E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Upgraded xdrive front control arms

06-29-2020, 09:31 PM   #23
gspinks11
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335 xi

or am i better off going with these?

https://www.strongflex.eu/en/e90-e91...553503470.html

according to the other forums people are renting a tool from harbor freight with an impact wrench to do it themselves. i have a 1000ft lb gun but if thats not a good option or not so easy, i can probably take it to a local shop to have it done since I don't have a 12-20 ton press.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 09:32 AM   #24
nsjames
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi Touring

those monoballs are essentially a sealed rod end. They will have 0 flex.
good for performance, not so good for NVH.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 12:07 AM   #25
colorado.e9x
eBay Special
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [9.50]
2006 BMW 330xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspinks11 View Post
bumping this

I have an 08 335xi, what is the BEST thing to do since apparently the M3 arms dont bolt up.

Should i replace the bushings in the arms I have?

Or should I modify them as per the previous post and has anyone actually confirmed success with this?

I have a minor clunk noise when going over certain speed bumps while turning and it seems to be drivers side only mainly and i've replaced the strut mounts, struts, sway bar links and tie rod ends.

i'm suspecting with the 150k miles i have on the car the control arms are the issue since, there isn't much left for me to replace regarding this particular issue.

i'd also be interested even if it doesn't fix my issue if it's going to offer a much better ride and allow for better comfort, control and stability
Bumping this. This post is really similar to my situation. My 06 330xi with 150k on the clock has a clunk going straight at low speeds. However it also has this buckling effect and clunk when going over speed bumps while turning left. It doesn't clunk or buckle at all when going over speed bumps while turning right.

So far I have replaced:
Struts (B8)
Strut mounts
Springs (prokit)
Adjustable sway bar links
Tension struts / Ball joints

Has anyone had those weird symptoms? The fact that it only buckles when angling left on speed bumps makes me think its sway related. I was thinking maybe ill buy some meyle hd endlinks to see if theres any difference. A new thought that just crossed my mind is to swap the bushings around on the sway bar to see what happens.

Also, awhile back my passenger sway bar bracket broke off. No clue how other than if it was loose but it literally snapped. I had to drive with it the way it was for about a week until the replacement bracket came in. I thought that might have been my clunk so I was excited to replace it however the problem persisted. Is it possible my sway bar could be bent and if so what would be the symptoms of it?

Damn I just wrote a novel
Appreciate 0