E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Introducing my 328i Allroad

12-03-2019, 01:05 PM   #45
E91WAG3N
Wagon Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: E39, E91, E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothwem View Post
No cutting required. @hugyourewoks already put X1 springs on and it added about an inch.

For my car, the strut mounts and spring rubbers settled in a month or so and it got back down to normal ride height. I knew it would, but I thought I'd be funny with the thread title. Anyways, I've since sold the car since my knee was acting up and the clutch was torture. I'm in a 6AT wagon now.
I thought I'd seen you post in the E91 mega sale thread before! It looks like it settled down to a stock ride height. Hopefully with the X1 springs, camber plates, and heavier duty dampers I can get some ride height out of it. I haven't bought a car yet and already have 2 E91s for road duty. Hoping to have a fun little project to keep me busy next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soravia View Post
Get X1 springs, cut them to length, get B6/HD dampers (handle stronger springs), and put on 235/45/18 wheels (they fit stock xDrive suspension, barely)
Appreciate the reply, but I'm wondering where you gathered your info from? hugyourewoks didn't mention any cutting of the springs? The wheel and tire combo you're suggesting isn't very aggressive, either. I realize the xi's have a different front suspension setup but I just test fit stock M3 18" wheels and tires running 245/40/18s to my RWD E91 and they fit fine even with a really low ride height. I'd look into running a 16" or 17" wheel with a higher profile tire like a 235/60/17 or something to gain additional ground clearance. I'll be utilizing stock 32x rotors and brake clearance shouldn't be an issue. I'm going to test drive an X1 to see how the front end feels.

I'll ultimately run a 255/35/18 square setup on my current E91. I have ST coilovers, Dinan Camber plates, and an E93 M3 front sway:

Last edited by E91WAG3N; 12-03-2019 at 01:20 PM..
Appreciate 0