E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > What file format does Tuning company use on remap?

01-16-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
Bayer_Aleks
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Touring -09

What file format does Tuning company use on remap?

Hey guys!

Does anybody know what file format tuning companys use when they remap cars?

I have a wierd situation...
This summer I bought a tuning kit from Vtech where I got this RTS handunit and then recived my map file from their website after uploading my original file on their server. BUT, my car was one of those with the latest tuning protection ECU and couldn't be remaped. With other words, totally useless for me. So I sent the unit back to them...but today I found that I still have the tuning files on my computer. So now when they have solved this tuning protection, I allready have a tuning file that can be flashed on my ECU.

So I just want to know if anybody knows if tuning companys use same file format on their map or not. My map files are ".bin" with size of 258kb.

This would be great for me if I just could pay a tuning company to flash my ECU with this tuning files that I allready got.

Please if somebody knows anything...
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
blendim
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i e92/ m3 93

you made me sing up..gooood move btw . . post the files ..and what tune is it??

Last edited by blendim; 01-20-2010 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: 1
Appreciate 0