E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > DPF Delete

04-11-2014, 12:44 PM   #639
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

No comment TA
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 01:52 PM   #640
TorqueAddict
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340i - 335D

Hey Axel, anybody who has been following this thread for a while now knows who did what. TDi has contributed a lot to this forum. Nothing to feel bad about!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #641
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueAddict View Post
Hey Axel, anybody who has been following this thread for a while now knows who did what. TDi has contributed a lot to this forum. Nothing to feel bad about!
I'm wondering if he is one of the 4 test fitters. They should have given him one for furnishing his OEM one as a pattern to build from. Perhaps he got a deal on the programming of his ECU to use in conjuction with his "ahem" OEM DPF.

I wrote Ecotune at their site trying to get direction on how to proceed from here. I would have greatly appreciated to be asked to be one of the test fitters. Owe well, so much for that list we had going a couple months ago.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 03:24 PM   #642
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335D

Whats with all the negative excitement in this thread? They are sending out the pipe. They may or may not have dynos in the future but considering that the pipe and tune hasnt actually been installed on any US 335ds how are they supposed to provide dyno charts? Its not bad customer service to sell the item the way they want to sell it as a package, if you go into a steak restaurant and demand a raw steak to go they probably wont help you with that either, but its not bad service to protect their reputation. It doesnt take an official body to ruin their business in the US, all it takes is a single person with a bad experience and a loud voice.

FWIW, Im not planning to buy this pipe since at this point the tune doesnt allow for OBD readiness and im pretty sure im already on the CA sh** list for my other vehicles so no reason to push it with the system, I have no stake in protecting the pipe development or its reputation. I just dont see why a few people in the community need to try to push out the only company providing this service for us. When there are dozens of MFGs providing the service then go ahead and crap on the doorstep you choose to, but when there is only a single MFG you could easily ruin it for everyone for no good reason.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #643
iaknown
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
Whats with all the negative excitement in this thread? They are sending out the pipe. They may or may not have dynos in the future but considering that the pipe and tune hasnt actually been installed on any US 335ds how are they supposed to provide dyno charts? Its not bad customer service to sell the item the way they want to sell it as a package, if you go into a steak restaurant and demand a raw steak to go they probably wont help you with that either, but its not bad service to protect their reputation. It doesnt take an official body to ruin their business in the US, all it takes is a single person with a bad experience and a loud voice.

FWIW, Im not planning to buy this pipe since at this point the tune doesnt allow for OBD readiness and im pretty sure im already on the CA sh** list for my other vehicles so no reason to push it with the system, I have no stake in protecting the pipe development or its reputation. I just dont see why a few people in the community need to try to push out the only company providing this service for us. When there are dozens of MFGs providing the service then go ahead and crap on the doorstep you choose to, but when there is only a single MFG you could easily ruin it for everyone for no good reason.
Well said Hoooper....
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 04:47 PM   #644
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaknown View Post
Well said Hoooper....
Ditto.

There is a DHL shipping email and tracking number from Stan. Thank you Stan.

To clarify, I have been running Stan's tune with a DPF/SCR/EGR delete (although the EGR had to be physically blocked). The DPF canister modification only removed the DPF section, the oxidative catalyst is still in place inside the canister. The DEF "mixer" is also removed and the mufflers are deleted (although they were straight thru already with some perforations and a cross pipe connecting both cavities-- pictures in another thread).

With my measurement devices I'm seeing ~20hp above the Evolve/Custom stack combination I had been running previously. I'm waiting until the same shop I used previously is ready to get their dyno going again so we don't introduce another variable with a different dyno. All dyno's are wrong, is just a matter of "how much". And dyno's very one to the other, so cross comparing dyno numbers is pointless...

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/03...ine_dyno_dash/

On this particular stingy Superflow dyno the Evolve remap made 282 whp and the Evolve + Custom stuff made 327 (331 best, but I showed the lower one in the thread).

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=699265)

On that same Evolve + Custom setup I ran 12.6's and >110mph trap speeds in the 1/4 mile at really poor DA's.

https://www.dragtimes.com/BMW--335d-Drag-Racing.html

The local dyno is getting closer to finishing the engine replacement on the dead Ford Superduty diesel that's clogging up the dyno area. Stopped by tonight to talk with the owner, and I'm hoping to be able to get on his dyno in a week or two. He also has a couple Dyno Day's scheduled coming up early next month with lots of people scheduled to attend. I might even be able to do a comparison on the impact of the gutted DPF vs the Ecotune downpipe...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 05:15 PM   #645
2deerwhistlers
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335d

@TDiwyse, I can't wait to see the results!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 07:55 PM   #646
Mark M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30M3 E83X3 E90335D

Agree with Hooper and others. It gets old seeing one member give a vendor a hard time who is doing us a service. Stan didn't have to enter the US market. It's certainly not a large profit rich market. Rather it's a small niche market. Thanks to Stan and his team for catering to our US diesels and hopeful the negativity will cease from others.
      04-12-2014, 03:01 PM   #647
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
Hey asshole, get this shit outta here. ^^^
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 04:13 PM   #648
anielsen71
Lieutenant Colonel
Denmark
Rep
Drives: F36 435xd

Garage List
Wow that pipe looks VERY similar to the one I have been using on my car for over a year now. Wonder why :-)

Ex: E46 330d, E91 330dA
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #649
dixy2k
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post

If I go to Walmart to get a pencil, I don't need the eraser they are forcing me to buy. I just want a pencil, not an eraser.
Same thing here with the pipe.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 10:54 PM   #650
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
If I go to Walmart to get a pencil, I don't need the eraser they are forcing me to buy. I just want a pencil, not an eraser.
Same thing here with the pipe.
Then you can take a hacksaw and chop off the eraser that you do not need....
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 11:15 PM   #651
smares21
Banned
Rep
Drives: Hooptie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozh View Post
Then you can take a hacksaw and chop off the eraser that you do not need....
Its actually a bad analogy. The eraser is attached to the pencil at the time of manufacture. The tune is a completely separate thing.

The better analogy is going to a baseball game and wanting to buy a beer. When you get to the concession stand, the guy tells you that the beer is $5, but you HAVE to buy a beer koozie to keep it cool for $3. The beer is fully functional on its own and the koozie isn't attached. Its an add-on that they are requiring you to buy to get the separate but stand-alone product.

That said, I'm looking to buy the package together, so I don't really care. Just pointing out the logical fallacy of the above argument.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 01:51 PM   #652
JP-76
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekboyD View Post
Hey asshole, get this shit outta here. ^^^
If anybody's wondering this post, don't worry, it was ment for one spammer whos account has been deleted.
      04-13-2014, 03:52 PM   #653
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-76 View Post
If anybody's wondering this post, don't worry, it was ment for one spammer whos account has been deleted.
Thanks man. I didn't want to quote his garbage spam and give him that satisfaction.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 08:28 PM   #654
dzlmoose
Lieutenant
Egypt
Rep
Drives: Trek 7.2, 2001 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-76 View Post
Hahaha, don't cover up for John we all know he has a wild temper.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 09:48 AM   #655
dixy2k
Major
Rep

Unfortunately many people here have no idea what goes around them.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #656
ewodzien
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 3.5d

+1 on this.

So Ecotuneuk may not be for everyone. I personally think that their choice to bundle the pipe and software is a smart business decision.

I, for one, am very happy that at least they are making something that appears, based on pictures, to be a very high quality piece.

We'll have to see how it performs and based our individual purchasing decisions on that.

-Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaknown View Post
Well said Hoooper....
Previous rides:2011 335d Jet Black / Black w/ Sport Pkg - Loaded
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 10:38 PM   #657
Kakalika
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d M Sport

I just want to know. When will this be on sale??
      04-15-2014, 09:05 AM   #658
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

Lets NOT forget I opened this thread and I can post what I feel is proper like it or not, I careless. Ecotune has been sketchy in their approach, I wonder why no dynos but a product is available for sale. Make no MISTAKE the product looks superb and somewhat what we expected but on the downside SOME of us dont want his tune why? cause either we have our tuners or whatever and that is enough to this . They have sold DPF pipes in Europe w/o tune and somebody here PROVED it!! with a link from their site. So if so desire you either buy it or not thats your problem but as long as I can and will do I will keep posting whatever comes to my mind. YES kudos for Stan via TDi that we have a RACE ONLY pipe and again!! I stress this cause they ecotune tried the lawsuit issue blah blah stuff ,if you dont remember look for the comments ok there's only 625 responses here on my thread. Again and again I have provided dynos from my tunes and yet maybe LESS than handfull have posted theirs and i applaud them, yes i heard dynos are $100, unlike down here where its $25 for 3 runs or and hour depending which dyno place you go to.

Tdi I commend you for going ALL OUT for us and leaving yourself w/o a car for two weeks to get this performed( he is the ONLY person that should get it FREE!!). If any of you desire their pipe do so and give us feedback unlike they havent to us as far as performance and or mpg enhancement. Like TDi posted he believes he can get 20 whp, my friends from Europe have stated around 30 whp, we DONT really know cause Ecotune has not done it or wont provide it.

The ONLY way I will buy this pipe is the pipe ONLY and Stan has made this clear, he states he is afraid someone will sue him for buying the pipe and screwing their DDE cause of no programming the DDE properly and I am with him on this BUT this is a RACE ONLY product and hence, it should be sold as FOR RACE purposes and therefore he would be EXEMPTED from any ahole that tries to get back at him w/o any reason. Stan if any dickweed does this to you let me know I will castrate his ass. We should NEVER go after a comapny that sells a RACE ONLY part. You are on your own, I love the fact that the pipe has a lifetime warranty that ALONE has me leaning towards Ecotune but fortunately my DDE was programmed and proven here STATESIDE unlike Euro DDE which of course is different than ours.

I hope this can clear most of your minds, Stan of Ecotune Im voicing my opinion and BTW is not rude just factual!! You have a great product on hand and wish you could reconsider some of us that have tunes already I do respect your point but you're curtailing some sales, and YES we will sign a disclosure letter all we want is the pipe and the warranty and we'll exmept you from ANY lawsuits if there maybe any . Gracias!!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 04:28 PM   #659
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Thank you Stan.

It weighs ~ 6 lbs for those interested.

Probability of having time to fit it this weekend looks high. Waiting on new motor mount bolts to also arrive. They're stretch bolts and are not supposed to be reused...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 05:10 PM   #660
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

6lbs comparedvto maybe 20 lbs oem I believe. Pls keep us posted during install and by all means show us the motor mount bolts comparo and what most of us would like eventuall before and after dynos which I believe should between 20-30 whp. Again ty TDIWYSE
Appreciate 0