E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Match MS 42 Speakers vs. Individual Audio vs. Logic 7? (from main forum)

09-20-2021, 08:07 PM   #1
Hoody007
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZMZ LCI | 850i/6

Match MS 42 Speakers vs. Individual Audio vs. Logic 7? (from main forum)

Hi All,

I posted this in the main forum, but was advised to move it here. So here we are!

Does anyone have experience with the Match MS 42C speakers by Audiotech Fischer? I currently have Logic 7 midranges passively crossed with Vifa OT19 tweeters, but I find the system to be a bit too harsh for my tastes. I listen to a lot of 80s rock (ABBA, Dire Straits, Eagles), jazz (Miles Davis), and classical music (Chopin).

For reference, these are the speakers: https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...s/ms-42c-bmw.1

This is all backed up by the PP82DSP amp by Audiotec as well. Have the Hifi subs which are surprisingly decent. Looking for smooth sound, really.

My other alternative is to go for the Individual Audio setup, which I’ve heard is phenomenal. Having trouble finding the crossovers with the wiring harness intact, however, at least on eBay. I am now aware that I can purchase the harness separately (and I might just try to build my own…)

Any recommendations? I can get the Match speakers at quite a discount, about $120 for the entire set.

What I’m really looking for here is any experiences with the Match lineup of speakers - I know Audiotec’s amps are top shelf, but I wanted to see how the IA speakers might compare with the Match speakers, and if the IA speakers are worth the extra $130 or so...
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 01:48 PM   #2
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoody007 View Post
Hi All,

I posted this in the main forum, but was advised to move it here. So here we are!

Does anyone have experience with the Match MS 42C speakers by Audiotech Fischer? I currently have Logic 7 midranges passively crossed with Vifa OT19 tweeters, but I find the system to be a bit too harsh for my tastes. I listen to a lot of 80s rock (ABBA, Dire Straits, Eagles), jazz (Miles Davis), and classical music (Chopin).

For reference, these are the speakers: https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...s/ms-42c-bmw.1

This is all backed up by the PP82DSP amp by Audiotec as well. Have the Hifi subs which are surprisingly decent. Looking for smooth sound, really.

My other alternative is to go for the Individual Audio setup, which I’ve heard is phenomenal. Having trouble finding the crossovers with the wiring harness intact, however, at least on eBay. I am now aware that I can purchase the harness separately (and I might just try to build my own…)

Any recommendations? I can get the Match speakers at quite a discount, about $120 for the entire set.

What I’m really looking for here is any experiences with the Match lineup of speakers - I know Audiotec’s amps are top shelf, but I wanted to see how the IA speakers might compare with the Match speakers, and if the IA speakers are worth the extra $130 or so...
For $120 it would be a no brainer for me...Match. Never heard them but I trust the brand.
      09-22-2021, 05:38 PM   #3
E92x7z
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
For $120 it would be a no brainer for me...Match. Never heard them but I trust the brand.
no ... you know it ... Match ... bro Match is a HELIX or Audiotech Fischer

Match is a plug and play sector ... i tell you only one .. if you have money or Variant buy AUDISON prima for BMW ...
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 05:51 AM   #4
smatanovic
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 eDrive 40 mSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoody007 View Post
Hi All,

I have the Match under-seat bass drivers in my e91, and I am very happy with the choice. They're a solid upgrade from the stock drivers. I can't speak for the other products in their line, but if the under-seat speakers are indicative of the brand, I'd say go for it.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 04:40 PM   #5
Jelle458
Rep
Drives: 330i E90

I just did a full upgrade with the Match speakers, using the ones you mention.

You can see it as a post in this topic: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1853180

However I am not an audio person, so I cannot tell you exactly how they play, especially because I am not using an amp at all, just the headunit. Might go for an amp upgrade later though.

To me those tweeters sound very good, but whether they are harsh or not I really cannot tell, especially because I didn't have tweeters before the upgrade.
Appreciate 0