E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > It will never be the same...

11-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
tracfour
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550. 2015 x328d

Garage List
It will never be the same...

My 07 335I was parked and unoccupied ,and a lady was backing into a parking space in front of where I was parked, hit gas instead of the brake. Moved my car back five feet. Just happened two days ago, so no estimate yet. The lady admitted fault to her insurance but this just sucks. The lady has Geico, any one had any experience with Geico.
Attached Images

Last edited by tracfour; 11-09-2012 at 09:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Lucky you, you can use the money towards a front end lci conversion!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
nOshi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90 335i

good experience with them, they will take care of the damages. lucky its not some off brand insurance company, who like to play games. pretty sure it will end well, but sucks that you were hit. at least she didn't hit and run.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #4
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

GEICO is a stand up insurance company. They've always taken care of me, and I've had them 7 years and counting. A+
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #5
BrazilianBimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: Black e90 325i

I'm surprised that people are saying all these nice about geico. Some lady hit me from behind one time. Back then I was not in e90post, and did not realize it was a chance to get a different bumper than the one I had. Geico wanted to install a replica of the OEM bumper, I fought with them and finally got a new OEM bumper. They took care of me in the end

But after I had that hassle with them, I switched.
OP, definitely a chance to upgrade here man.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 12:15 AM   #6
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianBimmer View Post
I'm surprised that people are saying all these nice about geico. Some lady hit me from behind one time. Back then I was not in e90post, and did not realize it was a chance to get a different bumper than the one I had. Geico wanted to install a replica of the OEM bumper, I fought with them and finally got a new OEM bumper. They took care of me in the end

But after I had that hassle with them, I switched.
OP, definitely a chance to upgrade here man.

I am surprised also, I have heard nothing but bad things about Geico prior to this post..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 03:04 AM   #7
tracfour
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Suggestions

Thanks for all the response, any suggestions on what bumper I should try to make the switch to and do I just try to get the body shop to order the the one I want. I am sure there is a way but I don't want to run into problems if the insurance company has to go and look at my car later during the repair process and see another bumper.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 04:24 AM   #8
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
I am surprised also, I have heard nothing but bad things about Geico prior to this post..
Been with Geico for 15+ years (my wife and I), a few accidents (by both of us + the guests we had staying with us and using our cars), latest as recent as a week ago, and have always had a great experience with them.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 07:10 AM   #9
Morzada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xiT

Maybe it varies by state, but you should have the option to have repairs made through your own insurance and have them fight with Geico (if necessary) to recover costs. I did this once.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #10
theblackmamba
Banned
Rep
Drives: 0

get geico to come out and estimate it. then head to a shop that will hook u up and get a complete estimate from them not just cosmetic -- complete.

then fight with geico to meet or exceed their estimate
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #11
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Your chillin.. Not even that much damage..

LCI hood, bumper, grills, headlights if possible..

Make sure the shop gets the LCI air intake scoops, inner wheel covers, and under body covers that go with the LCI or LCI M-sport bumpers.
      11-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #12
flip4335
General Nuisance in a Private Conveyance
United_States
Rep
Drives: like it's rented

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracfour View Post
Thanks for all the response, any suggestions on what bumper I should try to make the switch to and do I just try to get the body shop to order the the one I want. I am sure there is a way but I don't want to run into problems if the insurance company has to go and look at my car later during the repair process and see another bumper.
GEICO did this for me.

I worked with the repair shop to order upgrade M-Sport kit from Sonic Tuning near me because their prices matched the shop's costs for replacement hood and bumper. Also got everything needed to put it together in one kit. Kept the lights.

I believe there are others who are offering the same kit. I like it, even if it is a rep and not OEM...or you could go M3 rep...

BMWCCA Member # 414198 |E90|SGM|6MT|Premium|Cold|Sport|Tint|LCI MSport Conversion|MTech|Blacklines|219M|PSS|Quaife|Helix FMIC|M3 Suspension|Megan Racing|GC Camber Plates/Coilovers|Eibach 440/800#|AR Catted DP|Cobb AP|StopTech Drilled/Slotted|SS Brake Lines|DWS
Quaife Review: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311570
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #13
jprad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 335xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
Lucky you, you can use the money towards a front end lci conversion!
+1 do the lci conversion! and bumper of choice!

as said get them to come to your place do the estimate, then go repair shop and get them to match the cost.
      11-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #14
username604
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
It will never be the same? hahaha get real!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 11:03 PM   #15
tracfour
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Geico

The BMW certified body shop priced the damage to my car at 9500.00. Geico is is 1400.000 Lower. They want to put the following non OEM parts on,. Geico claims that the parts come with a lifetime for defects. I called the adjuster back and told him I do not want non OEM parts on my car, he would not budge so I have a call into his supervisor. Am I wrong guys and girls............

Headlights –

Hood –

Radiator –

Radiator support –

Condenser –
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #16
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Your car will end up fine
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #17
tracfour
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks, Brian
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 12:22 AM   #18
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Juice them out. They have to fix your car, when I was rear ended, I got 2000 over the price of what the company said just because I decided to have the body shop juice them. The parts needed are REQUIRED to drive the car on the street and being as your car is fairly new, just ask them for a fat check and go crazy on the used section of this forum but technically, you don't need new headlights so it might go either way with that one. You definitely need a new radiator support and if the company doesn't wanna budge, you can always write a note to the corporates there. Gieco is a major insurance brand and they have to honor what the body shop says but being as 1400 is extra, they might not. But it is your right to have OEM parts on your car. You can go replica but its up to you. Save a few bucks or get quality over quantity ? Btw, you're lucky I would love for someone to back into my car that hard lol! Id juice the shit out of them and being as your transmission was in park or if you are 6mt, you can also comp out for money on the trans and/or ebrake system always loop holes, just gotta search for it. Either way even if the wheels didn't spin, there was enough torque to push the car back 5 feet. That's major damage IMO and that kinda stress anywhere on the transmission or braking system can be horrible.
In short, id ask for all of the above plus extra money for the transmission or brake system (due to the car being pushed 5 feet back), a new bumper rebar (even if not damaged a lot can still cause a fatal outcome in a crash), and maybe even new sensors for your air bags (of course these are all just to get extra cash.) Id still play safe and get everything 100% checked though even the transmission. That much force can lock your tranny or break a synchro or something. If it was 5 inches, hey fine you can pass, but 5 feet... that's a lot of moving that's being stressed on your car.. good luck with your car!
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 12:26 AM   #19
El Cheapo Loco
douchebaggo
Rep
Drives: stick

DO NOT accept non-OEM headlights. They have inferior optics and reflectors. Light will be scattered and output is nowhere near OEM. I have personally experienced this. This can become a safety issue.

I wouldn't worry about the rest though.

Quote:
The BMW certified body shop priced the damage to my car at 9500.00. Geico is is 1400.000 Lower. They want to put the following non OEM parts on,. Geico claims that the parts come with a lifetime for defects. I called the adjuster back and told him I do not want non OEM parts on my car, he would not budge so I have a call into his supervisor. Am I wrong guys and girls............

Headlights –

Hood –

Radiator –

Radiator support –

Condenser –
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 12:44 AM   #20
BrazilianBimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: Black e90 325i

Quote:

Headlights –

Hood –

Radiator –

Radiator support –

Condenser –
This is the same bullshit that they did to me, well tried to do.
I had to deal with supervisor instead of adjuster.
I say milk the shit out of insurance company, they make millions of dollars every year from people that do no get in accidents!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 02:58 AM   #21
Joe-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianBimmer
Quote:

Headlights

Hood

Radiator

Radiator support

Condenser
This is the same bullshit that they did to me, well tried to do.
I had to deal with supervisor instead of adjuster.
I say milk the shit out of insurance company, they make millions of dollars every year from people that do no get in accidents!
Milking the insurance company just causes rates to rise for everyone. Insurance company just screws the honest people because of the dishonest.

Only accept oem parts cost 1 they are always worth more. 2 wasnt your fault at all. Your car needs to be restored to the condition it was prior to the accident.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 03:12 AM   #22
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Man..can't wait to see your car in a month lol
Appreciate 0