E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Who is buying cars with nav

06-23-2011, 05:23 PM   #89
Martin 335d
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 335d M Sport

I wanted NAV I'm ny latest E91s, after my first 335d came without it I was adamant my next E91 would have it and the 330d did as does my current 335d, purely because come resale, despite what has been said about preferring cars without NAV etc, it makes the car more desirable to have it.

I'm quite lucky this time around as I've paid 325/330d money for my 335d Tourer, and it has every option I wanted NAV, Xenons, heated seats, Bluetooth, F&R park sensors and sliding arm rest, I'm missing folding mirrors and sun protection glass but I'd like M3 Saloon mirrors and I'll sort the tints out in due course
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 08:14 AM   #90
I6Touring
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F31 330d sDrive

I didn't want Nav 'cos I prefer the simple dash, and thought the extra binnacle may slightly obscure forward vision for young kids in the back. However I didn't want Leather either, or 19s, sports suspension, etc, so maybe not representative of this board, but I would like a bigger engine
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #91
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by balernoStu View Post
I didn't want Nav 'cos I prefer the simple dash, and thought the extra binnacle may slightly obscure forward vision for young kids in the back. However I didn't want Leather either, or 19s, sports suspension, etc, so maybe not representative of this board, but I would like a bigger engine
Very public sector on the forward vision, i'd go for nav and tell the kids they need to button it and look out the side window

Alcantara's great, but Leather is essential damage limitation for our kids......Vomit / urine / ice cream / sticky stuff all just wipes away with leather.

Last edited by doughboy; 06-24-2011 at 03:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #92
I6Touring
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F31 330d sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Very public sector on the forward vision, i'd go for nav and tell the kids they need to button it and look out the side window
Public sector? Nah, but don't you remember being young and watching dad (or mum) drive from the backseat? Anyway prior to purchase we visited the local BM dealer and sat my 5yr old in the back to make sure he could see out. The iDrive car was actually an E61...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Alcantara's great...
Just cloth in my poverty spec model I'm afraid, but sure I'd prefer a set of Alacantra sports.

Edit: oops, just noticed that LOL icon in the earlier post was a bit ott.
Appreciate 0