E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > MHD has a burble update for us N54 people as of this morning.

04-02-2020, 05:55 AM   #23
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moisture View Post
Does anyone on here understand what the burbling sound actually is? it's basically unburnt fuel being shoved down your exhaust system. It's obviously NOT a good thing, or something you want, even if it does sound "cool" (It doesn't)

lets be responsible guys.
Lots of performance type cars do it right out of the factory. My mini Cooper pops and burbles all the time....on a factory tune. It's not going to hurt anything.

I like the sound....as long as it's pretty mild and burbly. I don't like the crazy loud pops and bangs.....those loud shotgun blasts probably aren't good for the turbos or anything else. But....to each their own.

Last edited by iqraceworks; 04-02-2020 at 07:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 07:28 AM   #24
type-dRew
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted12a View Post
If you could set the burbles for only sport/manual mode on the auto, that would be cool
you can, thats the adjustment in the settings

when i have it turned on with my car its only set for sport and manual mode, drive is off
New setup; Covid 19Ts on RFP 93 + ARM inlets, dp, VTT cp and PSP outlets
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 12:58 PM   #25
raptorman5174
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnutts View Post
Personally can't stand the gun shot crackling, but a little rumble is nice on the low settings.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 01:41 PM   #26
dcorn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnutts View Post
Personally can't stand the gun shot crackling, but a little rumble is nice on the low settings.
Please tell all the douchebags with Hondas that live down the street from me.

Burble tunes and gunshot tunes can all die in a fire.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 09:49 PM   #27
Godzilx
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpnwss View Post
Can you have burbles in park/neutral but not in Drive?
Don't really need more burbles driving around but I want to be able to hear it in park.
You can set it up to have no burbles when in drive, but have burbles when in sport mode and neautral/park. That's how I have mine set up.
If I wanted burbles only in park can I set the sport mode to 0s and the car will behave as if the burbles aren't on? My car gets super hot when I run burbles so I'd rather just have it on when I want to rev it
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 10:21 PM   #28
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilx View Post
If I wanted burbles only in park can I set the sport mode to 0s and the car will behave as if the burbles aren't on? My car gets super hot when I run burbles so I'd rather just have it on when I want to rev it
Yes....pretty sure you can set the duration to 0s and still get burble in neutral.

Why would your car run super hot with the burble activated? Doesn't make any sense.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 10:28 PM   #29
Godzilx
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes....pretty sure you can set the duration to 0s and still get burble in neutral.

Why would your car run super hot with the burble activated? Doesn't make any sense.
My car is an 07 and doesn't have an oil cooler and also I'm assuming since it's pumping unburnt fuel into the exhaust manifold to explode it might aid in heating things up. Car doesn't feel right with hard burbles on either. Drone gets a lot worse (I have cutouts)
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 05:56 AM   #30
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
My car is an 07 and doesn't have an oil cooler and also I'm assuming since it's pumping unburnt fuel into the exhaust manifold to explode it might aid in heating things up. Car doesn't feel right with hard burbles on either. Drone gets a lot worse (I have cutouts)
Mines an 07, no oil code either. I don't have any issues at all. How long do you have the duration set for? I have it on the agressive setting...0.0s during in drive, 0.5s in sport. In sport mode I might get just a little mild pop or two...and that's it. I used to have the duration on 1.5s...and it was annoying. Still not sure why it would make the motor run hot......if anything it might cool the cylinders down since it's dumping all that fuel into them (rich).
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 12:43 PM   #31
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted12a View Post
If you could set the burbles for only sport/manual mode on the auto, that would be cool
You can.

I have burbles disabled in non-sport and burbles set to 0.5s (hard) in sport mode.

Even with burbles disabled, there is a SLIGHT pop on decel. I am assuming its just the stock tune. I'm sure its harder to hear if you have cats or secondary cats. My car is straight pipe.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 12:08 PM   #32
Godzilx
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Mines an 07, no oil code either. I don't have any issues at all. How long do you have the duration set for? I have it on the agressive setting...0.0s during in drive, 0.5s in sport. In sport mode I might get just a little mild pop or two...and that's it. I used to have the duration on 1.5s...and it was annoying. Still not sure why it would make the motor run hot......if anything it might cool the cylinders down since it's dumping all that fuel into them (rich).
I have it on 0 for d and 0.1 for m and I consistently hit 255. Installing oil cooler soon which will hopefully fix problem
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 12:21 PM   #33
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I have it on 0 for d and 0.1 for m and I consistently hit 255. Installing oil cooler soon which will hopefully fix problem
Still trying to figure out how injecting a little extra fuel into the engine when it's under zero load would ever significantly increase your oil temp. Doesn't make sense at all.

I have no oil cooler....i haven't notice any difference in temp with or without burble tune.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 12:48 PM   #34
nicky dj
Chelsea Football Club
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Why don't you use the MHD Coolant target flash? At least for the time being keep it on sport coolant mode.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 12:50 PM   #35
Godzilx
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky dj View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Why don't you use the MHD Coolant target flash? At least for the time being keep it on sport coolant mode.
Didn't see that was even an option. Thank you I'll try it out and report back later
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 04:27 AM   #36
digitalashley
Registered
Rep
Drives: E82 135i, e36 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarAbuser View Post
This has been around for months if you use a custom tune, I posted the XDF tables for it.

There's a different fuel cut delay based on a speed threshold, if anyone on a custom tune wants to use it I can post the directions.
id be keen on the direction for doing myself via custom map.
and the XDF you refer to also if you didnt mind
Appreciate 0