E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Looking for new exhaust options

07-02-2020, 02:15 PM   #1
Gabriel1273
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i E-90

Quick disclaimer: I just got a 2011 328i and I don't know much about cars so if I say anything that isn't right just correct me so I know what I'm talking about lol.

So, I was looking for some exhaust/ muffler options (deletes, different mufflers, etc.) within the range of 500$. Not looking for performance (if there is that's cool) but more for a nice sound. I want something kind of aggressive sound with hopefully with crackles but nothing super obnoxious like a straight pipe. I don't want a civic trashy sound, I want a nice classy, but deep sporty sound that isn't too loud. Let me know some options and leave links if possible. Please speak in a manner that someone who doesn't know much about cars can understand lol.

Also: what is the rainbow looking effect (sort of a chemical reaction with the metal) on chrome exhaust tips called? I think it's really cool and I'm curious to know if I can do it myself.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 01:00 PM   #2
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel1273 View Post
Quick disclaimer: I just got a 2011 328i and I don't know much about cars so if I say anything that isn't right just correct me so I know what I'm talking about lol.

So, I was looking for some exhaust/ muffler options (deletes, different mufflers, etc.) within the range of 500$. Not looking for performance (if there is that's cool) but more for a nice sound. I want something kind of aggressive sound with hopefully with crackles but nothing super obnoxious like a straight pipe. I don't want a civic trashy sound, I want a nice classy, but deep sporty sound that isn't too loud. Let me know some options and leave links if possible. Please speak in a manner that someone who doesn't know much about cars can understand lol.

Also: what is the rainbow looking effect (sort of a chemical reaction with the metal) on chrome exhaust tips called? I think it's really cool and I'm curious to know if I can do it myself.
Burnt tips is what I THINK they're called.

If you want to do it the absolute cheapest way - reference the PE (performance exhaust) modification to the stock muffler.

I stand by high flow cats, if you're thinking of deleting the secondaries.
      07-07-2020, 02:33 AM   #3
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
My suggestion is to delete secondary cats, leave your resonator, and then replace muffler with PE, PE mod, or a magnaflow etc.

Each will sound different, YouTube setups if possible.

Good luck