E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > 2005 E90 320D - BST Popped when not in accident, will it happen to a replacement

03-24-2015, 11:21 AM   #1
soton
Rep
Drives: e90 320d 2005

2005 E90 320D - BST Popped when not in accident, will it happen to a replacement

Hey,

Changed the starter motor on my 2005 e90 320d and the day after the BST popped causing the air bag light and the battery to eventually die.

I pushed back in the connector and it jumped + charged fine but the air bag light is on and I have my MOT due tomorrow.

I bought a second hand lead including the pyro bit and aim to fit it this evening.

My worry is that it will go again? Could there be another issue that caused it to pop? I did have to disconnect the battery for the starter motor, and will have to again to change this lead.

I just need this MOT then can worry about any underlying issues later but for now disconnecting battery, changing this lead and then connecting up again whats the chances of it blowing another one?
Appreciate 0