Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 18x8 Platinum Flux - making it work...

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-15-2019, 04:50 PM   #1
baltobrewer
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is Vert Black/Oyster

18x8 Platinum Flux - making it work...

Hey all, I picked up my 2013 335is vert a few months back and love it, low mile , clean car. I love it EXCEPT for the fact that the prior owner installed 18x8 Platinum Flux wheels in place of the 19" 313's that were stock. Not ideal for me, but I don't feel like shelling out for wheels until I've gotten to all of the preventative maintenance, and then to FBO stage, which means that I'll be living with these for at least a year or two. So, I would like to install some spacers to improve the stance, as the rears are mighty tucked in. Tires are Goodyear Eagle Sport all-season 225 40R18's all around. Definitely NOT the combo I would have picked, but like I said, it's gonna be maintenance -> mods -> wheels, so I need to make it work. With the above combo, what spacer size, front and rear, would you all recommend to flush things out some more? The rims have a 32mm offset with 5.748" backspacing. Any help would be appreciated.

Jay
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 05:35 PM   #2
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

Honestly, you just need to measure and build in tollerances. Each suspension and wheel/tire combo creates variances -- even how much you weigh or if you have stuff normally in the trunk (ie sub box, etc).

Follow this to give yourself a good idea where to start:
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 03:04 PM   #3
baltobrewer
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is Vert Black/Oyster

This is awesome, thanks.
Appreciate 0