E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Audio and nav differences

10-16-2007, 05:04 PM   #1
dowzer
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Convertible

Audio and nav differences

Am just about to order a new E92 335i M Coupe and am struggling to find answers on the differences between the audio and satellite navigation options. My current car (a 2003 E46 M3) has the HK upgrade and Business sat nav options - I have to say the HK in my current car does not impress me but Im not an audio whizz and not massively into music so if the difference is huge I dont want to go for the wrong one and regret it later!

Anyway! In complete simpleton terms can someone tell me the real world differences between the following:

Navigation System Business
Navigation System Professional

and

Hi-Fi Loudspeaker System
Hi-Fi Sys Prof DSP
Hi-Fi Individual Audio System (which Im assuming is Logic 7?)

As a final question - if I went for one of the basic hi-fi options and then got aftermarket amp, speakers and sub fitted would this mean cutting holes in the doors etc and, by taking the upgraded audio offering, is the head unit different from standard? Is the only difference in the systems the output in terms of amps and speaker quality and quantity?

I have had a search around here (the few threads I did have seemed to muddy the water between the professional/business system and the audio system) and I also looked in Google but I cant find a definitive guide - the dealer was next to useless, the BMW UK configurator gives a picture and nothing else so no help there either so I thought I would ask the experts instead

Thank you

Jase

Last edited by dowzer; 10-16-2007 at 05:20 PM..
Appreciate 0