E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > What to do in these Covid times?

04-11-2020, 01:36 PM   #23
N57
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 325D M Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 325D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSweet1991 View Post
Ahh yes the front bumper, I have high hopes for that aslong as those mounting points are okay. My front bumper is in a sorry state as well, banc when I was working for the NHS I think one of the contractors scuffed the corner of the bumper and it had that light blue colour the Ford Fiestas have.. I was gutted! Cleaned it and then used a black sapphire paint pen, compared to white it's 100% better, but its damn hideous when you look close

Ahh that's another thing I was meant to do now you've mentioned it, I wanted to carpet clean the floor and boot with my carpet cleaner, with the kids in the car I'm sure there's plenty of crap trodden into the carpets lol.

That's a cool idea with the tool box as well, when I got my car it literally just had a jack and a few things chucked into the hole, now I've used that space for my amplifier so it's hidden out the way
Yeah mate, finally got the bumper sorted. In regards to cleaning the boot you can take some of the trim (near the boot latch) off to get better access, its secured by couple of them push/pull screws and 2 phillips head screws.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 03:28 AM   #24
sfarisminhas
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 Saloon 2011

I'm trying to find decent interior for my e90 LCI. Have been looking on eBay and there is one that suits me perfectly, it's simply the front msport seats in black cloth which match my interior completely. Means I don't have to remove my door cards nor my rear seats. Unfortunately, the chap isn't open till the 1st of June. I am assuming the lockdown might still be on by then.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 04:28 AM   #25
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarisbradistan View Post
I'm trying to find decent interior for my e90 LCI. Have been looking on eBay and there is one that suits me perfectly, it's simply the front msport seats in black cloth which match my interior completely. Means I don't have to remove my door cards nor my rear seats. Unfortunately, the chap isn't open till the 1st of June. I am assuming the lockdown might still be on by then.
Ahh that's a shame! Don't forget to check "e90 breaking" you may even find some local with those seats and cheap
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 09:24 AM   #26
sfarisminhas
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSweet1991 View Post
Quote:
Ahh that's a shame! Don't forget to check "e90 breaking" you may even find some local with those seats and cheap
Checked all that. LCI Msport seats seem extremely scarce. Such a shame that pre-LCI are such a PITA to fit in. Also with the current situation, delivery seems to be the only option and bizarrely, people simply don't want to post, even though they are aware of the current climate!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 09:45 AM   #27
N57
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 325D M Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 325D  [0.00]
Quote:
Checked all that. LCI Msport seats seem extremely scarce. Such a shame that pre-LCI are such a PITA to fit in. Also with the current situation, delivery seems to be the only option and bizarrely, people simply don't want to post, even though they are aware of the current climate!
You tried facebook marketplace, shpock, gumtree etc?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 09:50 AM   #28
sfarisminhas
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Tried them all except Facebook marketplace as I don't have an account. The specific ones I am after look like the one in this pic. These ones are perfect as firstly, they are LCI and secondly, they match the rest of the interior. These are up on eBay in Scotland but the guy isn't back till the first of June. First world problems. 😷
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 03:15 PM   #29
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Off the topic of cars, any of you run a laser cutter or 3d printer, or sewing skills, etc? There are plenty of projects going on around the country to produce PPE for the NHS and care homes etc. If anyone would like to get involved but doesn't know where to look, I should be able to point you in a direction/link you up with a group
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 05:06 PM   #30
sfarisminhas
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Managed to get interior. Got the Msport shadow blue alcantara. Have installed everything except the front door cards. Waiting for sound deadening, replacement inner handle for the front passenger side as the one on the door card was a bit meh. Also some JB weld kwik so that I can transfer the drivers door armrest from my current door card to the new one, then job done. 👍🏾
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 03:18 AM   #31
DriverLDN
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport E90 2006

All I've done is give my car a long over due wash and polish this weekend, I've not done this myself in years. It's come up alright. I'm now tempted to have a go at using a clay bar and invest in an orbital polisher since the body could do with being smoother. Think I need to watch a few more detailing videos on YouTube before I brave that.

05-13-2020, 03:45 AM   #32
sfarisminhas
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

That looks great. Over the weekend I swapped out the headliner and pillars to the Msport anthracite, makes a massive difference to the feel and ambience of the cabin.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 04:20 AM   #33
DriverLDN
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That looks great. Over the weekend I swapped out the headliner and pillars to the Msport anthracite, makes a massive difference to the feel and ambience of the cabin.
Cheers buddy. That's what I have in mine as well. When I first bought the car it felt strange at first to have a dark headliner and pillars as all my other cars had lighter ones.
      05-13-2020, 04:39 AM   #34
sfarisminhas
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverLDN View Post
Quote:
Cheers buddy. That's what I have in mine as well. When I first bought the car it felt strange at first to have a dark headliner and pillars as all my other cars had lighter ones.
I think it does make a marked difference. I have heard some people say that it doesn't bother them. Each to their own, it's the ambience and total feel that you get when sat in it.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 09:29 AM   #35
DriverLDN
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I think it does make a marked difference. I have heard some people say that it doesn't bother them. Each to their own, it's the ambience and total feel that you get when sat in it.
I like it because especially with night driving, with the cabin being so dark, you can focus more on the road. Although that may just me.

In the summer though, it does get damn hot when you get inside the car as it's just absorbing all the heat.
      06-23-2020, 07:43 AM   #36
sfarisminhas
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Well, at the end of last month, I was made redundant. After the 24hrs of wallowing in self pity, I decided to focus on the next step (or a step I should have focused on much earlier) and catch up on long overdue IT courses and I moved back up to Yorkshire!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 12:18 PM   #37
nomiS330d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330d

I washed, clay’s, machine polished and waxed mine the other day. It really needs cutting back but I don’t have the bravery. It looks and feels much better. Still Monaco blue though........ :-/

Appreciate 0