide Coding | DVD in Motion, PPK, Alpina and MORE! | Click HERE, HERE,

Appreciate 0
      12-05-2017, 04:46 PM   #56
seame91
Rep
Drives: E91 SGM

If you code out the adaptive headlight error by removing $524 from VO, does that completely disable the adaptive headlights? Or does it just disable the error check?

Currently I have the error coded out but I might buy a new module to to actually fix the issue. Does that mean I have to add back $524 to VO in order to have the adaptive headlights work?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2017, 06:26 PM   #57
Joe@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

It completely disables AHL.

Yes, you will have to reverse the coding that's already been done in order for AHL to work again.

Appreciate 1
      12-06-2017, 12:43 AM   #58
seame91
Rep
Drives: E91 SGM

Thanks for the answer to my question!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 11:55 AM   #59
hartwa
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

I have the adaptive HL malfunction error and I am getting tired of seeing it. I have read through all three pages of this chain and considering getting the software and cable to code it out but I've never done any of this coding before. I am worried I might screw things up.... some of what you guys are describing is foreign to me because I've never done it.

I have a 2011 BMW 335d.... I'd be willing to PayPal someone if they were willing to create a detailed PDF or video showing me how to do this for my car.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2017, 01:32 AM   #60
hartwa
Rep

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2017, 01:33 AM   #61
hartwa
Rep

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 08:06 PM   #62
hartwa
Rep

Hi guys...was able to get the software loaded and got a pro cable from bimmergeeks. the cables is recognized in my device manager on com 1 and latency 1. When I connect to the car the cable lights up but only for a second...it doesn't stay lit. I have not been able to connect to the car do you think the cable is bad?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 08:24 PM   #63
BIMGE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartwa View Post
Hi guys...was able to get the software loaded and got a pro cable from bimmergeeks. the cables is recognized in my device manager on com 1 and latency 1. When I connect to the car the cable lights up but only for a second...it doesn't stay lit. I have not been able to connect to the car do you think the cable is bad?
The cable isn't suppose to stay lit. It should only light up briefly when first plugged in & during active data transfer.

Double check to make sure your set to com1 & latency 1, and make sure you installed the software correctly and standard tools is set to Com1 & OBD in your obd.ini file.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 10:11 PM   #64
mikeeg02
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

I did this today,

Went into the CAS and NFM and removed $524. FA write, then sg...... After the change the halogen inner head lights come on in a dim fashion. (Flash to pass lights) If you pull the lever they come on brighter, but they stay on. Re-adding $524 shuts them down and brings back the warning that the automagic turning lights dont work. If you turn the head lights on, they shut off. Acting like daytime running lights. Do I have to shut them off a different way? Thanks in advance and happy new years!

06 330i.

EDIT: Figured it out

Last edited by mikeeg02; 01-01-2018 at 01:05 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 10:34 PM   #65
hartwa
Rep

Looks like I am connected. I went into INPA and it says connected. The reason I thought I was not connected was because when I go into NCS expert and load profile the selection is " manipulation" or "factory coding" it doesn't have the same list that you guys are describing. I am trying to use the two PDFs that are in this post.

Do I need to configure NCS expert or something?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2018, 11:28 AM   #66
Joe@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartwa View Post
Looks like I am connected. I went into INPA and it says connected. The reason I thought I was not connected was because when I go into NCS expert and load profile the selection is " manipulation" or "factory coding" it doesn't have the same list that you guys are describing. I am trying to use the two PDFs that are in this post.

Do I need to configure NCS expert or something?
Manipulation is for turning features on/off (standard coding)

Factory is for returning the module back to factory settings based on the VO.

Appreciate 0