E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Help Coding a 2006 330i

Yesterday, 06:37 PM   #1
E30M CW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 335Xi

Help Coding a 2006 330i

Hi All,

I've been trying to do some coding on my 2006 330i (May 2005 build date), and I'm having trouble getting started. I'm hoping someone can help point out where I'm going wrong.

I found and installed a copy of some BMW tools. Included in the package was INPA, NCS Expert and NCS Dummy, and I installed the tools on both an old Windows XP computer I had and on another computer running Windows 7.

I watched some of the videos about coding with NCS Expert, and I purchased a K+DCAN cable that was linked in one of them. It has a 4 position switch to bridge pins 7 and 8, and lights up when connected to the car. I downloaded the 32-bit and 64-bit drivers for the cable, and installed the appropriate driver for both the Windows XP and Windows 7 computer. On both computers, I changed the COM port for the cable to COM1, and set the latency to 1 ms. Both computer indicate that the cable is working correctly.

Before beginning coding, I did some testing with INPA, and on both computers INPA detects that the cable is connected, and recognizes when I turn on and off the ignition. Everything looked good, so I tried to start coding.

I downloaded a number of NCS Expert profiles, and installed a few of them. I started NCS Expert, and loaded a few different profiles including the Revtor's NCS Expert Profile that the video I watched used. I then selected the E89 chassis as I understood that it was the one used to code an E90 like mine. I then selected Choose ECU, and there were 7 possible choices:

KMBI_PL2.C05
KMBI_PL2.C06
KMBI_PL2.C07
KMBI_PL2.C08
KMBI_PL2.C09
TCU_MOST.C05
TCU_MOST.C07

I've loaded each one and tried to read the code using the CODIERDATEN_LESEN function with both the Windows XP and Windows 7 computers, and each time NCS Expert reported an error and no data was loaded.

I re-watched the coding video, and it mentioned that a problem reading the code might occur if Pins 7 and 8 on the K+DCAN cable weren't bridged properly. I then used NCS Expert on my Windows 7 computer to load each ECU and tried all 4 switch positions on the cable (28 combinations in total) with each one and every time there's an error and no data is loaded.

Where am I messing up?
Appreciate 0