E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Guys...why can't I find the coolant flange on RealOEM?

06-26-2020, 09:53 PM   #23
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome to NBA Jam View Post
In case anyone runs into this in the future:

Take vice grips and crush the metal band part. It'll break the plastic inside the hose and you can remove it.
I'll just add that if you're doing this while the hose is still in the car, point it down so when you crush the plastic inside, all of the pieces fall out and not down the hose.
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2020, 10:26 PM   #24
Welcome to NBA Jam
Is it the shoes!?
Rep
Drives: (Sold) 2011 E92 335i ZMP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
I'll just add that if you're doing this while the hose is still in the car, point it down so when you crush the plastic inside, all of the pieces fall out and not down the hose.
Good point. I did it pointed slightly down, got out the plastic bits, then pointed it far down and let the remaining coolant in the line flush anything else out. A fair amount of coolant will come out.

When I crushed it, the piece broke off really cleanly surprisingly. The only remaining part was on the inside of the hose, pretty similar to what you'd find if it blew out.

Mine didn't fail, but it definitely was very soft. It was almost flakey in parts. Glad I did it.

Last edited by Welcome to NBA Jam; 06-26-2020 at 10:41 PM..
Appreciate 0