E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > mp3 skipping

11-18-2005, 04:15 AM   #1
cappy78
Rep
Drives: '06 BMW 325i E90

mp3 skipping

I'm having a problem with playing mp3s. When playing a mp3 disk, at random times a song will skip and go to the next track. At first I thought i burnt a disk with a partial song on it. After it did it again, I went back to replay the song and the song played fine. I use all namebrand products (sony disks, sony writer, and nero software). Is anyone else experience this and did you find a solution. I really like the mp3 function it's like having a 7disc changer in the dash.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2005, 12:59 PM   #2
BimmerMan7
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i E90

MP3 track skips

I also experienced that the MP3 song skips to the next track. Icould not replicate this today, but everytime I go over a bump in the road, this happens. With run flat and 17" mags the ride is quite hard. It seems the standard BMW Business Radio has a very small buffer or something when playing MP3's. Well this is just my perception.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2005, 03:57 PM   #3
akmchan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 528I

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy78
I'm having a problem with playing mp3s. When playing a mp3 disk, at random times a song will skip and go to the next track. At first I thought i burnt a disk with a partial song on it. After it did it again, I went back to replay the song and the song played fine. I use all namebrand products (sony disks, sony writer, and nero software). Is anyone else experience this and did you find a solution. I really like the mp3 function it's like having a 7disc changer in the dash.
I play mp3's quite often and this has not happened to me yet. I would take note and maybe ask your service dept to make sure its just not the cd player...does the same disk happen at home on your DVD player? I would monitor it ....I don't think that is normal....
Appreciate 0