E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Power Supply System Recall...My Car Isn't Covered

03-29-2015, 08:56 AM   #1
mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [0.00]
Power Supply System Recall...My Car Isn't Covered

I was two hours from home last week, when I came out of a client's office to find that my car wouldn't start. Assumed dead battery, but quickly realized the battery had a charge, so obviously there was a break in supply somewhere.

I made a call to my local tech, Henry at Blagois in Columbus, Ohio, and he said it sounds like a recall he has seen once or twice, where the main supply cable has a bad connection behind the glove box, behind the fuse panel, at a junction box.

I was able to pull the carpet back and squeeze my hand up there and jiggle the cable a bit, and boom, power returned. At Henry's suggestion, I called the dealership and asked about the recell. Yes, it exists, campaign no. 13V-044, but no, my vehicle is not covered under this campaign, according to a VIN search.

Soooooo, my VIN is not one of the vehicles effected by this recall, but obviously is one of the vehicle's effected by this fault. I'd rather not pay to have this issue remedied when BMW has acknowledged its existence and accepted responsibility.

Do I have a course of action I should follow? The dealership is basically saying sorry, nothing we can do.
Appreciate 0