E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Damian's 2008 320d E90 "edition M Sport" Carbon Black - Interior colour change!

01-25-2015, 03:30 PM   #45
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Project Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ0063 View Post
I don't know why but the exhaust looks ten times better on Theivz car, the pre LCI 'loon just can't pull it off.

I think the 335 style would have suited better & been more subtle. It looks a bit 'Halfordsesque' ATM..
i think once the rest of the mods are done it will look better than mine ... he nabbed it now as it was a great mod at a great price .. its a project in progress
      01-25-2015, 03:31 PM   #46
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

dont take the negative ones too heart as theivz said. modding takes time and youll get there!! dont rush to get new rims and spoiler and lowered now as i said it looks odd...it takes time mate but i know when your done. it will be a showboater

im thinking to go different on E93. probably oval exits on each side like the 335 but 6x4 oval tips lol
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 03:42 PM   #47
simmo1985
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 Edition M Sport 320D

Quote:
I don't know why but the exhaust looks ten times better on Theivz car, the pre LCI 'loon just can't pull it off.

I think the 335 style would have suited better & been more subtle. It looks a bit 'Halfordsesque' ATM..
Because Thievz car was less standard looking. But once OP has done some more exterior cosmetic mods(which he has planned) i have no doubt the exhaust will come into its own and look as good as it did on Thievz. I'd be happy to roll with this slightly OTT exhaust until i could get everything else to same standard, especially at the price it was.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 04:08 PM   #48
JulesM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupraraj View Post
not too sure what i think. new rims / m3 lip spoiler and lowered you will pull it off. at the minute it looks odd but im sure youllvget there soon!!
Does an M3 lip spoiler fit the e90 M sport bumper?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 04:30 PM   #49
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E93

First of all thanks for all the opinions either positive or negative ones. Also thank you for suggestions. I already have a plan for this project but as everyone knows, I need time to get there.

Quote:
not too sure what i think. new rims / m3 lip spoiler and lowered you will pull it off. at the minute it looks odd but im sure youllvget there soon!!
New rims with new tires will be bought after winter - will need advise on that! M3 lip will go on after LCI rear lift. Lowering will also go on after new wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theivz View Post
wow love it ... progressing really nicely! I can see the vision lol. The exhaust is different and bold but with the right rims will look really good. How do you like the sound?

Dont worry about the negative comments - everyone if entitiled to their own opinion and more importantly some people dont have your vision

Mine was a 320d too but IMO it sounded really good and looked even better

Once your rims are on and its lowered it'll look something like this. What do you think about tail light tints?

Thanks mate! Im well pleased, and so was my exhaust fitter. He said that exhaust was really well made and it fitted without a problem! Didn't even need shortening or anything. Costed me 50 quid to fit it!

I love the sound of it! How I wanted it. Now will be doing an DPF delete as well, which should maybe improve the sound also?

Also I like tali light tints but doing an LCI rear conversion.

Quote:

It did look ten times better on Theivz car as he had a decent set of alloys and coilovers which my car lacks very much. Those steelies I got really do spoil the look of my car but project only started.

Quote:
dont take the negative ones too heart as theivz said. modding takes time and youll get there!! dont rush to get new rims and spoiler and lowered now as i said it looks odd...it takes time mate but i know when your done. it will be a showboater

im thinking to go different on E93. probably oval exits on each side like the 335 but 6x4 oval tips lol
Yes mate, just how it is. Takes time, but I got a good idea of what I want and car will defiantly improve its appearance.

It takes a while now, especially when Im waiting for summer, to do most of the mods. That includes: carbon splitters, m3 carbon lip, matt white wrap with gloss black roof and new 19" alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesM View Post
Does an M3 lip spoiler fit the e90 M sport bumper?
It goes up on the trunk, don't think the bumper has anything to do with it mate.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 04:40 PM   #50
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Liking the look as I can see the end game lol. Unless you do every mod at once then some mods will always look out of place. Just wait for the finish and all good.
      01-25-2015, 04:45 PM   #51
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
lol. if you look past the obvious distractions you will see it
N'ah still can't see it.
      01-25-2015, 05:08 PM   #52
JulesM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali View Post

It goes up on the trunk, don't think the bumper has anything to do with it mate.
Yeah I got all excited and ran off to ebay then I realised my hopes were false
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 08:06 AM   #53
GOWRIN
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 435D XD

Car is coming along nicely, love the quad exhaust though
      01-26-2015, 01:22 PM   #54
borinous
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 320d SE

only looks alittle odd presently due to it seeming being the only Mod so it stands out.. with Wheels slight lowering and a lip spoiler of some sort it'll look good.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 03:35 PM   #55
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Project Z

Quote:

Thanks mate! Im well pleased, and so was my exhaust fitter. He said that exhaust was really well made and it fitted without a problem! Didn't even need shortening or anything. Costed me 50 quid to fit it!

I love the sound of it! How I wanted it. Now will be doing an DPF delete as well, which should maybe improve the sound also?

Also I like tali light tints but doing an LCI rear conversion.

It takes a while now, especially when Im waiting for summer, to do most of the mods. That includes: carbon splitters, m3 carbon lip, matt white wrap with gloss black roof and new 19" alloys.

glad to hear your fitter was impressed the fellas at styledymanics are excellent. my bro and best man also have their exhausts done by them. 50 quid is a result! Also glad you loved the sound ... i didnt want to set your expectations too high but tbh i loved it and thought it didnt sound like a diesel at all after you're past 5 mph lol

list of mods look excellent - looking forward to seeing progress mate!
      02-01-2015, 02:25 PM   #56
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Clutch stop + Progress on M3 styled dials!

So, nothing major happening with the car, although I do have plenty plans for February and March.

At the moment thou, been progressing with my M3 like dials and now finished with white LEDs and m3 rings. Test fitted them in the car, although only for a while as their still not finished! As you can see on the photos, bottom led needs fixing and screen has to be re-connected, so Im also changing illumination of the screen to red and changing the needles colour from white to red.

Standard vs Modified

At the moment I went back to standard to keep the classy look. New ones will be installed once I progress with other interior mods shortly!

Clutch stop from the US and A!

Installed! Gear changes are much smoother and to me clutch feels much more "sporty".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWRIN View Post
Car is coming along nicely, love the quad exhaust though
Cheers mate, not done that much major mods yet, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borinous View Post
only looks alittle odd presently due to it seeming being the only Mod so it stands out.. with Wheels slight lowering and a lip spoiler of some sort it'll look good.
Those steelies make this car look total ugly! Defiantly getting some 17"s for next winter.

Quote:
glad to hear your fitter was impressed the fellas at styledymanics are excellent. my bro and best man also have their exhausts done by them. 50 quid is a result! Also glad you loved the sound ... i didnt want to set your expectations too high but tbh i loved it and thought it didnt sound like a diesel at all after you're past 5 mph lol

list of mods look excellent - looking forward to seeing progress mate!
And Im planning to do an DPF delete to that. And a remap.

As people wondering to where this project is heading, I will try to briefly explain what I've planned.
As of insurance cost, running costs and other reasons, this car is perfect fit for me as Im 20 this year and next car will be not earlier then when Im 25 which gives me a good reason to spend a total shit load on this project.
Every month Ill be hoping to changing one factor of the car, either its performance, or styling. I have planned many modifications to complete within months.

Few mods that I remember, that I've planned to progress with, in those months:
February:
  • CIC install, combox install + loom with quadlock for audio system.
  • car audio set up fitted (supra speaker cables, audio processor, amp)

April:
  • 19" Alloys (not made my mind yet but will have an discussion about these)
This is a brief guideline of what Im planning. I might go different route or change my plans, depending on finance and parts availability.

Enjoy a read
Damian

Last edited by Kali; 12-13-2015 at 05:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 04:36 AM   #57
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Nice job with the cluster!!! i had the same problem when doing mine. i never soldered the bottom LED good enough so light wasnt coming through on the MPG and fuel needle gas bright as the rest so i took LED off and made sure it was down properly. tested it and it was as bright as the others.

need to do that m3 cluster thing youve put on. did you order from ebay the £18 one?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 06:01 AM   #58
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Nice job with the cluster!!! i had the same problem when doing mine. i never soldered the bottom LED good enough so light wasnt coming through on the MPG and fuel needle gas bright as the rest so i took LED off and made sure it was down properly. tested it and it was as bright as the others.

need to do that m3 cluster thing youve put on. did you order from ebay the £18 one?
Thanks! I've sorted the bottom LED now and looks very bright, although need red needles so badly!

Also, yes its the 18 quid ones and they are reasonably nice, although a disaster to install! The hardest is to remove the original rings and I personally used a dremel.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 06:27 AM   #59
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

how have you got the cruise control ring lit up when youve got 4cyl?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 06:33 AM   #60
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
how have you got the cruise control ring lit up when youve got 4cyl?
I bought another cluster off ebay, which was exactly same but 6cyl version. I read all those threads where people stated its not possible to swap clusters or its very expensive option where I bought one for 40 quid and it works! (mileage etc. is correct)
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 02:51 AM   #61
Phil99z
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F31 340i Shadowline Ed

Garage List
Nice job - loving this built thread!

Whats the cabin noise like with the exhaust? Thinking of getting a 335 style dual exit exhaust system but don't want it to be too loud inside the cabin.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 03:37 AM   #62
JJ0063
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90

What is the clutch stop mod? I've not heard of it, I can see physically what it is, but what is the benefit/what does it to?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 03:42 AM   #63
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
I bought another cluster off ebay, which was exactly same but 6cyl version. I read all those threads where people stated its not possible to swap clusters or its very expensive option where I bought one for 40 quid and it works! (mileage etc. is correct)
Yes, indeed.
But if notice then there is a dot b.w total miles and miles you have done on your last tank.
That is called as 'tampering dot'.

Any MOT tester who is familiar with that or dealer will think differently.
      02-09-2015, 07:05 AM   #64
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2die4 View Post
Nice job - loving this built thread!

Whats the cabin noise like with the exhaust? Thinking of getting a 335 style dual exit exhaust system but don't want it to be too loud inside the cabin.
No noise at all, only if I roll my windows down and rev it right up. Its actually perfect as it doesn't ruin the car in anyway.

Quote:
What is the clutch stop mod? I've not heard of it, I can see physically what it is, but what is the benefit/what does it to?

Thanks!
It stops the clutch pedal higher than usually which results in quicker gear changes as your foot doesn't have to travel those few cm deeper into the floor to change the gear. Probably best 10 pounds spent on car. Recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Yes, indeed.
But if notice then there is a dot b.w total miles and miles you have done on your last tank.
That is called as 'tampering dot'.

Any MOT tester who is familiar with that or dealer will think differently.
Oh crap! How much of a problem that is ? Good you told me mate!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2015, 07:38 AM   #65
Phil99z
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F31 340i Shadowline Ed

Garage List
Quote:
No noise at all, only if I roll my windows down and rev it right up. Its actually perfect as it doesn't ruin the car in anyway.
Nice one thanks..... Really tempted to get a 335 style one for my car.... Forums are really bad for my wallet!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2015, 08:33 AM   #66
JJ0063
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
It stops the clutch pedal higher than usually which results in quicker gear changes as your foot doesn't have to travel those few cm deeper into the floor to change the gear. Probably best 10 pounds spent on car. Recommended.
Thanks for that.

So the clutch still fully engages, just has less travel?

Do you have a link of where to purchase this?

Cheers,
Jordan
Appreciate 0