E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > MHD Tune is making my car slower…

08-10-2022, 08:52 PM   #45
e90_monster
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2011 335i xDrive MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mym3isslow View Post
The speed seems low.
It slows down dramatically in higher gears because my intercooler can't handle the tune and heats up to about 80°C. Causing less boost and more timing correction. I have a new one from VRSF on backorder.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 09:53 PM   #46
mym3isslow
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90_monster View Post
It slows down dramatically in higher gears because my intercooler can't handle the tune and heats up to about 80C. Causing less boost and more timing correction. I have a new one from VRSF on backorder.
That makes sense. You have more speed than me in the 1/8th but then loose it all by the 1/4. Sorry if I missed this but what boost pressure is the MHD targeting? What kind of ambient temps are you seeing where you live?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:24 AM   #47
e90_monster
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mym3isslow View Post
That makes sense. You have more speed than me in the 1/8th but then loose it all by the 1/4. Sorry if I missed this but what boost pressure is the MHD targeting? What kind of ambient temps are you seeing where you live?
I'll link a log at the bottom, that'll have exact boost targets. It's really hot here at the moment (it's Canada surprising I know) it's about 40°C or 104°F in the day but this log was as night probably around 28°C or 82°F.

https://datazap.me/u/e90monster/log-...&data=4-20
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:34 PM   #48
TheGoodTheBadTheUgly
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i xDrive

Hey, you use Chevron 94? I guess you are somewhere around BC? Never seen any Chevron near me.

I use Petro Canada 94 on Stage 2+ and I always change my spark plugs and coils every year through FCP Euro with their lifetime warranty. I put the stock Bosch plugs and Delphi coil, nothing fancy.

Here is a log I took in winter, not really representative since my IAT are literally freezing and that its a previous MHD version.

https://datazap.me/u/thegoodthebadth...47-48-49-50-51

Here is another example with an even older version of MHD that had some pretty shit tuning and some big overboosting occurrences, but you can still see that even with warm IAT, no serious or considerable overboost.

https://datazap.me/u/thegoodthebadth...og=0&data=4-21
      Yesterday, 01:16 PM   #49
e90_monster
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Hey, you use Chevron 94? I guess you are somewhere around BC? Never seen any Chevron near me.

I use Petro Canada 94 on Stage 2+ and I always change my spark plugs and coils every year through FCP Euro with their lifetime warranty. I put the stock Bosch plugs and Delphi coil, nothing fancy.

Here is a log I took in winter, not really representative since my IAT are literally freezing and that its a previous MHD version.

https://datazap.me/u/thegoodthebadth...47-48-49-50-51

Here is another example with an even older version of MHD that had some pretty shit tuning and some big overboosting occurrences, but you can still see that even with warm IAT, no serious or considerable overboost.

https://datazap.me/u/thegoodthebadth...&data=4-21
Yeah I'm located in BC. My local tuning shop recommends Shell 91 or Chevron 94 but to fix my timing issues I have to put in 6:1 ethanol. What IC do you use?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:43 PM   #50
TheGoodTheBadTheUgly
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90_monster View Post
Yeah I'm located in BC. My local tuning shop recommends Shell 91 or Chevron 94 but to fix my timing issues I have to put in 6:1 ethanol. What IC do you use?
I have the ETS 7" FMIC. It never was a very popular option and was around a while ago, but it works ok for me.

The corrections are always spread on multiple cylinders at the same time. Sometimes if it's really more isolated to certain cylinders, we can say with a bit more confidence that it's probably the ignition system (plugs, coils, or injectors) but in cases like these, it is not easy to say. Heat soaking though can easily make your car pull timing.
      Yesterday, 04:08 PM   #51
e90_monster
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Sometimes if it's really more isolated to certain cylinders, we can say with a bit more confidence that it's probably the ignition system (plugs, coils, or injectors) but in cases like these, it is not easy to say. Heat soaking though can easily make your car pull timing.
My timing on recent pulls with the 6:1 mix has been a lot better. Also considering at the end of it my IAT is 80°C with little timing that's good. I have a new IC on order but after cleaning the injectors and running some ethanol helped a lot.

https://datazap.me/u/e90monster/log-...&data=4-20
Appreciate 0