E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > 1985 BMW 745i drag link

10-26-2009, 11:53 PM   #1
jimwall80
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1985 BMW 745i

1985 BMW 745i drag link

Hello everyone. I own a 1985 745i BMW built for Germany. It closely resembles the 1985 735i built for the US Market. I quite recently ordered a draglink (center) and track rods from a shop in the US, hoping it would fit. The track rods fit alright, but the drag link did not. For one thing, the ball ends on the track rod are not identical. One ball joint carries a long stem bolt while that on the opposite end is shorter. It is the same for both types of cars. The difference between them, however, is as follows:

With the track rod positioned infront of you in the shape of the handle bar of a bicycle and with the ball joints pointing upwards, the 735i has the longer ball joint stem bolt positioned on the left, while the shorter stem is on the right. The 745i is fitted with ball ends in a configuration directly opposite to that of the 735i. I am interested in the track rod for the 745i. Does anyone know where on the web I can purchase it? Thanking someone in advance for your help/information
Appreciate 0