E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Install worries..

09-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
Dvdman
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 and 2007 M6

Install worries..

I installed the JB3 pinout along with the DCI last weekend. Also a boost gauge, Volt meter gauge. I am not a car mechanic but have a new excitement since I got my Bimmer(month ago). I am assuming everything is installed correctly since I have no error messages. The only thing that bothers me is the turbo gauge. I added to T connector and zip tied all ends just in case. Can I bring my car to a pep boys or something to make sure I installed the DCI correctly and the Tconnector is done correctly? I am loving the JB3 and DCI so far. I am anxious2run different maps but a little nervous.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
Darkcyd_Turbo
"Booty Hole Bandit"
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego E92 335xi

It's gonna be really hard to eff up the install on the dci...i mean even for the not so mechanically inclined. Shit, a monkey can install the dci.

On the good chance you're still running the stock charge pipe and dv's, the dyi for the boost gauge install and it'll show you how it should look connected. I would take a picture of mine but I dont have the stock charge pipe and dv's to show you for better reference...

But I'm sure someone on here can offer some assistance.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #3
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devestator View Post
I installed the JB3 pinout along with the DCI last weekend. Also a boost gauge, Volt meter gauge. I am not a car mechanic but have a new excitement since I got my Bimmer(month ago). I am assuming everything is installed correctly since I have no error messages. The only thing that bothers me is the turbo gauge. I added to T connector and zip tied all ends just in case. Can I bring my car to a pep boys or something to make sure I installed the DCI correctly and the Tconnector is done correctly? I am loving the JB3 and DCI so far. I am anxious2run different maps but a little nervous.
It's just weird hearing you say you installed the JB3 but are more worried about the DCI....
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
wonsungnabi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335

post some pics
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #5
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

Pep boys is the one place to take your car where the people will most likely know less than you do (BMW dealership might be the other place they know very little about your car!)

The worst that can happen with the vacuum gauge is you will get a leak that won't hurt anything. As for the DCI, just make sure you don't drop anything in there when your doing the install that will go through the turbos, other than that, make sure they are in the tubes a good distance and clamped down. If they are loose, they will come off which will result in a leak of unfiltered air, so just check them after a few days when the engine is running, you should be able to hear or feel a leak where you clamped them on.
Appreciate 0