E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Beamers and Flashing Headlights

10-11-2015, 06:02 AM   #23
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCCubs View Post
Nope just stupidity. I see this all the time around here as well, along with opposite version of people driving around with just DRLs at night.
Yep. Total stupidity. If you're that blind you can't see very well at night without blinding everyone else, then you need to either have your eyes checked or not drive at night.

If there's no cars in front of me, I high beam those idiots back if they're coming in the opposite direction. If they're traveling in the same direction, I have slowed down to let the idiot in front of me and then I follow them with my high beams on too. Just so they can experience what everyone else is experiencing.
I know what you mean. I do the same thing if there are no cars in front of me, I will hit the oncoming car with my high beam if they are blinding me as well. Fortunately, I use my bike more than my car for traveling, so high beams are of no concern to me when I'm on two wheels.

I don't have time to let the car behind me with high beams get in front of me just,so I can blind them back though... I still want to make it to my destination on time, lol

If I see a nice car, I will give the driver a simple thumbs up, so I avoid flashing my lights to other drivers, unless they make a foolish move behind the wheel.

In fact, about ten yeas ago (give or take) there was a gang initiation when the gang prospect was to drive around with no lights on at night, then the first car that flashed their high beams was to be followed and the driver beaten up when the opportunity presented itself whether at a red light or in a parking lot or whatever. Damn punks.

Be safe while enjoying yourselves behind the wheel, all of you.
      10-12-2015, 02:43 AM   #24
samandrewsone
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

Because more individuals began purchasing them and many of them are not good or individuals who could not care for good about other individuals BMW's.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 02:53 PM   #25
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_R View Post
Vindictive nasty and typical of a young BMW driver. That is just the way to give BMW drivers a bad name.
Has nothing to do with driving a BMW. I did it when I was driving around in my Cavalier, Focus, Z28, rental cars, doesn't matter. In the end, if people don't give them a dose of their own selfishness then how will they change their behavior?

You choose to tolerate such foolishness, I choose not to.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 02:58 PM   #26
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Has nothing to do with driving a BMW. I did it when I was driving around in my Cavalier, Focus, Z28, rental cars, doesn't matter. In the end, if people don't give them a dose of their own selfishness then how will they change their behavior?

You choose to tolerate such foolishness, I choose not to.
To be honest it is not always foolishness. It is lack of experience with night-time driving. I criticized the previous poster because he was doing it aggressively and on purpose.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 02:10 PM   #27
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Back in my e28/e34 days in upstate NY when the E39's just came out I would flash other E34's, E36's and E30's as they were common even during the mid/late 90's. About 4 out of 7 would flash back. Fast forward to mid 2000's I stopped as nobody flashed back. Now down here in south Florida there really aren't too many any single lane roads and I'm just too old now for that crap lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 07:17 PM   #28
Desert_Fox
Drop-Top Turbo
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2013 991 C2S/ 2013 335is E93

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI
if i flashed every 'beamer' i saw on the road.....i'd spend my entire day flashing leased 328 x-drives being driven by people who probably don't even know why i'm flashing them.....or who probably think i'm drunk.

the great majority (>90%) of BMW drivers on the road in the year 2015 have no idea what the roundel is all about; however they likely feel they are very clever and classy for leasing such a 'luxury' car for $379/mo for 39 months.
+1, you summed it better than the Nobel Laureate in Literature could have.