E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > 320D (2005) electrical gremlins!

08-19-2015, 02:50 AM   #1
DervJim
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 E91 330D Touring

320D (2005) electrical gremlins!

Hi guys, I've got a couple of annoying issues that have very recently cropped up with my e90 320d, and so far I've not been able to find the solution for either so am wondering if anyone can help suggest how to fix these myself (rather than take it to someone).

First is that me screen wash stopped working. At first I thought the nozzles had blocked as I was sure there was plenty of fluid. Then I noticed that the tank did need filling/topping up so I did that but still nothing.

It was then that I noticed no motor sound when I try to use them, so it seems to be properly dead. I've checked fuses that I think are the correct ones and they're all ok, so not sure what to look at next?

Second is that the other day the rear passenger window stopped working. No horrible noises from it, it wasn't even being used but I was sitting in the car and the warning noises binged and displayed the window error symbol.

I cannot move the window up or down, and the normal trick of holding the switch down then up for 10 seconds or whatever (have to do this sometimes on the driver door when it starts only moving in small increments) is not working. The warning bing sounds roughly every 10 seconds, and after a few days of this it's getting pretty old already!

I don't imagine this is a mechanical fault since the window was up and not being used when this happened, so is there another kind of reset I can do to fix this?

Many thanks for any useful info. With all due respect to anyone trying to be helpful I'm not looking for the response "take it do your dealer"
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 07:58 AM   #2
DervJim
Private First Class
Rep

Anyone?

I've bought a kline obd cable now but not found which bit of software can even look at such window errors, never mind the washers not doing anything at all when I try the stalk.

Really appreciate any useful info thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 11:21 AM   #3
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

This is the stereo sub forum

This is the stereo sub forum
Better to post this in the general forum.
Search for software in the Coding sub forum or
at bmwcoders.com

There are some DIY's in the DIY section for the door regulator motor
not saying that is what it is but reading it might give you an idea
of how it works.

electical e90 pdf
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.cGU&cad=rja
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...85464276,d.cGU
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...85464276,d.cGU

Last edited by ctuna; 08-27-2015 at 11:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 12:52 PM   #4
DervJim
Private First Class
Rep

Bugger!! Sorry for that. I saw "electronics" and thought it'd be the right place but it's fairly obvious now. Doh!

Thanks for the tips anyway, will check that all out!
Appreciate 0