E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > DWR Tranny Tune

11-02-2017, 11:19 PM   #45
DWR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucson335d View Post
I have been running stage 2 xhp but i am looking to this but it's just a street car with no power mods.
A wide range of performance levels have been using this tune. I don't have a "no power mods" vehicle, and not going to toot my own horn, so maybe others can chime in with feedback.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2017, 11:31 PM   #46
Asonchadwick
Sleepy
Rep
Drives: bmw

I was interested in a ultrasonic wmi setup in a draw through turbo arrangement
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2017, 11:20 AM   #47
lnxguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWR View Post
I'm not sure what "when required" means. I have met some specific custom requests. But, I am trying to stay away from that. There is something special in the works. I won't release it until xHP is ready with an encryption module/app. Hopefully, that won't be long.

Trying to focus whatever spare time I have on a better WMI system. Right now I have a prototype 3 stage 800 psi pumpless system with semi-closed loop control. Up to this point, I have been cobbling together off the shelf items. Cannot get around the fact that I will have to build some custom circuitry to get where I want to be. Let me just say that 800 psi makes for darn fine atomization. Not sure if anyone else is interested in such rarified stuff, but it entertains me.
I was thinking something along the lines of 'Holy shit, this change is awesome, everyone with my tune really needs it'

Looking forward to your WMI setup as well. There has to be better solutions then what's currently available.
      11-03-2017, 09:38 PM   #48
DWR
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucson335d View Post
I was interested in a ultrasonic wmi setup in a draw through turbo arrangement
Hard to get much volume with ultrasonics.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2017, 03:59 AM   #49
Asonchadwick
Sleepy
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Hard to get much volume with ultrasonics.
I have seen some YouTube vids with guys running engines off ultrasonics lol. I am thinking the pre turbo draw through with ultrasonics check the results. Main problem is no room for the unit. Well back to my propane project.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2017, 05:11 PM   #50
vladmury
First Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 325d E90 LCI M-sport

Quote:
I am so pleased that many of you are enjoying the TCU tune.

However, some folks are not living up to commitments, causing me to do work and then not doing their part. Therefore, the process can no longer be on an honor system.

The NEW process works like this:
1) PM me to exchange private email addresses (cost info also). I also understand that the contact email is on Facebook.
2) A PayPal request is sent to your email.
3) After payment, send a copy of your xhp.state file to the contact email.
4) A custom tune is created for your vehicle.
5) File goes to xHP for encryption.
6) Once encrypted and returned, file is sent to your email.
7) Place file into xHP custom folder. Refer to xHP manual for installation.
8) Enjoy!
I have stage 2 v 1.3 on my 325d , while it eliminated the annoying torque converter lockup delay I feel the map is shifting gears to early at part and close to full throtle in D mode. Instead of letting the engine rev it shifts to early in the next gear in the middle of the acceleration, I dont like that. The original map was better at such accelerations in part throtle. Also the shit down was removed at part throtle which means the engine tries to accelerate from 1400 rpm in 5 th instead of changing one gear down.

Can something be done to my map?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2017, 08:14 PM   #51
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmury View Post
I have stage 2 v 1.3 on my 325d , while it eliminated the annoying torque converter lockup delay I feel the map is shifting gears to early at part and close to full throtle in D mode. Instead of letting the engine rev it shifts to early in the next gear in the middle of the acceleration, I dont like that. The original map was better at such accelerations in part throtle. Also the shit down was removed at part throtle which means the engine tries to accelerate from 1400 rpm in 5 th instead of changing one gear down.

Can something be done to my map?
Yes, get DWR's tune
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 05:19 AM   #52
DWR
Banned
Rep

I recently have had requests for tunes from folks that do not have the xHP app.
Just to be clear, the DWR TCU tune is specifically made to be flashed with xHP.
However, you do not need to purchase an xHP tune in order to flash the DWR tune. Sorry if that was not made clear.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 03:49 AM   #53
bsmotorsport
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 335d

Has anyone tried the dwr tune and also xhp stage 2 or 3.? Wanting to give either ago on my remapped 335d (no dpf) and really not sure which one to try
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 06:59 AM   #54
335dsleeper
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09' 335d 10'35D

^ yes, I’ve ran both the stage 3 and DWR’s custom tune. The DWR tune is still in my car! No comparison, just buy it, flash and enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 02:47 PM   #55
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

DWR, recently Clemens has stated that your tune leaves D mode completely stock. I certainly feel a difference from stock on my 335D, could you share any details if possible? Still loving this tune profile!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 03:22 PM   #56
335stoner
BRR tuned
Rep
Drives: 335D black

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanb2b View Post
DWR, recently Clemens has stated that your tune leaves D mode completely stock. I certainly feel a difference from stock on my 335D, could you share any details if possible? Still loving this tune profile!
I would also like to know and how much is was changed from stock in drive mode. I paid for a custom tune from xHP and have no intentions of changing.

my drive mode is pretty modified allowing the car to shift into 6th gear at 43mph along with a few other changes that fit my driving needs The sport mode is what xhp offers for the stage 3. I heard that the V2.0 is a pretty nice update.. I going to update my maps today and see how i like the changes.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 04:08 PM   #57
lnxguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335stoner View Post
I would also like to know and how much is was changed from stock in drive mode. I paid for a custom tune from xHP and have no intentions of changing.

my drive mode is pretty modified allowing the car to shift into 6th gear at 43mph along with a few other changes that fit my driving needs The sport mode is what xhp offers for the stage 3. I heard that the V2.0 is a pretty nice update.. I going to update my maps today and see how i like the changes.
Stupid question, but why are you in this thread again if you have no plans on changing your tranny tune? When I ran xhp stage 3 the short shifting in D made the car feel like garbage. I really didn't like the fact that I had to move over to 'S' in order to have any sort of fun. Not to mention the rev matching in 'M' (Which was a joke, lol). Hard shifts as well.
      12-04-2017, 06:21 PM   #58
DWR
Banned
Rep

Quote:
It would be unfortunate if Clemens would make a statement like that. I have not seen the statement. As you note, the difference is quite noticeable. I am not going to go into the difference because it is part of my method, that is different from others.

Conversely, you will only hear praise from me about xHP making trans tuning accessible to many folks. I'll take the high road, thank you.

Last edited by DWR; 12-04-2017 at 06:28 PM..
Appreciate 4
TDIwyse611.50
fsd35054.50
dmanb2b2121.50
      12-04-2017, 07:51 PM   #59
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
It would be unfortunate if Clemens would make a statement like that. I have not seen the statement. As you note, the difference is quite noticeable. I am not going to go into the difference because it is part of my method, that is different from others.

Conversely, you will only hear praise from me about xHP making trans tuning accessible to many folks. I'll take the high road, thank you.
I would expect nothing less from you good sir Thank you for the confirmation. IMHO, he probably got tired of the praise your tune is getting on the Facebook group. Just my opinion and certainly wasn't try to start anything. I'll pm you if I can find the post..unfortunately for Facebook that's one area where e90post is still great...search function
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2017, 05:09 AM   #60
DWR
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I would expect nothing less from you good sir Thank you for the confirmation. IMHO, he probably got tired of the praise your tune is getting on the Facebook group. Just my opinion and certainly wasn't try to start anything. I'll pm you if I can find the post..unfortunately for Facebook that's one area where e90post is still great...search function
No need to send the PM. Whether it was said or not is of little interest to me.

However, I do want to address a couple of things. First, Clemens has been very kind to encrypt my tunes. I have asked for the ability to do my own encryption. He has agreed, but it continues to be delayed due to other priorities. I can flash tunes without xHP. However, I have no intention of making that public, thereby violating a trust and interfering with the xHP business.

I could certainly devote more time developing the trans tunes, but until that work can be protected and independent, not going to happen. There are a couple of things that won't go into "production" because of the current situation. In addition, I have been asked by retailers if they can market my tunes. That is nearly impossible without violating a trust or jeopardizing intellectual property. By taking the high road, my hands get a little bit tied.

The tunes could be made public, but honestly the revenue now provides a means to fund development work in other areas of interest (like self tuning AFR targeted water/methanol injection). Hopefully, that will also benefit this community. Besides, making it public could negatively impact the xHP business.

Why do I continue to support xHP? Because I believe there is a greater good providing a service for those folks who neither have the time and/or capabilities to do these things themselves. Because Clemens has been determined to get this to as many people as possible at a very reasonable price point. Conversely, all of the information needed to start creating your own custom tunes has been provide by myself and others (yes, it does take some effort). Anyone can do it right now with the xHP app, license and the Tuner Pro XDF. Not to mention 1st gen Trans/TCU RSAs have been cracked and are being flashed without xHP.

Not trying to complete with xHP, just providing a service that the community at large asked for (in rare cases I have provided special tunes to select individuals). If you would like to see xHP provide the tools for 3rd party developers, as they have promised, please contact them and express your opinion.

Last edited by DWR; 12-05-2017 at 05:33 AM..
Appreciate 3
      12-05-2017, 06:35 AM   #61
335stoner
BRR tuned
Rep
Drives: 335D black

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnxguy View Post
Stupid question, but why are you in this thread again if you have no plans on changing your tranny tune? When I ran xhp stage 3 the short shifting in D made the car feel like garbage. I really didn't like the fact that I had to move over to 'S' in order to have any sort of fun. Not to mention the rev matching in 'M' (Which was a joke, lol). Hard shifts as well.
I'm sorry I like to read threads and ask questions about a few thing out of curiosity. I didn't know I had to plan to buy to ask

Am I bashing the DWR tune? No
Am I saying that the xHP tune is better? No

What's the problem? There isn't one

Stupid question why was this stupid question asked? (I'm not expecting a real answer) You are the one bashing a tune, not me. Both of these tunes are better than stock and I think we could probably both agree that the stock tune is the real "garbage tune" when it comes to performance minded driving. I mean that is why we changed right?

I happened to pay a premium price for a tune which was more than the DWR tune and the stage three combined. I would like to what I missed out on (if I did). The reason why I don't plan to change is due to the amount of money I already spent.

I also saw the post about no changes being made to drive mode. which had me wondering why people were paying for a sports mode change only? For what it is worth xHP version 2.0 was a really nice update for sports mode. don't read too much into that I only said it was a nice update.

Just so you know you didn't and are not running me out of this thread if I have another "stupid" question ill ask.

maybe someone else wants to know
Appreciate 1
Torqu3319.00
      12-05-2017, 08:33 AM   #62
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
If you would like to see xHP provide the tools for 3rd party developers, as they have promised, please contact them and express your opinion.
DWR, thank you for the thorough reply and insight. We appreciate what you have done and continue to do for this community.

I will bow out of this conversation as I received the info I was looking for. D mode is not stock.

Best,

D
Appreciate 1
335stoner220.00
      12-05-2017, 12:29 PM   #63
lnxguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Stupid question why was this stupid question asked? (I'm not expecting a real answer) You are the one bashing a tune, not me. Both of these tunes are better than stock and I think we could probably both agree that the stock tune is the real "garbage tune" when it comes to performance minded driving. I mean that is why we changed right?
I'll have to disagree with you on that. D mode in the previous ver of xHP stg3 was garbage. My explaination for that is above.

Quote:
I happened to pay a premium price for a tune which was more than the DWR tune and the stage three combined. I would like to what I missed out on (if I did). The reason why I don't plan to change is due to the amount of money I already spent.
Makes perfect sense, easy to spend $$$ on these cars.

Quote:
I also saw the post about no changes being made to drive mode. which had me wondering why people were paying for a sports mode change only? For what it is worth xHP version 2.0 was a really nice update for sports mode. don't read too much into that I only said it was a nice update.
As DWR explained, D definitely isn't stock. Perhaps he knows something the folks at xHP don't

Quote:
Just so you know you didn't and are not running me out of this thread if I have another "stupid" question ill ask.
I'm not trying to run you out of this thread, just was curious as to what you were trying to get at
      12-10-2017, 03:10 PM   #64
bsmotorsport
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 335d

Just thinking about this today whilst installing xhp. Do the gearbox adaptations still have any influence on things when we go the reflash route? Does the car adapt the new software or is it no longer integrated?
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2018, 04:34 PM   #65
MasterC17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

I'm running DWR's tune on my X5 35d and am very happy with it.

Just wanted to say thank you!
      03-07-2018, 04:43 PM   #66
xmasss
Registered
Rep
Drives: E61 535d

Quote:
I am so pleased that many of you are enjoying the TCU tune.

However, some folks are not living up to commitments, causing me to do work and then not doing their part. Therefore, the process can no longer be on an honor system.

The NEW process works like this:
1) PM me to exchange private email addresses (cost info also). I also understand that the contact email is on Facebook.
2) A PayPal request is sent to your email.
3) After payment, send a copy of your xhp.state file to the contact email.
4) A custom tune is created for your vehicle.
5) File goes to xHP for encryption.
6) Once encrypted and returned, file is sent to your email.
7) Place file into xHP custom folder. Refer to xHP manual for installation.
8) Enjoy!

P.S. you must purchase the xHP app before starting the above process.
Hey, DWR,

Could you also do a TCU tune for an E61 535d?
Appreciate 0