E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > TRSVC on E91 & 3AG coding problems; now completed

11-21-2019, 04:16 PM   #1
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 Lci, Vectra B V6

TRSVC on E91 & 3AG coding problems; now completed

Do any learned members know where the TRSVC is located on an F31 estate?
I've undertaken to add a TRSVC module to my E91 in the hope of being able to use the factory reverse camera with all the benifits that brings over an emulator.

I've routed the retrofit wiring harness down the left side of the car, having seen pictures of TRSVC modules behind the left boot trim. But now having routed the camera cable through the tailgate towards the left side, I realise it favours the right side far better. I had seen pictures of TRSVC modules in a bracket on top of the battery strap too.
I've also heard the TRSVC module is up front on a factory original install. All very confusing.

So I may well end up routing down the right side instead.

Last edited by Andystobbs; 12-17-2019 at 12:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 11:24 AM   #2
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep

For the benifit of anyone finding this thead. Route the harness down the right side of the car.
Haven't yet found a mounting location for the TRSVC module but it can be stowed behind the boot side carpet. It will not fit above battery nor in the quarter panel with order control modules.

The tailgate needs the handle hole extending to 150x40mm to accommodate the full size handle and camera. The camera cable is a bitch to route through the tailgate, especially with the massive ear for earthing the screening of the cable.
The TRSVC can be added to the KCAN network at the back or behind the CIC. I now have comms with TRSVC, added a fuse to position 9 in the glovebox fuseboard.
Just can't get my CIC to take the 3AG coding. I think that's more to do with the limitations of Autel coding. Need to get INPA set up.

Last edited by Andystobbs; 11-30-2019 at 10:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 07:11 AM   #3
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep

Can anyone help with a coding brick wall I've hit.

Trying to code my CIC for rear view camera, now using NCS expert. My car has CIC. 08 fitted. Reading the existing coding, as set up by the Autel

PDC rearview aktiv
Parkmenu nicht aktiv
Wert 21
Top view nicht aktive
Sideview nicht aktiv
PDC direktion horizontal

But despite the parameter pdc rearview aktiv I don't get any change in the way the screen looks, its still the standard pdc display.
First I enabled Parkmenu and vertikal display and lost the pdc display completely. Ie the car still beeped but no change in cic display to reflect the fact I'm parking.
So I disabled parkmenu and got the graphical pdc display back.
Direction remains horizontal whether set to vertikal or horizontal.
Tried wert 23 in combination with other above changes to no effect.

Basically I cannot get the cic to make way for the video display of the camera. Will it only do this with the emulator fitted? Or will it always make way for video signal even when one isn't connected?

My TRSVC is wired to fbas pins on back of cic.

Last edited by Andystobbs; 11-30-2019 at 10:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 06:52 AM   #4
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep

Development on this situation. A chance conversation with another guy who's doing this mod on his E92, and who is further into it than me explained that it is the PDC module that sends out the correct mesage to CIC to show reverse camera, I'd been assuming it was the TRSVC.
He explained that an E84 PDC was the way to go to obtain the missing message, due to different architecture the E84 firmware cannot be flashed to original (E91 in my case) PDC.

So I've got an e84 PDC and can now see the parkmenu in CIC, still don't have any video from the camera yet but work continues!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 12:00 PM   #5
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep

Sucess. With the E84 PDC module fitted and default coded it all sprang to life!
I have to alter some values in the TRSVC to better reflect the physical location of the camera but the retrofit is looking complete. Trailer hitch zoom, object marking and guidelines all working as they would from factory with moving gridlines too (according to the steering angle).
Not an easy install but worthwhile.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 10:39 PM   #6
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

Hey there. I am wiling to install OEM BMW TRSVC to my e93 rather than Emulator as well, since I never seen any DIY, I already got the emulator and will be installing as soon as it arrives, But Do you have any pictures how you run the wires? I would like to know how can I actually install the oem module. And because I have convertible, the TRSVC location probably should be somewhere under the trunk matt closer to combox cuz any other place will effect the hard top while it is stoved
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 02-28-2020 at 01:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 11:20 PM   #7
scoopy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30 320d

How did you flash the e84 module
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 12:50 AM   #8
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

I have successfully activated my Reverse camera with Front and Rear PDC retrofit using the European E9x PDC which is similar to e84 PDC.

Now I want to gain options line Parking like and Obstacles so I have bought f10 m5 single Fakra TRSVC and f10 reverse camera, and instead of cutting the handle I have built my own trunk handle with the f10 OEM camera, waiting oem wiring harness to arrive from Europe as well.

After making good research found out that f series TRSVC uses KCAN1 connection just like the E series and the camera module will 100% communicate with E series system.

My only dilemma was since the f series camera module has more updated SW than the E series and listed like SW:13.08.01 vs SW03.06.01 on E84 TRSVC so was afraid that NCSExpert wont recognize the TRSVC, but If you got your TRSVC from f31 then mine 100% should work. HW numbers matches on both series and both has 10.02.00

Because my car is e93, I had purchased Satellite Unit with the bracket when I was doing the CIC retrofit and realized after that CIC came with built in SAT. So I have remove the SAT module and install the Camera Module on top, it is perfect location to install under the Matt using the SAT bracket.

Here is the current setup I have :

And this is the OEM Project :

TRSVC Location :

Fxx TRSVC KCAN 1 :

, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 04-19-2020 at 11:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 12:48 PM   #9
antoxa256
Rep
Drives: E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andystobbs View Post
Development on this situation. A chance conversation with another guy who's doing this mod on his E92, and who is further into it than me explained that it is the PDC module that sends out the correct mesage to CIC to show reverse camera, I'd been assuming it was the TRSVC.
He explained that an E84 PDC was the way to go to obtain the missing message, due to different architecture the E84 firmware cannot be flashed to original (E91 in my case) PDC.

So I've got an e84 PDC and can now see the parkmenu in CIC, still don't have any video from the camera yet but work continues!
Hello Andystobbs,

I hope you can help me: I'm following your footsteps on this build - I've purchased a E70 TRSVC with 3 inputs (it was cheaper) and a E84 PDC, connected everything. All seems fine. But I'm stuck on the same step where after enabling L6_PARKMENU - I don't get any screen at all.
How did you mange to go past this step? I'm hitting a wall here..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 07:54 PM   #10
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoxa256 View Post
Hello Andystobbs,

I hope you can help me: I'm following your footsteps on this build - I've purchased a E70 TRSVC with 3 inputs (it was cheaper) and a E84 PDC, connected everything. All seems fine. But I'm stuck on the same step where after enabling L6_PARKMENU - I don't get any screen at all.
Did you do all this codings?

MACRO_PDC
aktiv
MACRO_REARVIEW
aktiv
RVC_CIC
wert_21 (FBAS1)
MACRO_L6_PARKMENU
aktiv
PDC_DIRECTION
vertikal
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 09:41 PM   #11
antoxa256
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNGRia View Post
Did you do all this codings?

MACRO_PDC
aktiv
MACRO_REARVIEW
aktiv
RVC_CIC
wert_21 (FBAS1)
MACRO_L6_PARKMENU
aktiv
PDC_DIRECTION
vertikal
Yes I did all that.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 11:53 PM   #12
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Yes I did all that.
Did you check your ISTA? Do you have any KCAN fault code stored? And also can you see the PDC module on NCS Expert? One last thing did you default coded the PDC and CIC after adding the $508 and $3AG?
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 01:07 AM   #13
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Hello Andystobbs,

For me I was getting that issue with the original PDC module. After installing the E84 module I coded it with my Autel and still it didn't work and it messed up the PDC parameters. I needed an SSD file to persuade NCS to talk to the E84 PDC. With that loaded I wrote a blank .man file to PDC and it sprung to life.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 10:34 AM   #14
antoxa256
Rep

Quote:
Did you check your ISTA? Do you have any KCAN fault code stored? And also can you see the PDC module on NCS Expert? One last thing did you default coded the PDC and CIC after adding the $508 and $3AG?
No CAN errors, PDC is accessible and default coded many times, as well as CIC. All possible 3AG related coding variants in cic have been tested.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 10:36 AM   #15
antoxa256
Rep

Quote:
For me I was getting that issue with the original PDC module. After installing the E84 module I coded it with my Autel and still it didn't work and it messed up the PDC parameters. I needed an SSD file to persuade NCS to talk to the E84 PDC. With that loaded I wrote a blank .man file to PDC and it sprung to life.
Thanks for reply. One more question: did you manage to access the TRSVC module in NCS? For some reason I can't access it and code.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 11:00 AM   #16
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep

No, never got into it. Probably need an E70 SSD file. I tried making one but was floundering despite using other SSD files as a template. I'd love a detailed explanation of how to write one, as in what info to put into it.

My camera image is ever so slightly off centre but only noticable when towbar is deployed for a dead centre reference. I cut my slot equal in the tailgate. Ie. I took the same off both sides so the centre line of the boot lid handle (including camera) is on the centre line of the car. This puts the camera off to the right as viewed from behind. Can't actually remember just now which side of the towbar the grid line lands.

One day I'd be keen to ammend it but I'm busy enough just now.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 11:36 AM   #17
antoxa256
Rep

Quote:
No, never got into it. Probably need an E70 SSD file. I tried making one but was floundering despite using other SSD files as a template. I'd love a detailed explanation of how to write one, as in what info to put into it.

My camera image is ever so slightly off centre but only noticable when towbar is deployed for a dead centre reference. I cut my slot equal in the tailgate. Ie. I took the same off both sides so the centre line of the boot lid handle (including camera) is on the centre line of the car. This puts the camera off to the right as viewed from behind. Can't actually remember just now which side of the towbar the grid line lands.

One day I'd be keen to ammend it but I'm busy enough just now.
I can tell that the problem is not in ssd file: I’ve tried e70, e84, e90 ssd’s - the result is the same. It can’t reach its coding index. Some patched files are needed like the ones for the e 84 pdc module. Without that files I wasn’t able to code a pdc initialy.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 01:02 PM   #18
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep

I can't make sense of why NCS wouldn't read it given its a native ECU on E70/1

My other tools all read it fine but not deep enough to code it.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 03:33 PM   #19
antoxa256
Rep

Quote:
I can't make sense of why NCS wouldn't read it given its a native ECU on E70/1

My other tools all read it fine but not deep enough to code it.
Exactly, I just don’t understand why.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 09:12 PM   #20
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Here is the new DATEN File with the new index. According to the guy who edited, it can read the modules. Keep your original on side and copy replace with this to try it. If it doesnt work replace with ur Original one back!

https://github.com/AdrianBude/E84-PDC-E89X
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 10:24 PM   #21
antoxa256
Rep

Quote:
Here is the new DATEN File with the new index. According to the guy who edited, it can read the modules. Keep your original on side and copy replace with this to try it. If it doesnt work replace with ur Original one back!

https://github.com/AdrianBude/E84-PDC-E89X
Thanks, I’ve used them already. Without it the PDC is not accessible. I’d like to make the same for the TRSVC, but don’t know how yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 10:38 PM   #22
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I’ve used them already. Without it the PDC is not accessible. I’d like to make the same for the TRSVC, but don’t know how yet.
Oh okay, I thought you can not access the PDC either. Yes. If you can do the same index for the TRSVC can you please share? Thank you!
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0