E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 320D yellow triangle loss of power

03-11-2024, 05:05 AM   #1
Xpoppyxx
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D E90

320D yellow triangle loss of power

Hi all,

I've got a 2011 320D (E90). Last couple of long journey/motorway trips I've been getting a yellow ! triangle pop up on the dash and the car losses acceleration/power. It only lasts a couple of seconds then it continues as normal. I'm guessing it's a wheel speed sensor issue or the abs ring, but I don't know which one is the problem. I've plugged the car into diagnostics but because the fault clears after a couple of seconds there is nothing to read.
Has anyone got any advice of figuring out which wheel is the issue? I intend to replace whatever is the issue and same for the wheel on the other axle, but just wondering if anyone has any advice on narrowing it down?
Appreciate any advice.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 08:03 AM   #2
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

There will be a code logged for a faulty wheel speed sensor. Got the codes read and it will tell you which one needs changing. Have you got a code reader?
Appreciate 0