E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dealer said it's normal, I think there's a problem. What do you think?

09-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #45
undecided
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M5 Sapphire Black

Garage List
2008 335xi SOLD!!!! ...  [0.00]
2008 M5  [0.00]
Mine does the same thing but not in DS mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapa55 View Post
I don't know what you call it but when I approach a stop sign and come to a stop, as I step on the gas to get going again, I have to wait a couple of seconds to press on the gas to go. If I gas too soon, the car doesn't feel like it's in the right gear and it kinda roars like I'm in the wrong gear, but eventually after a few seconds it feels fine. Happens at every stop or redlight or when I slow down but start going right away.

the dealer said it's normal and there's nothing they can do about it.

Anyone else experience this and is this normal?
I thought it was the Brake Assist but it could be the tranny software as well. D mode is lame but unfortunately sometimes i want to drive in a sedate fashion (not holding rpms to 6k) but then I have to deal with all the quirks of D mode. I wish the tranny params were configurable thru IDrive, I'd like the responsiveness of DS with the rpm holding of D. That would be my daily driver choice with DS reserved for spirited driving.
Appreciate 0