E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Pocono North Report

06-02-2008, 06:59 PM   #23
BMWdrmz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahwerx View Post
Yeah - it was nice chatting with him! By the end of the second day I was feeling a lot more confident and a HECK of a lot smoother. I was driving in HPDE2 both days. The R8 was the only car I gave a point-by to that put distance between me (in HPDE2!). At one point, (day 2 session 2), I was caught behind some traffic and 2 Vettes (both C6 Z06's I *think*) came up from behind. I pointed them both by, but miraculously was able to STAY with them. My instructor was like "Why did you do that?" - I just laughed.

Couple of attached pix...

The photo with the blue Porsche is one of my instructor's driving (Darren), me as a passenger.
You are so lucky. I saw that Porsche at a BMWCCA event in April. OMG that thing is so fast. I was riding with an instructor in a C6 vette (who was national driving champion, I won't say any names), but the guy in porsche lapped us. And the guy I was riding with didn't hold anything back. Man I wish I could have riden in that car.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 07:17 PM   #24
jahwerx
Certified Purveyor of the High Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWdrmz View Post
You are so lucky. I saw that Porsche at a BMWCCA event in April. OMG that thing is so fast. I was riding with an instructor in a C6 vette (who was national driving champion, I won't say any names), but the guy in porsche lapped us. And the guy I was riding with didn't hold anything back. Man I wish I could have riden in that car.

Oh, we didn't pass THAT BLUE Porsche during the HPDE4. Sorry if I was confusing anyone. It was the White 993 that we got...

There were SOME FAST cars out there on that run!!! it was nice being a passenger for that!!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 03:29 PM   #25
longodj
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2007 335xi  [0.00]
1974 VW Beetle  [0.00]
Sort of off topic, but I just got off the phone and PMs with a bunch of companies.

My camber plates and coilovers won't be here in time for Thursday's appointment at Eksten Autoworks so...I changed my Thursday appointment to just UUC sways and SSK (which means I'll be able to give a more accurate review of them), and set up another appointment for July 2nd to get the coilovers and camber plates done. Thus, I will still have a bunch of work done for the grand slam weekend it's just going to be much more of a bitch to get it done lol.
Appreciate 0