E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coding a new CAS with Protool

11-09-2022, 03:00 PM   #1
rich_mane
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i

Coding a new CAS with Protool

Hello all,

I recently had my CAS fail which led to an intermittent crank and annoying clicking in the fuse box behind the glovebox, along with multiple faults stored for it. So I ordered a new CAS from the dealer to match my VIN.

So before installing it, I backed up my original CAS VO with Protool, then installed the new CAS, copied over the saved VO and default coded it. After doing so, the car cranks strong but won't fire. Stored hard code on the DME is 32E2 - EWS tampering implausible, and 32EB comes after trying to start the car. Through Protool, in the CAS functions menu, there are options for resetting the ELV, resetting the CAS, or syncing DME+CAS, however none of those functions work for me and just throw an error anytime I try to do it.

Question is, can Protool address this and fix this immobilizer issue and I'm just missing something? Or am I gonna need to get my laptop out with ISTA/INPA/NCSExpert to get it right?

Thanks y'all
Appreciate 0