E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Should I install Aftermarket Eonon Head Unit?

06-02-2019, 12:37 PM   #67
ducatiti
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7

I think you need the decoder or have your car coded. Not sure, sorry.

In regards to the noise, did you try removing the rectifier to see if that would fix it?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 02:12 PM   #68
ducatiti
Captain
Rep

So camera is in and wiring is intact, but still waiting for the rectifier and butt connectors to arrive..

So I routed the video cable from the deck towards the trunk. It is impossible to get all the wirings thru the rubber boot in the trunk this way. I think one should route the wires from the trunk towards the head unit.

I had to route the wire outside of the boot... only one wire sticking out, again, when coming from the inside, it is impossible to route the rest of the wires.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 04:59 PM   #69
madhan127
Rep
Drives: 335i

I was able to pull all of the wire through the rubber housing. I pulled it from trunk to the lid side. I didn't try removing the filter since I soldered and used the head shrink to connect to camera. If you are still waiting for the filter you can try connecting to camera directly.

I'm still searching for ways to fix the SOS warning.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 05:19 PM   #70
ducatiti
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhan127 View Post
I was able to pull all of the wire through the rubber housing. I pulled it from trunk to the lid side. I didn't try removing the filter since I soldered and used the head shrink to connect to camera. If you are still waiting for the filter you can try connecting to camera directly.

I'm still searching for ways to fix the SOS warning.
So you wired the cable from inside the cabin to the trunk like I did? It seemed impossible to slide the thicker filter thingy on the wire together with the wire itself.

Also, mind posting a picture of the fuzziness mentioned?

Good luck with your SOS warning problem.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 09:46 PM   #71
ducatiti
Captain
Rep

I was able to install the camera with the rectifier with no problems, no relay was used. Is this the same quality that you have with some horizontal flickering? This will work for me though.

Not a perfect picture but not bad for a $21 dollar camera spent. Here is a quick video:

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 08:50 AM   #72
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car

There's now a eonon with the 9.0 Android wondering if we can upgrade the software somehow to 9.0 from 8.1?
Appreciate 0