E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Straight piped exhaust is too loud + drone

04-17-2020, 11:19 PM   #1
StarThreat
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: N54 E82

Straight piped exhaust is too loud + drone

Hi,

Recently got rid of my N55 E92 and hopped into a N54 E82, however previous guy had a full straight pipe (and catless DPs) and it is way too loud with annoying ass drone.

Fortunately, the seller (great guy), provided the stock exhaust components such as secondary cats, resonator, and muffler.

My question: What should I do (cost effective) to have the drone fixed and not have the car so obnoxiously loud? Something that I can temporarily get by for now until I save up enough for a proper aftermarket setup probably...

I'd like for it to sound (relatively) nice when I'm on it but I don't want attention on me every time I'm driving from a red light.

I've read already that I can add back the resonator but I'm not sure if that will fix my issue, I'm sure it would help but I don't know to what extent.

Thanks ahead of time!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 01:59 AM   #2
E93Beast
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarThreat View Post
Hi,

Recently got rid of my N55 E92 and hopped into a N54 E82, however previous guy had a full straight pipe (and catless DPs) and it is way too loud with annoying ass drone.

Fortunately, the seller (great guy), provided the stock exhaust components such as secondary cats, resonator, and muffler.

My question: What should I do (cost effective) to have the drone fixed and not have the car so obnoxiously loud? Something that I can temporarily get by for now until I save up enough for a proper aftermarket setup probably...

I'd like for it to sound (relatively) nice when I'm on it but I don't want attention on me every time I'm driving from a red light.

I've read already that I can add back the resonator but I'm not sure if that will fix my issue, I'm sure it would help but I don't know to what extent.

Thanks ahead of time!
Cheap mufflers ..... you can
Install resonators but will still drone and be pretty loud
Appreciate 0