E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Laptop help

08-22-2017, 02:16 PM   #1
borinous
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 320d SE

Laptop help

So i changed jobs many years ago and while sorting out a cupboard at home i found an old laptop i used to have for that job.

It would make a perfect workshop laptop for INPA etc and my current ones on its last legs.

trouble is its set up for login into the companys domain. is there anyway of bypassing this and resetting it to "out the box" so i can use it at home?

theres a few things online ive found but i dont want to waste my time if its utterly impossible.

Im pretty good on computers just need some guidance on how to do it without ballsing it up completely
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 04:29 PM   #2
Mboon
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

You need to format the hard drive. If you can't remember the logon details then you will need to pray the bios is not locked and you can boot to usb or disk.

Something like hirens booted from usb will allow you to format the drive, then pick your OS and install from scratch.

If I am honest though, before you waste any time I would find out which OS you want or can get and search for the driver package for that laptop online. You could be wasting your time if you can't find a driver pack for it
Appreciate 0