E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > AMS Meth with Procede. No changes to the tune and meth isn't flowing?

04-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
econdon
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi Coupe

AMS Meth with Procede. No changes to the tune and meth isn't flowing?

Figured I'd post here before I take a good hard look at it. My meth tank was empty for a few months and I whipped up a batch of methanol (Chem E degree coming in handy) and filled my tank up. When I went WOT nothing happened and I was curious as to whether the lines just had to fill or if it was an issue with my pump. I did a few more WOT pulls but it seems as if the flow meter isn't seeing any flow.

Now this is a kit that wasn't installed by me and I have no idea how to manually prime the pump. It's an AMS pump by the way. On another note, I only have a mac at the moment (getting a new pc next week) so I can't check the Procede.

I really want to learn more about how to do this stuff myself as a hobby but I need some help to start. Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
The lines only need a few pulls to fill to fully purge. You can test you pump by manually activating it. If it's generating pressure and you still don't see flow, it's possible (and pretty likely given how long the tank has been dry) that your nozzles are clogged from residue. You will have to disassemble them and clean the little pills out with brake cleaner. Should only take a few minutes if this is the case.
Appreciate 0