E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > NCS Expert 4.0.1 English & Password Fix

07-18-2018, 08:07 AM   #23
davemonfl
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i w/sport package 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB335IS View Post
I've been a IT guy for zero yrs and installed it this morning in 10 minutes to check and this is what I got.
Yeah it is working fine for a lot of people I know, but for myself and some others it still comes up in German after following the steps.
      07-18-2018, 08:13 AM   #24
davemonfl
Private
Rep

Quote:
I've been a IT guy for zero yrs and installed it this morning in 10 minutes to check and this is what I got.
Did you have to do anything with the Windows6.1-KB977206-x64.msu that is found in the BMW Coding Tool folder? Says its for virtual machines so I did not run it. Other than that I followed all instructions.
      07-18-2018, 08:25 AM   #25
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemonfl View Post
Quote:
Did you have to do anything with the Windows6.1-KB977206-x64.msu that is found in the BMW Coding Tool folder? Says its for virtual machines so I did not run it. Other than that I followed all instructions.
Coding tool should be set up already when installed with the proper directories, folders, etc. Beyond opening it as administrator the initial time you shouldn't need to do anything else. I use a Win7 64bit but have installed the software on Win10 and XP as well with no issues.
      07-18-2018, 08:46 AM   #26
davemonfl
Private
Rep

Quote:
Mikes Easy software is garbage if you know what your doing. If you couldn't get wildcatscrazy installed correctly (it is in English) try the bimmergeeks.net download also in English and much more complete than Mikes.
Just out of curiosity, what is missing from the one I have working from Mikes? As long as I can activate Bluetooth after installing a handsfree mic and Bluetooth antenna I'm good, but, I don't want to use something that is out of date or will mess things up...
      07-18-2018, 10:22 AM   #27
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what is missing from the one I have working from Mikes? As long as I can activate Bluetooth after installing a handsfree mic and Bluetooth antenna I'm good, but, I don't want to use something that is out of date or will mess things up...
If that's all you're going to use it for then it should be fine. Just off the top of my head I know INPA was missing quite a few functions in the script selections (engine, trans, chassis, etc.)
      07-18-2018, 11:27 AM   #28
davemonfl
Private
Rep

Quote:
If that's all you're going to use it for then it should be fine. Just off the top of my head I know INPA was missing quite a few functions in the script selections (engine, trans, chassis, etc.)
Thanks
      07-20-2018, 11:05 AM   #29
davemonfl
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hi, I have successfully added $644 into VO in CAS and NFRM, but when I try SG_CODIEREN to reset the 2URAD ECU I get an error in German.

I read that if you use a profile that has "manipulation" enabled in the settings, the software will upload the content of the .MAN file in the module when you do a SG_codieren job. If manipulation is off, the software will use the VO and the daten files to generate the default file that would have been found in the module originally based on the vehicle options list, which I believe is what I need to do now.

Problem is when I try to edit the profile to uncheck manipulation it asks me for a password.
Any ideas on how I can run SG_CODIEREN to reset the 2URAD ECU?
Is it possible to create a blank .man file for the 2URAD to overcome this issue by doing this:
Go to your /WORK/ folder. Open FSW_PSW.MAN, select all, delete, save & exit., then run SG_CODIEREN to the 2URAD ECU?

Thanks for your expertise.

Last edited by davemonfl; 07-20-2018 at 11:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 12:45 PM   #30
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Hi, I have successfully added $644 into VO in CAS and NFRM, but when I try SG_CODIEREN to reset the 2URAD ECU I get an error in German.

I read that if you use a profile that has "manipulation" enabled in the settings, the software will upload the content of the .MAN file in the module when you do a SG_codieren job. If manipulation is off, the software will use the VO and the daten files to generate the default file that would have been found in the module originally based on the vehicle options list, which I believe is what I need to do now.

Problem is when I try to edit the profile to uncheck manipulation it asks me for a password.
Any ideas on how I can run SG_CODIEREN to reset the 2URAD ECU?
Is it possible to create a blank .man file for the 2URAD to overcome this issue by doing this:
Go to your /WORK/ folder. Open FSW_PSW.MAN, select all, delete, save & exit., then run SG_CODIEREN to the 2URAD ECU?

Thanks for your expertise.
You should have more than one profile in there, what are the names of the profiles you have? There's usually at least two profiles, one for manipulation and one for default coding which is what you're looking for. The names of profiles can be edited to whatever you want without changing any of their settings FYI. As for the password, you should be able to check right through it without one but if you have two profiles already there's a 99.9% chance that one's set for manipulation, the other isn't.

Try SG_RESET instead.
      07-20-2018, 02:33 PM   #31
davemonfl
Private
Rep

Quote:
You should have more than one profile in there, what are the names of the profiles you have? There's usually at least two profiles, one for manipulation and one for default coding which is what you're looking for. The names of profiles can be edited to whatever you want without changing any of their settings FYI. As for the password, you should be able to check right through it without one but if you have two profiles already there's a 99.9% chance that one's set for manipulation, the other isn't.

Try SG_RESET instead.
Thanks for the reply. I had two profiles default and NCS Dummy. The Default has manipulation unchecked when I click on edit then FSW/PSW. Also FSW/PSW-Trace is checked. I also installed some others from NCSExpert 4.0.1 Profiles I downloaded.

The Default one should work since manipulation is unchecked, right? I also tried SG_Reset and that did not error out but it did not make the 2URAD read the $644 from the CAS and NFRM to activate the Bluetooth, which is my understanding of what running SG_CODIEREN on the module 2URAD is supposed to do.

I tried running SG_CODIEREN on the module 2URAD again using the default profile and get same error:

Last edited by davemonfl; 07-20-2018 at 04:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 12:47 PM   #32
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I've been an IT guy for over 30 years, I think I know how to install software and delete and copy folders. I followed his instructions and it was still in German, just trying to help others that have the same problem.
I'd be more than happy to remote in and install it for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 12:57 PM   #33
davemonfl
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TopGearSolutions View Post
I'd be more than happy to remote in and install it for you.
Thanks, I did get it installed and working in English. Also added $644 to VO in CAS and NFRM and successfully did an FA_Write.

Now I need to do an SG_CODIEREN to 2URAD but I guess I need an Icom to do that. Unfortunately the cheapest I can find anybody around here to do any coding is $120. Seems a little ridiculous knowing how easy it was to add $644 to the VO of CAS and NFRM and do an FA_Write. Couldn't take much longer than that did if you have the Icom all working and ready to go, right?
      08-13-2018, 01:12 PM   #34
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Thanks, I did get it installed and working in English. Also added $644 to VO in CAS and NFRM and successfully did an FA_Write.

Now I need to do an SG_CODIEREN to 2URAD but I guess I need an Icom to do that. Unfortunately the cheapest I can find anybody around here to do any coding is $120. Seems a little ridiculous knowing how easy it was to add $644 to the VO of CAS and NFRM and do an FA_Write. Couldn't take much longer than that did if you have the Icom all working and ready to go, right?
You're correct. Just a couple more minutes of prep work, getting the ICOM hooked up and communicating with the car. After that, it's business as usual.

I have an ICOM myself that I use for local customers, and rarely recommend sending it out to remote customers due to the cost of the deposit.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 03:09 PM   #35
davemonfl
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TopGearSolutions View Post
You're correct. Just a couple more minutes of prep work, getting the ICOM hooked up and communicating with the car. After that, it's business as usual.

I have an ICOM myself that I use for local customers, and rarely recommend sending it out to remote customers due to the cost of the deposit.
Yeah, I don't blame you. I wish I could find some one around here that had one set up and working that was willing to just reset the 2URAD module and not try to convince me that it will take them an hour to do it! I'm willing to pay a half hour time, say $60 or so, but $120 just seems ridiculous. May end up having to do it if I can't find any other options...