E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > IBS Dead? Something else possible? Weird behavior with my car.

03-30-2016, 05:07 PM   #1
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
IBS Dead? Something else possible? Weird behavior with my car.

I put a new battery in the car two weeks ago and haven't driven it much. The exact same size and cranking amps. The dealer gave me bad information and told me I didn't have to register it as it was the same battery so I never registered it. The car started making a buzzing sound whenever I turn the car off but don't lock the doors. I have to open and then re-close the door for the buzzing sound to go away. The light started flickering Yesterday when I tried to start the car and all the lights inside the car then dimmed and the car was dead it would not start. After letting the car set for only 15 minutes at fired back up, the indicator on the battery is green. Then the angel eyes & tail lights would not turn off with the engine running. With the key out of the ignition I could turn the angel eyes off and on no problem.

Now today the car started no problem and the taillights and the angel eyes are working normally.

I took it to the dealer and they couldn't access the dme but could access the rest of the cars modules so I set it to map 4 with can active and they then could access the dme but none of the other modules. Come to find out its map 0 to have dealer access. Anyway. They said that the ibs sensor has CAN signal but it's not responding and at 82k miles on the car they are usually replaced due to being faulty Around this time. The battery is still not registered.

they said they can't access the ibs and that is why they believe it is faulty and I am wondering if map 0 is the only way to access it or if it's actually blown. If so I would love to do it myself and save $150. Issue is, can I safely drive 220 miles home?

They want to replace the IBS sensor but I don't want to spend that kind of money just yet until I know for sure what you think might be going on.

So here is the parts I was looking at:

61129123571 - adapter lead
12517615476 - adapter
61127616200 - ibs cable

Here is a video of the sound it was making.

http://vid1344.photobucket.com/album...pssoabkkhu.mp4

JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" M359 Wheels | DWS Tires
Appreciate 0