E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Noticing N55 Timing Corrections

06-01-2022, 04:53 PM   #1
YuvinW
Rep
Drives: E70 x35i

Noticing N55 Timing Corrections

I've recently had an issue where I was driving and had a check engine light. It ran fine in higher rpm (>2k) but when I came to a stop light, the engine was misfiring and stalled.

When I tried to turn it on again it cranked but didn't fire. I locked the car and unlocked it, then it started up fine and ran normally. The codes I had were:

2C58
2D55
2D5A
+ misfires on all cylinders.

I cleaned out the connectors on both vanos solenoids as well as the boost solenoid. Error hasn't come back since.

However, when I look at my log from normal driving (not pulls), I'm noticing numerous timing corrections across most of the cylinders: https://datazap.me/u/yuvin/log-16541...48-49-50-51-52

Any idea what could be causing this? I have new vanos solenoids coming in, put in new Eldor ignition coils a few months ago and my spark plugs are OEM BMW ones I put in around 10k ago.

Car itself is completely stock other than a PPK tune that was installed a few years ago. Car has 192k mi.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 02:38 AM   #2
flapeo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i x drive

Timing corrections are normal when just daily driving around like ms daisey. It's under full throttle that timing corrections are more of a big deal. Do a WOT log and post it.
Appreciate 0