E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > HELP: Potential fitment issue with Exact-Fit brake lines - pics inside please look!

02-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4cs | 2022 M550i

Exclamation HELP: Potential fitment issue with Exact-Fit brake lines - pics inside please look!

So I am installing this exact fit lines kit and the rear caliper lines' threaded terminations look quite a bit different from the stock lines' and I'm wondering if I have the wrong kit. The part number on the rear line bag matches the ECS site# (250-600). Is it different because I have a 335is vs a regular 335i? I thought there wasn't a difference between models.

Anyway, a pic is worth an essay so please take a look and let me know if I should stop and contact ECS for a replacement set of rear lines, or if I can go ahead and continue the job (the lines will thread in, but the longer termination means the inflexible portion of the line will stick out of the caliper further than OEM and I'm worried it will interfere with the suspension and get ripped out and fail

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

And, before anyone asks, no I did not get the mid and rear lines mixed up- they are quite different. Pic below to prove it:

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Upon closer inspection, I think that I had it backwards... as the suspension gets loaded, the lower control arm that I was worried about will actually move further away from the hose end. So I think it is ok.

I am really confused as to why a line called "Exact Fit" would be so different from the stock configuration. I wonder if it was intentional.

Still open to feedback on this if you have information!
Appreciate 0