E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > '08 328i E90 Rough Idle, Vibrating & Shaking

11-09-2022, 02:30 PM   #89
vilord
Major
Rep
Drives: E91, Tundra, TT, SV650

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Souljah View Post
I have a 2007 328i doing the same thing.. motor mounts were checked .. new plugs .. new coils .. new camshaft postion sensor .. still no progress .. no check engine light on either .. I’m thinking maybe fuel injection or something of that sort .. when I slow to brake at times the car just shuts off .. always starts back up so far
That sounds like a vacuum leak to me... my ex's 2004 330ci had that shutting off when coming to a stop thing and it was vacuum leaks.
      12-02-2022, 01:33 PM   #90
2blackbimma
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw 335i, 2008 Bmw 328i

Wassup everybody I'm on here because my 2008 328i e90 with 178k miles recently just started shaking super rough to where I cannot drive the car. The only codes I've gotten are cyl 4,5,6 misfires but I checked coils and plugs and they look better than my bank 1 cylinders. I got the coils and plugs done by bmw at about 148k, I believe a year ago. Has anyone else had this same problem and it not be coils and plugs? Asking because I've had multiple cylinder misfires before on this car and i swapped them and it was it but it did not feel no where near as bad it feels now that's why I feel like it may be something else, any help is appreciated. Thank you !!

Vid url: https://youtube.com/shorts/W8KoCSkUrg4?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 09:54 PM   #91
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blackbimma View Post
Wassup everybody I'm on here because my 2008 328i e90 with 178k miles recently just started shaking super rough to where I cannot drive the car. The only codes I've gotten are cyl 4,5,6 misfires but I checked coils and plugs and they look better than my bank 1 cylinders. I got the coils and plugs done by bmw at about 148k, I believe a year ago. Has anyone else had this same problem and it not be coils and plugs? Asking because I've had multiple cylinder misfires before on this car and i swapped them and it was it but it did not feel no where near as bad it feels now that's why I feel like it may be something else, any help is appreciated. Thank you !!

Vid url: https://youtube.com/shorts/W8KoCSkUrg4?feature=share
If you can, check up stream O2 readings. All three of those cylinders share a manifold and that’s where I’d start
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 11:26 AM   #92
2blackbimma
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw 335i, 2008 Bmw 328i

Okay so I wasn’t able to check the upstream o2 readings but I ended up just getting whole new set of Bosch coils and plugs off fcpeuro. I swapped them and now the car will start but still get rough idle with cyl 5 and 6 misfire. Rough idle no where near as bad as it was before. I haven’t drove the car yet but now it feels as if it will actually run unlike before. If the problem was a maf sensor, eccentric shaft seal, or valvetronic motor gasket would there be any codes correlating to that because only codes I get is misfire in cyl 5 and 6 codes. Thanks for the help anyway
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 07:54 AM   #93
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
If you can, check up stream O2 readings. All three of those cylinders share a manifold and that’s where I’d start
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blackbimma View Post
Okay so I wasn’t able to check the upstream o2 readings but I ended up just getting whole new set of Bosch coils and plugs off fcpeuro. I swapped them and now the car will start but still get rough idle with cyl 5 and 6 misfire. Rough idle no where near as bad as it was before. I haven’t drove the car yet but now it feels as if it will actually run unlike before. If the problem was a maf sensor, eccentric shaft seal, or valvetronic motor gasket would there be any codes correlating to that because only codes I get is misfire in cyl 5 and 6 codes. Thanks for the help anyway
To rule out MAF, simply unplug it and start the car. It should run smoother if the MAF is failing (DME will set default MAF values).

Most likely your Injectors, try swapping 1 & 2 with 5 & 6.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2023, 07:04 PM   #94
conraja
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i BMW

Garage List
Same rough idol

I've had this same problem with my 2007 328i e90 for awhile now, no misfire, have replaced all ignition coil packs and plugs. When sitting at idol rpm needle jumps a little bit. Coolent temp is at 110c. It's always bugged me since I've gotten the car. Anyone have any ideas?
Appreciate 0