E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > id4motion cluster?

05-28-2022, 12:45 AM   #1
yonversace
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i sedan (dior)

id4motion cluster?

So i’ve been thinking about some mods to spice my car up since it’s got boring and I was wondering if anybody installed the ID4motion cluster in their e90? Drop pics if you have and tell me the cons and the pros and if it was worth it to you in the end. My biggest issue I don’t like is people complain about battery drainage. And do you lose the BMW chime when you install it?
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2022, 07:09 PM   #2
Rickygst
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

id4 motion cluster

I did buy it. You will lose the chime, but ID4 cluster have a speaker which give you a chime but low volume. But I knew that going into the purchase. I like it. I bought the standard module with the race skins. I'm still on the fence on if it is worth it. Don't get me wrong, very nice unit and makes the car more up to date.

I'm not seeing battery drain but do notice a few strange things. I don't hear my fuel pump priming any more but not sure if that is the cluster. I would need to reinstall the old cluster to test it. Also my idrive buttons lights blanks when I open the door and do not stay on until the car goes to sleep.
Appreciate 0