E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Check combination/am I missing anything?

11-05-2018, 06:20 PM   #1
joeybutts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: A dream

Check combination/am I missing anything?

2007 e90 335i 120k miles I believe on stock suspension other than Hotchkis sway.

Performance wise I'm done other than about to get a Trebulia BEF so on to the next.

11-piece M kit
subframe bushings (delrin or aluminum)
B12 pro-kit
Camber plates
Monroe mount kit

Should I go with different sways?
I am incredibly on the fence about an LSD.

So this is my daily for the next 1-2 yrs and will MOST likely not be raced other than spirited road driving. Anything that does not match up or should be changed, added, deleted? Is this the best idea? I'd like to knock it all out in one shot, have asked previously about ideas but would like to know if what I am choosing meshes.

Thanks for your time and input!

EDIT: Add camber plates!

Last edited by joeybutts; 11-07-2018 at 06:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 08:03 AM   #2
joeybutts
Private First Class
Rep

bump

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 08:29 AM   #3
SnapCoupe
BMW Portland
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe/E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybutts View Post
2007 e90 335i 120k miles I believe on stock suspension other than Hotchkis sway.

Performance wise I'm done other than about to get a Trebulia BEF so on to the next.

11-piece M kit
subframe bushings (delrin or aluminum)
B12 pro-kit
Camber plates
Monroe mount kit

Should I go with different sways?
I am incredibly on the fence about an LSD.

So this is my daily for the next 1-2 yrs and will MOST likely not be raced other than spirited road driving. Anything that does not match up or should be changed, added, deleted? Is this the best idea? I'd like to knock it all out in one shot, have asked previously about ideas but would like to know if what I am choosing meshes.

Thanks for your time and input!

EDIT: Add camber plates!
Everything should work together fine, but if this is your daily I seriously suggest not getting solid subframe bushings. The M3 control arms and ST coilovers alone stiffened up my car a crazy amount and a significant amount more NVH can be felt through the steering (almost too much for a daily). Considering you have a 2007 I believe the LSD for your car is not all that expensive. I would personally just roll with the front M3 control arm kit (as the rears don't upgrade much of anything) and use the rest of the $$ towards a LSD.
MHD Stage 2+, VRSF Downpipe, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Intake, BMS Chargepipe, Performance Exhaust Mod, F10 550i Clutch, BMS CDV, BMW Performance SSK, M3 Control Arms, ST Coilovers, Apex ARC-8 wheels, Michelin PS4S
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 09:42 AM   #4
joeybutts
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks Snap!

I thought I read that most people didn't experience much change in switching to solid mounts, but you feel t is too much? Just asking for a little more clarification, not doubting. Though I have already gone to firmer motor and transmission mounts.

Do you feel the ST coilovers are a competitor to the B12 kit? I really don't know which way to go with the strut/spring setups.

Last, any links as to where I should look LSD-wise?

Thanks again for all your help!!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 10:32 PM   #5
weehe126
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

Solid subframe bushings do not add any NVH. There is no reason not to get at least solid poly. Solid aluminum can be difficult to install.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 08:30 AM   #6
joeybutts
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks Wee! Maybe I'll do delrin/poly for ease of install....
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 09:40 AM   #7
SnapCoupe
BMW Portland
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe/E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybutts View Post
Thanks Snap!

I thought I read that most people didn't experience much change in switching to solid mounts, but you feel t is too much? Just asking for a little more clarification, not doubting. Though I have already gone to firmer motor and transmission mounts.

Do you feel the ST coilovers are a competitor to the B12 kit? I really don't know which way to go with the strut/spring setups.

Last, any links as to where I should look LSD-wise?

Thanks again for all your help!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by weehe126 View Post
Solid subframe bushings do not add any NVH. There is no reason not to get at least solid poly. Solid aluminum can be difficult to install.
I do not have solid aluminum subframe bushings personally, so I cannot speak from experience, but I have heard from a couple of people who have installed them that they did notice some harshness when combined with an already stiff suspension setup.

The ST coilovers are nice, but they're going to be a bit stiffer than the B12 kit. That being said you can find them for around the same price and you also get the added height adjustability. I like them, but its apparent that they're entry level coilovers.

In regards to a LSD I have heard good things about Mfactory and they have a core system where you can pick an choose how you would like to buy everything.
MHD Stage 2+, VRSF Downpipe, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Intake, BMS Chargepipe, Performance Exhaust Mod, F10 550i Clutch, BMS CDV, BMW Performance SSK, M3 Control Arms, ST Coilovers, Apex ARC-8 wheels, Michelin PS4S
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 12:08 PM   #8
weehe126
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

You will get extra vibes from solid diff, trans and engine mounts. You get nothing from solid subframe mounts. Those people probably didn't realize you will feel more bumps with stiff suspension
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 08:15 AM   #9
joeybutts
Private First Class
Rep

So, due to an unfortunate incident, I am now forced to do my suspension and need to order parts tonight. Can someone check my list and make sure I'm not missing anything? I was gonna go with the ECS level 3 but want upgraded bushings in the rear end so have pieced it together.

BMW 11piece M3 control arm kit
L/R Tie rods
L/R Sway bar links
Rear sway bar links
Monroe Top shock mount kit
Rear trailing arms (necessary to replace?)
Rear trailing arm bushings
Powerflex Black subframe bushings
(Should I replace diff bushings?)

COILOVERS -
spirited daily driver....can't decide....
TC Kline single?
KW V1 or SC?
ST XTA?

Excited to get this all done and also about to load my new BEF flash from Trebila....need this done first though......

Let me know if I'm missing anything or am overshooting needs.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 11:16 AM   #10
teflon_jones
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 335Xi 6 speed

Where are your brake upgrades? You haven't touched them and they're incredibly important to upgrade on any modified car.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 12:03 PM   #11
joeybutts
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
Where are your brake upgrades? You haven't touched them and they're incredibly important to upgrade on any modified car.
Brakes are in excellent condition and work wonderfully..... this isn't a tracked vehicle and I am only a medic firefighter so have to do this in parts. Brakes and wheels will follow eventually. Performance is done, suspension is now, brakes and wheels next and I'm done.

Unless I decide to LSD......
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 07:00 AM   #12
joeybutts
Private First Class
Rep

Pulled the trigger, m3 11-piece, Black series subframe bushings, purple diff bushings, tckline single adjustables 350/600 and camber plates and all the other basic items on there. Already have a Hotchkis 32mm front bar.

I forgot and hopefully someone can lead me, last thing I thought of was should I install m3 strut brace? I’ve heard it’s worth it but don’t know which part and thought I heard you need to modify something.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 09:30 AM   #13
joeybutts
Private First Class
Rep

bump bump
Appreciate 0