E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Help needed! E92 hardtop issue

06-05-2022, 04:57 PM   #1
carmichael28
Rep
Drives: BMW e92

Help needed! E92 hardtop issue

When I try to open my top, the boot doesn't open, and the top only unlatches but doesn't move, and now won't latch back to the windshield and close the windows. The rollbars were deployed and pressing against the rear windshield but I've since reset them. I also noticed when I was able to lock the top fully after resetting the rollbars, the headliner didn't retract all the way to the roof near the rear headrests. No fault codes showing at the shop. Only a red flashing light on the button.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 01:34 PM   #2
Al3029
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93, Msport, white/red

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmichael28 View Post
When I try to open my top, the boot doesn't open, and the top only unlatches but doesn't move, and now won't latch back to the windshield and close the windows. The rollbars were deployed and pressing against the rear windshield but I've since reset them. I also noticed when I was able to lock the top fully after resetting the rollbars, the headliner didn't retract all the way to the roof near the rear headrests. No fault codes showing at the shop. Only a red flashing light on the button.
Not sure what you mean by rollbars, I have a E93, make sure the trunk space is clear of all belongings...check the sides, etc...
Appreciate 0