E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > ALUFELGEN Wheels | CSL & SF-71 Group Buy

Closed Thread

04-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #89
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iLondon View Post
I really couldn't see myself paying more that 800 quid for a set of reps.
Agreed, too much more than that and the price gap gets to a point where a set of proper BBS CH wheels starts to become more attractive. Yes they are a bit more but at least they are proper quality forged wheels from a very reputable brand rather than replica's and you can buy them in the UK.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #90
Tak1986
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvernator View Post
Agreed, too much more than that and the price gap gets to a point where a set of proper BBS CH wheels starts to become more attractive. Yes they are a bit more but at least they are proper quality forged wheels from a very reputable brand rather than replica's and you can buy them in the UK.
And BBS always provide great packaging, and the residue values always good
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #91
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

The quality of the Alufelgens is really very good.

But the way they totally dodge the issue of offering up the paint code speaks volumes about the aftercare. None.
      04-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #92
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure BBS as we know them went bust years ago. You may find wheels claiming to be BBS and/or using BBS casts - but they won't be BBS as they were in 1997.

That said, I'd probably buy a set of wheels made from melted down milk bottle tops and painted by local gypsy's than participate in whatever this thread is about. Ive been waiting and waiting for it to ACTUALLY become a group buy, but it just isn't.

I COULD go to America with my family, buy these wheels and put one in each of their suitcases before flying back to save on postage. Would that be a group buy? No. It would be a stupid plan - and for that reason, I'm out!!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #93
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i_jeff View Post
To defend Alufelgen a bit I bought some of these for my previous 335i at the first group buy and was impressed with the communication and with the overall service.

Admittedly I had no problems (which in all honesty is the only time you actually find out how good customer service is) but the quality and finish of the wheels was really good and massively improve the look of the car

I'd be interested in a silver set in E92 M3 fitment for my new car if the price was right
Thank you for the feedback! We have the SF-71 in 19" in Silver available for the E92 M3.

Quote:
So after all that, can I ask a few questions for myself and anyone else who may still be interested in these wheels?

1) Is this group buy still on?
2) What will the total cost be including wheels+shipping+vat+import duties+customs handling costs?
3) Is delivery to the door, if not where will they be shipped to?
4) Alternatively when do you expect the UK distributor to be setup so that we can buy these wheels in the UK and not have to worry about all of the above.
5) What price will these wheels be available for from a distributor in the UK?

Thanks
1. Yes. I`m posting all the GB details in a few.
2. I`ll include that in the details.
3. I`ll include that in the details.
4. We are currently working with 3 UK retailers. As of now we do not have a concrete ETA.
5. That is up to the UK distributor to determine. You can, however, expect the prices to be about US$200-400 more than the cost of importing them yourself.

Quote:
The wheels in the US are $999 which is about $640 quid. You can expect the price to be over $800 quid after freight, import duties, VAT, etc have been accounted for if purchased separately. We are trying to offer the wheels for as low as possible.

The BBS CH are not forged. They are low-pressure cast, same as the ALUFELGENs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1bjr View Post
The quality of the Alufelgens is really very good.

But the way they totally dodge the issue of offering up the paint code speaks volumes about the aftercare. None.
Thank you! I`m very glad to hear you are satisfied with our product quality.

As I have previously mention, we will have touch up paint available with our next batch.

Last edited by ALUFELGEN; 04-10-2012 at 05:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #94
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I`m working on all the GB details. I`ll post them on the thread in a few minutes.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #95
Cyprio
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi S4 B/Edition

Can't argue with that!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 05:16 AM   #96
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Exclamation

This thread has now moved here, where Matt at Alufelgen has set up a new GB thread.

Viv

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread