E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Cheap and easy 1b file from CIC

12-17-2019, 01:28 AM   #309
neo11
Rep
Drives: BMW 318D E90 2011

but ive got a cic !!!

just my gps business have a motion version gps.

i dont understand your response.

you say only others versions of cards works, but no way with motion gps version ?

if right, i can change it for another version ?

Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 09:39 AM   #310
opjose
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo11 View Post
but ive got a cic !!!

just my gps business have a motion version gps.

i dont understand your response.

you say only others versions of cards works, but no way with motion gps version ?

if right, i can change it for another version ?

Thanks for your help.
The script does not work for "Motion" systems.

And no you cannot change it.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 12:54 AM   #311
neo11
Rep
Drives: BMW 318D E90 2011

Merci de votre réponse claire.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 06:40 AM   #312
tediee
Registered
Rep
Drives: e87 118d

Dear all.

Would please someone help me with generating 1B file from generalPersistencyData_DiagnosticSWTController.

I tried by myself and always got RSA incorrect Header /footer error in FCS generator. :/

Thanking you in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: zip generalPersistencyData_DiagnosticSWTController.zip (2.5 KB, 112 views)
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 08:09 AM   #313
bcoz
spectator
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330d Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tediee View Post
Would please someone help me with generating 1B file from generalPersistencyData_DiagnosticSWTController.
I followed steps 8 to 12 in the OP: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...28&postcount=1
but the 1b.hex file was 321 bytes in size (2 extra bytes).

So I also followed step 11a in the OP and deleted the only two instances of hex "0D" to get 319 bytes.
According to the notes in step 11a, "normal files have only one instance of "0D" near the end". However, your new 1b.hex file has no more instances of "0D", so it may not work.

Give it a try (VIN is P285926).
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1b.hex.zip (429 Bytes, 106 views)

Last edited by bcoz; 12-28-2019 at 08:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 02:44 AM   #314
tediee
Registered
Rep
Drives: e87 118d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoz View Post
I followed steps 8 to 12 in the OP: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...28&postcount=1
but the 1b.hex file was 321 bytes in size (2 extra bytes).

So I also followed step 11a in the OP and deleted the only two instances of hex "0D" to get 319 bytes.
According to the notes in step 11a, "normal files have only one instance of "0D" near the end". However, your new 1b.hex file has no more instances of "0D", so it may not work.

Give it a try (VIN is P285926).
Thank you! It worked.
Appreciate 1
bcoz80.50
      02-05-2020, 10:13 AM   #315
NewBimmer2020
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D Touring

Pls help getting the 1b file or .hex, if there's someone who can help me properly

Hi to everybody here

First of all I would like to say thanks for the huge community here who is always dispose to help others, cause humanity and team work is what we need to survive in this world.

well, let's do this, I am a new member cause I just registered now, but I have been reading many posts here about how to generate the FSC CODE as well as in other forums, sites etc. and after a couple of months not being successful, I then decided to ask for help regarding that I were not smart enough to find out the way by myself.
I HAVE FOLLOWED MANY TURORIALS AND TRIED SEVERAL DIFFERENT SOFTWARES, but there's no way to even connect my car to the CIC.
I would like to also give my opinion about those people who seems to wish to help and show that they really know about everything, but even when there's many that they really know about whatever is exposed in the post, they don't really know how to express what they want to communicate, so please if you do not fully understand what you are talking about, please keep quiet and do not confuse other readers, for those who really know how to do things and really want to help my advise is to please be patient and understand the level of if ignorance from other users, sometimes is quite high which is my case for example, this post is quite old, but I can see is still active and for example I can see a recent post from OPJOSE which reply saying that the script doesn't work for Motion, cause is for CIC...., even me that I am quite ignorant on this matter, I already understood that CIC is the unit from a Navigator, such as CCC, NBT etc., and Motion is just the version of the map which the other User already said is in his BUSSINESS navigator, so , why to confuse him?, politely I would say to you, pls just shut up, cause it doesn't help to talk about whatever we do not fully understand, it seems like is that what you are doing...
So having said all this, I will just say that I will appreciate a lot if you could please help me to get the 1b or .hex file, I don't care which one as soon as the file works in order to get the FSC.
My message is mainly for Vespa who seems to understand a lot about this thread, but I will be quite grateful if someone elese can give me some lights here so I can finally update my Navigator.
Here is my situation :

I got an ENET cable, cause as Vespa wrote post #1 it suppose to work for sure in E9x series also, ok, so I got one from a chinese dealer, who was not professional at all and instead to send it with the CD's which I supposed had the drivers (not sure if necessary cause of misinformation as I said before....)
but then he sent me a link from Baidu where you need to have a chinese phone number in order to register and be possible to download files. I have tried all kind of ways to connect the car but unsuccessfuly. No one give any info about which models they tried on, which Windows versions necessary to use, etc etc. I´ve already tried even with a virtual machine with Windows 7 on it, and doesn't work, I actually still wondering if internet connection is required for all those softwares and procedures, someone here commented about only good for telneting/ftping and doesn't offer any info about what it means or how to do it, another wrote even that maybe the was missing the " when writing the cic0803 or Hsm... password, other suggested the TFTD64 and when giving the explanation he mentioned the 32 version instead..., anyway, all useless information when not provided PROPERLY, (too many forums with the same thread but a lot of misinformation), another post says that to get in the Persistency data better to use IExplorer cause Firefox or other not good, for me it didn't worked, all what I know is that with Chrome or Firefox, I got the way to input the id and password (dont ask me how cause my head is already a mess after to try so many procedures) but it doesn't show me anything, just a blank page, so I cannot go to any directory.
So in resume, cause the post is already too long and don't want to bother no one, my questions are:
- Do we need internet connection to make all this procedure in order to get the 1b file or .hex file? (BTW, only one person remarked that the steps to get 1b file through a pen drive ONLY WORKS FOR PREMIUM MAPS / CIC PROFESSIONAL) and to use ESYS, ISTA-P, and other programs provided for this procedure and something as simple as to change language in your CIC, cause I will need to do this also after to update maps, my car is a german version and have only German, French and English.
- how do we get info about map codes to input when for example trying to generate FSC code by BMW AiCoder? (Yes, as you can imagine I have already all kind of programs downloaded since I am trying to obtain the 1b file to generate the FSC code, but none of them worked for me )
- There is any kind of special settings and steps to follow in a Windows 10 Op.Sys.? or even when trying through a Virtual Machine with Windows 7?
Well, I appreciate in advance all your attention and time dedicated to read my post. But I am so lost already in all this, that I don't know even what else I could ask about. there's someone who can pls help me to solve all this stuff for my Navigator?
Info about my car :
BMW 320D LCI Touring 2012 German version Engine: N47T 2 USB connectors, arm rest/ glove box and OSB2 conector under the light switch.
Prod.date 2012-03-02 (No idea if it is relevant, cause my car was one of the last produced the same year series F were released, so I don't know if it helps to know this to help me to make the connection, I actually have no idea how to know if I have a ZGW to connect the car, but zgw -search.exe doesn't show any info either)
head_unit CICMR (??)
I-Level(current) E89X-14-11-501 I-Level(factory) E89X-12-03-502 (I have no idea for what I need this info but I read somewhere it is useful for something if want to connect car to pc.

So here it is all what I wanna say, so I just want to remark again, That I have tried all the SETTINGS I found about ip's and DNS's, etc etc. any kind of idea about what's the problem, please just let me know and I will answer all the questions you have. Thanks.

Have you all a great day.

P.D .- To OPJose, please don't take it personal, your post was just an example from recent activity, but I think we all know that there is unfortunately too many people doing the same mistakes than you on forums, and it is just a waste of precious time for all of us who are looking for answers and help through this forums. Thanks for your comprehension.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 07:51 PM   #316
opjose
Major
Rep

You can start by reading the very first post that tells you that the script technique only works for CIC equipped systems.

If you can't figure out what you have then post your VIN so we can check for you.

I have replied to people that have posted their VIN yet insist they have a CIC when they do not. They should have bothered to read through the thread.

If you don't like that response please DO take this personally and well frankly bugger off.

Don't expect help when you start by qualifying how you wish to receive it. Great way to burn your bridges!

Either act upon what is given you or don't... Complaining that this is too complex is childish.

If you don't know a term read or ask questions.

You can easily Google for "BMW CIC versions" to find out if you have one or not.
Appreciate 1
bcoz80.50
      02-05-2020, 09:41 PM   #317
bcoz
spectator
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBimmer2020 View Post
I would like to also give my opinion about those people who seems to wish to help and show that they really know about everything, but even when there's many that they really know about whatever is exposed in the post, they don't really know how to express what they want to communicate, so please if you do not fully understand what you are talking about, please keep quiet and do not confuse other readers, for those who really know how to do things and really want to help my advise is to please be patient and understand the level of if ignorance from other users, sometimes is quite high which is my case for example, this post is quite old, but I can see is still active and for example I can see a recent post from OPJOSE which reply saying that the script doesn't work for Motion, cause is for CIC...., even me that I am quite ignorant on this matter, I already understood that CIC is the unit from a Navigator, such as CCC, NBT etc., and Motion is just the version of the map which the other User already said is in his BUSSINESS navigator, so , why to confuse him?, politely I would say to you, pls just shut up, cause it doesn't help to talk about whatever we do not fully understand, it seems like is that what you are doing...
Firstly, no need to be negative, especially as you admit "even me that I am quite ignorant on this matter".

If you must, please take your own advice, namely "pls just shut up" when appropriate.

Also note that this thread has been active for 5 years. A browser that worked in 2015, may no longer work the same way in 2020.

opjose is one of the more informed and valued members of this forum.

Quote:
Info about my car :
BMW 320D LCI Touring 2012 German version Engine: N47T 2 USB connectors, arm rest/ glove box and OSB2 conector under the light switch. Prod.date 2012-03-02
Secondly, you haven't mentioned what maps you currently have installed. Are the maps PREMIUM or MOTION? (use iDrive to find the map version).
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 08:10 AM   #318
NewBimmer2020
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose View Post
You can start by reading the very first post that tells you that the script technique only works for CIC equipped systems.

If you can't figure out what you have then post your VIN so we can check for you.

I have replied to people that have posted their VIN yet insist they have a CIC when they do not. They should have bothered to read through the thread.

If you don't like that response please DO take this personally and well frankly bugger off.

Don't expect help when you start by qualifying how you wish to receive it. Great way to burn your bridges!

Either act upon what is given you or don't... Complaining that this is too complex is childish.

If you don't know a term read or ask questions.

You can easily Google for "BMW CIC versions" to find out if you have one or not.
Hi OpJose thanks a lot for your explanation and your advise, and sorry again if I offended you cause i never meant to do it, the thing is that as I said before CIC is just the head Unit, it doesn't refer anything for the version maps and as I have a CIC for sure... (I think it was clear about the CICMR..), and my version maps is MOTION, Then it means that your post #308 when replying to Neo11,( which for that what I see have exactly the same equipment than mine), is not correct, because Business Navigation have MOTION and Professional Navigation have PREMIUM, is that correct, or I got lost? .
Then on the very first porst (#1) There's an Update which is a method developed by Portalseo, which it works ONLY FOR PREMIUM MAPS (CIC PROFESSIONAL), I know because after to try several times, finally I read a post from someone who realised it was an IMPORTANT INFO..., by other side the 12 steps method and the alternative one (I`ve tried both and none of them worked for me), are for those who cannot get the 1b through a pendrive (MOTION), the alternative method refers post #200, where the writer starts to suggest use TFT64, but then when he is explaining the execution it says TFT32,so...which one is the one we have to use then?, cause actually there's 3 kind of downloads in the website (for each version 32 or 64..), Installer, portable and service edition..., as I said before, I am quite ignorant on this matters, and I am quite far from to be perfect, but one thing I am sure, if I decide to help others and dedicate some of my time to write posts in order to infrom about whatever, I would be quite precise, at least as much as possible, btw I am dislexic, is quite hard for me to read too much stuff at once cause very fast I start to change the order of the letters and numbers, that´s why my head so confuse, and so fed up to be reading useless or confused information, anyway I would say SORRY again, cause the purpose was not to offend no one, but I am quite serious doing whatever I decide to do, and difficult to understand people who just write just cause they feel like to do something,(I am not saying is your case), for me is just to waste time and make others to waste them also, driving them in the wrong direction, is a bit frustrating we can say.
Thanks a lot for your offer about to provide my VIN # in order to make it possible to get the 1b file or the FSC Straight away, I will accept it and to be quite grateful for your help, but I will do it just after I try a little bit more to see if I can be successful, is quite frustrating to have spent so much time and energy reading and downloading tools which have been all useless for me until now, I know that what is important is just to get the map update in my Navigator, but now is kind of personal to solve this stuff, so THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP again, an I will pm the VIN# to you when I decide then to give up about to do it by myself, for now I still have time available to dedicate for this stuff, and If I find the way to my particular case, I will then reply on this same thread a very minucious post about all the steps I have followed to solve the situation.
Here is attached a picture which I hope is helpful for those who will be still feeding the thread for long time
SORRY to all the members who could eventually feel offended for my words on my first post, I was just veeeeeery frustrated for so much rubbish I found on the way in this process

Wish you all a GREAT DAY
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 08:42 AM   #319
NewBimmer2020
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Firstly, no need to be negative, especially as you admit "even me that I am quite ignorant on this matter".

If you must, please take your own advice, namely "pls just shut up" when appropriate.

Also note that this thread has been active for 5 years. A browser that worked in 2015, may no longer work the same way in 2020.

opjose is one of the more informed and valued members of this forum.

Secondly, you haven't mentioned what maps you currently have installed. Are the maps PREMIUM or MOTION? (use iDrive to find the map version).

Hi bcoz

Thanks for your comments and your advises, my apologies to you also as well as to ALL THE MEMBERS HERE, and specially to opjose that regarding your comment about him, I can see you are quite right about your opinion, I am just quite a beginner in this things about forums, I don't use actually to write that much in general, and as I explained before on my reply to opjose, I was having a very bad day and quite frustarated because of the way things work on forums due to the misinformation, anyway I hope you read already my last reply, and that you can understand now the reason for which I wrote on that rude way, is definitely not a great way to build my bridges as opjose refered before...., but well here I am sending my apologies.
About my Maps version and stuff I were convinced that I wrote that on my first post, but I were wrong and as I said...., not really good reading and writing, and less with my head being a mess with so much stuff to assimilate, anyway the info exactly as you see it on my iDrive (small screen) is the following one:

ECE
BMW GROUP
Road Map Europe MOTION

My software is already updated and the Version is:

Multimedia: MX-003.005.004

For those who decide to help me, I will remark that the car was produced on 2012-03-02, which I have no idea if is important for electric stuff, regarding that the F31 model (mine is E91) was realeased 3 or 4 months later, and for that what I´ve heard have the same engine, so maybe the same connections(?). I have no idea if is the Windows 10 or if is the way is connected the CIC to the USB and OSB2 PORTS which is complicating my life, all what I know is that I can´t find the way to even connect the car to my laptop, which have no internet down there in my garage and the car have no internet or bluetooth cellphone connection either.

ONCE AGAIN MY APOLOGIES FOR THOSE WHO FELT OFFENDED

and wish you all a GREAT DAY.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 09:54 AM   #320
opjose
Major
Rep

You have "Motion".

When we talk about CIC scripting we are talking about CIC Premium Pro, not "Business" nor NBT, nor "Motion" etc.

The scripting technique will only work with CIC pro.

Your only manual recourse is to use a cable that lets you connect via Ethernet to the HU and download the persistence FSC file. You don't use WiFi for this. You connect a laptop directly to your car.

This is more technical in nature and requires the proper hardware as explained in the other threads.

You are better off just paying for the maps and FSC code which is cheaper than buying what you will need and requires no learning nor additional time.

Unless you have an academic interest it is pointless to spend five times more for the hardware and the hours reading and trying.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 11:09 AM   #321
NewBimmer2020
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose View Post
You have "Motion".

When we talk about CIC scripting we are talking about CIC Premium Pro, not "Business" nor NBT, nor "Motion" etc.

The scripting technique will only work with CIC pro.

Your only manual recourse is to use a cable that lets you connect via Ethernet to the HU and download the persistence FSC file. You don't use WiFi for this. You connect a laptop directly to your car.

This is more technical in nature and requires the proper hardware as explained in the other threads.

You are better off just paying for the maps and FSC code which is cheaper than buying what you will need and requires no learning nor additional time.

Unless you have an academic interest it is pointless to spend five times more for the hardware and the hours reading and trying.
Hi opjose

Thanks a lot for your help and information provided.

I understood that FSC codes generators have also the possibility to generate FSC codes for MOTION version maps, so it means it should work also for me, by other side I already have the ENET Cable (obd2 /Ethernet that btw I think I already metioned that I tried but not succesful, cause one it "worked" only with 1 or 2 browsers, can't remember if Firefox or Chrome, or both, but when It prompt for a log in and I input the "root" id user and the "cic0803" or "Hm83stN" it seems to work, but all what I get is a blank page, I cannot Click the link to go up a directory a couple of times then browse to /HBpersistence/normal and download the file as it says on the turorial, I just didn't tried to input also the ", which someone wrote something about maybe it was missing also and I should do it(?), it doesn't make too much sense but who knows?, just trying, also I can refer that to have the firewall on, seems to be the reason cause it didn't worked sometimes, and on IExplorer didn't worked at all, which is what someone reccommended in a post with the same turoial but other site ), I do actually already ordered also a K-DCAN in order to change the original languages too after I am done with the map update, cause have no Spanish and I will need it in order to make it easier to sell the car here in Spain, I think I already said that I have downloaded all kind of programs and diverse tools such as FSC generators, BMW special pack tools, Diagnostic and Programming softwares, everything including different map versions cause I didn't know that because of the capacity of my CIC Hard disk was not big enough to install futher than the version 2018-1 Europe West MOTION, so all what I need is the help to make the connection car to pc, beacause having all this material already I am convinced that I will find the way to get the code.

About if is for academic interest, well, I can say kind of, I mean I know as I admitted before that I am still quite ignorant on these particular matters, but I consider myself an inteligent person who really loves to do things the best possible, whenever I put something on my hands and decide to solve whatever I work hard to get it, so I think you can understand that is a pain in the a... when now after so long time spend on this stuff, I obviously see it as a challenge which would be great to beat it, by other side and as I said before I have some time to do it, I love to learn about everything, (even when I hate to read), and thats all .
So if someone can find the way to help me out, I will really appreciate it a lot.
I already have the Map Version I need for my CIC, the only thing I need is to get the FSC code. BTW, this method that "worked" (although just got me on a blank page) worked from the USB port in the glove box, andwhen I try to install the Maps, it works at least from the USB in the glove box also cause its read accept to install but ask the FSC code which the one I got from Jaeger generator (by date) didn't worked on ,so means there's a connection between the CIC and this USB, otherwise it will not read the map, but there's is something which is missing when connecting the laptop through this USB, and is that what I wanna find out.

Well, thanks a lot for your attention and I hope we all can find the little information missing here then we can all help other members in a future.

Each head is a world, and in my world I always try to help whoever it is in whatever is necessary if is in my hands

Thanks a lot for your attention and for all the time dedicated to read my posts.

T H A N K Y O U !!!!!

Last edited by NewBimmer2020; 02-06-2020 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: Mistakes
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 04:54 PM   #322
opjose
Major
Rep

"Hm83stN" is missing a character.

It is "Hm83stN)" instead without the quotes.

You are better off using Filezilla to watch the exchange between the PC and the car to see if the login was successful.

Once it is, you can switch to the browser if Filezilla does not show you the folder structure.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 08:55 PM   #323
bcoz
spectator
Australia
Rep

Quote:
… by other side I already have the ENET Cable (obd2 /Ethernet that btw I think I already metioned that I tried but not succesful, cause one it "worked" only with 1 or 2 browsers, can't remember if Firefox or Chrome, or both, but when It prompt for a log in and I input the "root" id user and the "cic0803" or "Hm83stN" it seems to work, but all what I get is a blank page, I cannot Click the link to go up a directory a couple of times then browse to /HBpersistence/normal and download the file as it says on the turorial,
If you want to try the ENET to OBD2 Connector again, take note of the following:

- I used this method successfully on my CIC with PREMIUM maps (Professional navigation). I don't know if it works for CIC with MOTION maps (Business navigation), but it doesn't hurt to try.

- Make sure the ENET to OBD2 Connector looks like the pictures below (pictures show both sides of the Connector):
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/SIIAA...MA/s-l1600.jpg
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/DuYAA...pm/s-l1600.jpg

- You plug the OBD2 end of the Connector into the car's OBD2 port. You then plug an Ethernet cable between the Connector and your PC. You do NOT need any drivers with the ENET to OBD2 Connector.

- You do NOT need internet connection.

- I used Firefox on Windows 10 1903. I suggest you try Firefox on Windows 10, any version of Windows 10 will do (do NOT use Windows 7 or Windows on a virtual machine).
This is a summary of my experience using an ENET to OBD2 Connector (refer to the bullet points): https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...&postcount=306

- Follow steps 2 to 12 in vespa's first post: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1154524
but take note of my bullet points above (in case they also apply to you).

Good Luck!

Last edited by bcoz; 02-06-2020 at 09:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 04:00 PM   #324
NewBimmer2020
Spain
Rep

Quote:
If you want to try the ENET to OBD2 Connector again, take note of the following:

- I used this method successfully on my CIC with PREMIUM maps (Professional navigation). I don't know if it works for CIC with MOTION maps (Business navigation), but it doesn't hurt to try.

- Make sure the ENET to OBD2 Connector looks like the pictures below (pictures show both sides of the Connector):
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/SIIAA...MA/s-l1600.jpg
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/DuYAA...pm/s-l1600.jpg

- You plug the OBD2 end of the Connector into the car's OBD2 port. You then plug an Ethernet cable between the Connector and your PC. You do NOT need any drivers with the ENET to OBD2 Connector.

- You do NOT need internet connection.

- I used Firefox on Windows 10 1903. I suggest you try Firefox on Windows 10, any version of Windows 10 will do (do NOT use Windows 7 or Windows on a virtual machine).
This is a summary of my experience using an ENET to OBD2 Connector (refer to the bullet points): https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...&postcount=306

- Follow steps 2 to 12 in vespa's first post: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1154524
but take note of my bullet points above (in case they also apply to you).

Good Luck!

Hi again members,
I will start to say Thanks for the help specially to opjose and to bcoz , as well as to the others who suggested different tools.
I found finally the way to connect the car by myself through FileZilla, but not sure if I did it well or not, cause after to cut the file the way is suggested on the 12 steps tutorial in post #1 the result was a 322 bytes, so I found another thread in another forum:

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...949582&page=52

(post #1132 edited by Exotic Hadron) wich explains it a little better than in steps 9a /11a in the alternative option offered in post #1 , anyway while learning how this things about forums works, I understood that now I will have to move forward to another thread and maybe to another forum where I found info about the .hex file in order to make it work, cause though I have now a 319 bytes file, it doesn't work with none of the bunch of FSC Generators I have (all of them give me errors about corrupt file and other kind of stuff, maybe cause they're not properly installed or located in my pc, or just cause the 1b file is still not well edited.

SO here is my apport to the Forum and the steps I followed in order to connect the car (BMW 320D E91 LCI 2012 with CIC Business and Road Map Europe Motion 2012) to laptop (Windows 10 Pro Version 10.08.17763 x64 based ):

1. Disable Firework (Not sure if is necessary, but I think so)
2. Download and install FileZilla Client for Windows 64bit from: https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client
3. Set your Laptop ethernet port (see: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/14/#win%2010s and choose windows 10) to IP: 169.254.199.98, subnet: 255.255.255.0, Gateway: 169.254.199.99, leaving Obtain DNS server address on automatic.
4.Connect your ENET cable (OBDII/Ethernet) to your car and laptop.
5. Open FileZilla Client and type: ftp://169.254.199.99 as Server, type: root as username, type: Hm83stN) as password and leave port in blank, click Quick Connect, and then you will see popping up a message saying is not a secure connection to decide if you want to continue or not, so just accept and you will then see a root folder on Remote site, right under this box there is one folders, click on it and it will appear another root folder (same one) and another folder with no name, just click on this one and then you will see all folders, now just follow the route: HBpersistence/Normal/ and finally you will find the famous generalPersistencyData_DiagnosticsSWTController file, which you will just right click on it and choose Download, that's all, now you can find the downloaded file into C:/Users/ (your computer id), and there it is. Now is just about to edit it (better follow the link I suggested before to know how to edit) with a Hex editor, I suppose there are many on the net, I used this:
https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
as recommended already on the post #1 edited by Vespa (Many thanks to him for his help) .

Well, thanks to all from your comprehension and your help, with my best wishes for a great weekend.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 01:37 PM   #325
opjose
Major
Rep

Post the file you obtained from the car.

Make sure you do not open nor edit the file you post.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 10:28 PM   #326
bcoz
spectator
Australia
Rep

Quote:
... so I found another thread in another forum:
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...949582&page=52

(post #1132 edited by Exotic Hadron) wich explains it a little better than in steps 9a /11a in the alternative option offered in post #1
Thanks for the link (I hadn't seen that before).
Here's a direct link to post #1132 (View Single Post), in case it's useful for others...

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=1132
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 11:14 PM   #327
bcoz
spectator
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I found finally the way to connect the car by myself through FileZilla, but not sure if I did it well or not, cause after to cut the file the way is suggested on the 12 steps tutorial in post #1 the result was a 322 bytes ...
As suggested by opjose, you should post/attach your 'generalPersistencyData_DiagnosticsSWTController' file here (without any edits/changes).

Someone may be able to extract the correct 1b.hex file for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 03:25 AM   #328
cyrixdrg
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 518d

Can someone help me with my 1b file? I can't find the second group to be deleted.
generalPersistencyData_DiagnosticSWTController.zip

Thank you guys!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 07:29 AM   #329
bcoz
spectator
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrixdrg View Post
Can someone help me with my 1b file? I can't find the second group to be deleted.
Attached is your cropped 1b.hex file as per steps 8 to 12 in the OP

In your case, step 11 means delete everything starting with the characters "3F 01 01 02" (@ line 130, column 0F).

Give it a try (VIN is VV35977).
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1b.hex.zip (429 Bytes, 74 views)
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 03:45 AM   #330
Takfarinas
Rep
Drives: E90

Hi guys !
Can I use the solution for an F20 (with Route Map) ?
KR
Appreciate 0