E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Help, fuel line e-torx

09-17-2020, 01:19 AM   #1
kurr
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW N54 E92

Help, fuel line e-torx

Hi, new member and first time bmw owner here. Was gifted a 2007 335i E92. N54 HPFP was bad, so I went ahead and did the replacing myself, but I seemed to have come across an issue. Once everything was said and done, when I tried to putt everything back together, it all went smoothly except for one bolt. The e-torx bolt that holds the fuel line (the one with the low pressure fuel sensor) did not want to thread back in. When I was removing it, I noticed that it looked a little like it was corroded, but I'm not too sure.

When I try to screw the bolt back in, it just turns and the threads to not catch. When I inspected the threads, it seems to be grinding down due to the force I apply on it as I try to screw it in, which is not much. If I can't get this exact bolt back in, I was wondering if I could get the exact measurements of the bolt so I can order a new one. I don't feel entirely safe with the fuel line not secured down, and it is screwed into the pump. I don't want anything to happen just after replacing this expensive part.

Last edited by kurr; 09-17-2020 at 01:44 AM..
Appreciate 0