E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Parts for Single turbo...

07-10-2020, 04:00 AM   #1
chiefsotos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335 E93

Parts for Single turbo...

Hello,
my Bmw reached 110.000kms and the time has come to pull the trigger on the docrace single turbo kit.

With docrace kit, i also ordered:
-er sport oil cooler
-3.5 tmap sensor with pnp adapters
-ngk spark plugs 1 step colder
-vrsf 7,5" race Fmic
-Mac 3-port solenoid
-jb4 G5 with blue tooth connection
I ordered all the above items from a sponsor of this forum and being very satisfied with the comunication and support to my questions.Also he made me very good price to all these things (if advertise is allowed, i can tell his name)
Now i am waiting the goods to arrive and be very unpatient to make this diy project to be completed.

2 years ago i ordered rb external pcv system with mishimoto occ and bms occ and stage 2+ bucketless fuel pump but i will install them with the new turbo kit.
I also bought some new ntk o2 sensors, a lot heat wrap tape and boots, reflect gold tape, new dps gaskets, engine coolant pipe gasket, bmw coolant, valve cover gasket, eldor bmw oem coils.

5.000km ago i replaced coolant pump and thermostat.
I have the clutch of 550i for some miles, can it handle the extra power?

My goal is highest hp only with 93pump gas but with safe as it is my daily driven car.
Are there any more things should i purchase or replace in order to complete this diy project?

Last edited by chiefsotos; 07-10-2020 at 05:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 09:25 AM   #2
335ilover5070
Private
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefsotos View Post
Hello,
my Bmw reached 110.000kms and the time has come to pull the trigger on the docrace single turbo kit.

With docrace kit, i also ordered:
-er sport oil cooler
-3.5 tmap sensor with pnp adapters
-ngk spark plugs 1 step colder
-vrsf 7,5" race Fmic
-Mac 3-port solenoid
-jb4 G5 with blue tooth connection
I ordered all the above items from a sponsor of this forum and being very satisfied with the comunication and support to my questions.Also he made me very good price to all these things (if advertise is allowed, i can tell his name)
Now i am waiting the goods to arrive and be very unpatient to make this diy project to be completed.

2 years ago i ordered rb external pcv system with mishimoto occ and bms occ and stage 2+ bucketless fuel pump but i will install them with the new turbo kit.
I also bought some new ntk o2 sensors, a lot heat wrap tape and boots, reflect gold tape, new dps gaskets, engine coolant pipe gasket, bmw coolant, valve cover gasket, eldor bmw oem coils.

5.000km ago i replaced coolant pump and thermostat.
I have the clutch of 550i for some miles, can it handle the extra power?

My goal is highest hp only with 93pump gas but with safe as it is my daily driven car.
Are there any more things should i purchase or replace in order to complete this diy project?
Hey brother I've been working away during this COVID 19 season on a custom top mount set up for my E90 on a very tight budget $300 in metal.

Any who off the top of my head

Fcp euro parts you probably should order

New index 12's
Water pump / t stat
Coils
Plugs
Adv 02 sensors
Valve cover / gasket
Oil filter housing
Oil pan
Drive belt kit
Vanos solenoid
At least a minimum of a stage 3 bucketed or bucketless set up
Can't go wrong with a new or low mile hpfp " I have one with 4k miles "
Walnut blast
Trans service

Some meaty tires in the rear 305 minimum
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 12:17 PM   #3
chiefsotos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335 E93

I have already changed the water pump with thermostat and the drive belt aslo.
I should do a good valve cleaning and cleaning the vanos solenoids also.
Now for the oil filter housing and oil pan i don't have any issue yet, so i would prefer to avoid doing them right now.
For adv O2 for some people working fine for some doesn't, so i prefered just oem ntk for beggining.
My fear is injectors and hpfp beacause there are 12 years old and propably can't affort the extra power, put there are very expensive to change them in advance.
After the installation i will make some datalogs to see how they can keep up and decide then.

Nice Diy project you have, keep us updated..
Appreciate 0