E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > LTBMW l The Whor(n)ing don't stop!!! **NEW WHEELS...1.2.3.GO!!**

02-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #45
Bamaben
Major
Rep
Drives: 07 335i blk/blk/alum 6MT

Silly

It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at him-- Jack Handey

mods: blackout grill, finishing rods, badges, Blacklines.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #46
Schm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysandro View Post
http://mbworld.org/forums/4899766-post18.html

I work for an integrated oil & gas company in Canada. Let me provide some insight on how the industry works when it comes to supplying Costco and other similar retailers with gasoline.

1) Most second-tier branded gasoline stations are supplied by one of the majors.
2) Octane is octane, so if Costco says the gas is XX Octane, it will be - their supplier controls that. Barring any blatantly poor operating practices at the specific station, you generally don't need to worry about 'bad gas'.
3)Each of the majors has their own proprietary additive package that exceeds industry minimum quality specs (i.e. Top Tier). They reserve this exclusively service stations of their own brand.
4)The additive is mixed with the base gasoline through injection at the time it is loaded on the truck headed for the service station.
5)The majors provide only the industry minimum quality additive to gasoline headed for 'other branded' service stations. So, even if Costco gas came from Exxon or Shell, it is not of the same quality that would be found at an Exxon or Shell station. The Costco gas would not meet Top Tier specs.
6)The difference between top tier gasoline and others is essentially the amount of detergent in the gasoline. Top Tier gas will result in less build-up of deposits on the valves, etc. If you are leasing your car for a couple years, you might not care about this. If you plan on keeping it for some time this should be an important factor in your selection of gasoline.
I always use top-tier. The dealer dosen't tell you this when you buy the car just because. Quiktrip, Shell, Chevron. No 7-11, Circle K, mom and pop bs. It's also somewhat safer to use lower octane rated gas at a top-tier station than somewhere else. Sorry for continuing the

Hard to see, but IMO needs spacers bad! Wheels look great though
      02-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #47
saeng
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Costco gas huh???hmmm
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #48
JawjaDawg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 Crimson Red E92

Time to take off the CCW sticker lol. Nice wheels.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #49
C.Shopp335xi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90 M-sport

Good looking sexy beast there!!!
      02-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #50
E92murdered
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Looks amazing for the front are you running a spacer? Did u need to cut anything for the rear to fit?
      02-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #51
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

lookin good!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #52
SneakyDeeky
driver mod in progress
United_States
Rep
Drives: with both feet

Garage List
2015 VW Golf R  [5.50]
2014 Audi SQ5  [10.00]
Looks awesome. I was eyeing up these wheels myself. The brushed finish turned out great.
      02-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #53
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
looks good

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 03:36 AM   #54
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

sick
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #55
335imonster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Black 335i

sicccck
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #56
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

Those CHs look sick On There love the trunk too, Very nice
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #57
michael1284
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:

I work for an integrated oil & gas company in Canada. Let me provide some insight on how the industry works when it comes to supplying Costco and other similar retailers with gasoline.

1) Most second-tier branded gasoline stations are supplied by one of the majors.
2) Octane is octane, so if Costco says the gas is XX Octane, it will be - their supplier controls that. Barring any blatantly poor operating practices at the specific station, you generally don't need to worry about 'bad gas'.
3)Each of the majors has their own proprietary additive package that exceeds industry minimum quality specs (i.e. Top Tier). They reserve this exclusively service stations of their own brand.
4)The additive is mixed with the base gasoline through injection at the time it is loaded on the truck headed for the service station.
5)The majors provide only the industry minimum quality additive to gasoline headed for 'other branded' service stations. So, even if Costco gas came from Exxon or Shell, it is not of the same quality that would be found at an Exxon or Shell station. The Costco gas would not meet Top Tier specs.
6)The difference between top tier gasoline and others is essentially the amount of detergent in the gasoline. Top Tier gas will result in less build-up of deposits on the valves, etc. If you are leasing your car for a couple years, you might not care about this. If you plan on keeping it for some time this should be an important factor in your selection of gasoline.
thanks! honestly i doubt i would own this car past my CPO warranty but good info nonetheless.

OP looking good
      03-01-2012, 01:32 AM   #58
ibeclueless
What
Rep
Drives: E92 328xi

car looks great

My E92 Photos
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 01:51 AM   #59
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i

real bbs's ftw.! you sir have an amazing set of wheels.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 12:43 AM   #60
Whorning
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by turb0mike View Post
Def looks good Jonathon. Can't wait to see her in person at the meet. Keep up the great work!!!
thanks mike! looking forward to see your car in person at the meet as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznm0nk3y View Post
Super duper sexy my friend!
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchau View Post
Nice
thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence@bavarianx View Post
CH's are always a great wheel to go with!
agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.e90 View Post
ha damn bro looks sick!! keep up the good modding!!
thanks johnny! can't wait to see the finished results of your car... will it be ready for the meet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ_TUR90 View Post
Saw the wheels in person, looks awesome on your ride!! Congrats on a sick set of wheels!!!
thanks man! i love them so much was worth every cent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amans_e90 View Post
bro your car looks hella fly. too freaking sick.
thanks bro, i def hope your car is ready by the meet... i really want to see it again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1284 View Post
wheels look great..but damn those pics are terrible lol. white balance is so off that it looks like you're pimping around a pink ride w/ pink wheels
lol i know, sorry for the horrible pics... my camera is honestly awful and the fact that i'm the world's worst photographer definitely doesn't help the case at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92ben View Post
Very dope! Love it
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Car looks great minus the tints.
whoa, first time i've gotten this lol. what's wrong with the tint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gto3 View Post
Love That Trunk!!!
Karbonwerke FTMFW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesuperboi View Post
I want your front bumper bro!
if i ever part it out.. i'll let you know. not likely though, as i love the thing to death

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0pea View Post
I'm liking the front lip. Oh and the wheels!
thank you!! appreciate the kind words

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
S
I
C
K
N
E
S
S
!!
thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSoloE93 View Post
More lowwww
haha i knew i would be getting this sooner or later.. i'd like to drop it more but for how much i drive the car, it'd honestly be quite the PITA considering its my daily driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchNpoke View Post
more pix of that red f30 pls!
come to the LTBMW and just see it in person!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335 oClock View Post
nice! ill be at LT tomorrow... guy in the 1M probably had a full tank of gas; jackass :/
honestly, i think he probably did LOL he took off literally seconds after i left and i got there a good 5 minutes before him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIO K View Post
Sick!! Have you considered silver etched glass overlays instead of smoked? I think they would look great on your ride!
ah... that's actually an interesting idea.. i've never seen them before. you got any links i could refer to??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrj25 View Post
great choice in wheels jonathan! BBS CH FTW!

that 1M

that red F30
thanks joe! your HRE FTW!! can't wait to see your beauty again at the meet next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZestJDM View Post
nice wheels, had a set of black ones w/chrome lip before...silver looks even more sexy!
thanks man! they're brushed aluminum finish. you can't really tell from the pics since they're so bad, but they look MUCH better in person

LCI Rear Conversion | Custom BBS CH l Karbonwerke CF CSL Trunk l Duke Dynamics Performance Diffuser | LTBMW Custom Molded Lip | ST Coilovers | JB3 PnP
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 12:47 AM   #61
Whorning
Major
Taiwan
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost170 View Post
looks nice
thank you!

Quote:
So ur the lucky one that got those wheels! Congrats!

I don't think I'd trust Costco or Food 4 Less fuel btw
yup, i jumped on them as soon as i saw them posted. especially since one of my VMRs cracked (unfortunately)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alen E90 View Post
congratss on the new setup looks great
thanks man, appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SES_D View Post
niceee looks great!
thank you! means a lot considering your car is by far the sickest pre-lci on this forum. i idolized it at first sight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcemkr View Post
Wheels look great but that front bumper/lip doesn't flow at all.
haha thanks? that's the first time i've heard a complaint towards my front bumper...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnymac View Post
Very nice!
thanks

Quote:
really? i use costco all the time lol
+1 lol especially considering the gas prices now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkawekrue View Post
wheels are def. a nice addition to an already sexy ass car. your molded lip is very sexy as well. is your front bumper OEM with the 3D lip?
thanks man! the front bumper is an m3 rep with a molded 3D lip by LTBMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg525i View Post
looking good can't wait to see this car on the meet
thank you! the few times i've been lucky enough to see your car in person, it has always had some part missing from it. i gotta see the whole thing at the meet for sure!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335_MI6 View Post
very clean
thanks!

LCI Rear Conversion | Custom BBS CH l Karbonwerke CF CSL Trunk l Duke Dynamics Performance Diffuser | LTBMW Custom Molded Lip | ST Coilovers | JB3 PnP
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 12:53 AM   #62
Whorning
Major
Taiwan
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew34brown View Post
If you are trying to sell any of the other wheel n tire sets pls PM me!!!
I have my OEM style 162s with tires for sale if you're interested. Also my matte black VMR V710s but I only have 3 wheels since the 4th wheel got a small crack and no longer holds air...

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
It would look so much sicker if you just dumped the car alot more... then your done..lol
i know, and i definitely agree, but it's honestly just not practical considering this car in fact is my daily driver. sometimes the hassle just outweighs the sexiness of the drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESMO748 View Post
The lighting and angle of this pic makes the rear look flared--super flared.

Oh shizz, why is my car all jacked up?!?!

lol yeah. terrible cell phone camera and terrible photographer (me) so.. i guess that's what you get when you combine the two

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
The finish on those BBS looks fantastic.

Are those rear tires really 275/35/19?
thanks! unfortunately you can't really tell from the pics but i'll try to get a real photoshoot done eventually. and regarding tires, that was a mistake on my end... typo - they are actually 255/35/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ibob View Post
nice wheels!
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
yeee boiii!!! dis wut i'm talk'n bout!! finish on these babies r pure sexXx! luv 'em
hahaha thanks bro! ive seen the hordes of sigs youve contributed and made for others around here. once i can actually get some decent shots of my car compiled, i might trouble you for one. that is, only if you dont mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalCat View Post
thumbs up.
thanks bro! hope to see you again at the meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCO View Post
I'll bite..Y not? I use it all the time as well..
+1 haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amans_e90 View Post
yupp its horrible for your car
I didn't know it made a difference up until now... guess I'll start going to shell from now on

Quote:

whoa, amazing explanation... thanks for the heads up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCO View Post
WOW...I love this forum...thats great info...thanks a ton...sorry about the thread jacking OP
+1 lol no worries, it was actually a great read for me as well. very informative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip4335 View Post
front lip = awesome, sexy!
thank you!!!

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 12:58 AM   #63
Whorning
Major
Taiwan
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaben View Post
Silly
?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schm View Post
I always use top-tier. The dealer dosen't tell you this when you buy the car just because. Quiktrip, Shell, Chevron. No 7-11, Circle K, mom and pop bs. It's also somewhat safer to use lower octane rated gas at a top-tier station than somewhere else. Sorry for continuing the

Hard to see, but IMO needs spacers bad! Wheels look great though
all good. yeah only the fronts though. The rears are fine. I'm currently looking for a set of 10mm or 12mm spacers for the fronts since long said my 15mm might be a little too aggressive for this set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeng View Post
Costco gas huh???hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawjaDawg View Post
Time to take off the CCW sticker lol. Nice wheels.
yeah I was gonna take those off a while ago... I just never got around to it. they'll definitely be off by the meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Shopp335xi View Post
Good looking sexy beast there!!!
thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92murdered View Post
Looks amazing for the front are you running a spacer? Did u need to cut anything for the rear to fit?
nope, i'm not running any spacers right now and that's why the front looks a bit sunken in. i'm gonna put a set of spacers in soon most likely. i didn't have to do anything to the rear, but my fenders have already been rolled a while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@SupremePower View Post
lookin good!
thanks craig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyDeeky View Post
Looks awesome. I was eyeing up these wheels myself. The brushed finish turned out great.
thanks man, hope to see you at the meet. your car is clean as hell!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
looks good
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaminz View Post
sick
mr. baller himself! appreciate it bro! can't wait to see you at the meet. any updates regarding your car???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335imonster View Post
sicccck
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwsw View Post
Those CHs look sick On There love the trunk too, Very nice
haha thanks man. both wheels and trunk were worth every penny IMO

Quote:
thanks! honestly i doubt i would own this car past my CPO warranty but good info nonetheless.

OP looking good
thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeclueless View Post
car looks great
thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazRokz.! View Post
real bbs's ftw.! you sir have an amazing set of wheels.
agreed! thank you! i love them so much

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 02:46 AM   #64
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorning View Post
hahaha thanks bro! ive seen the hordes of sigs youve contributed and made for others around here. once i can actually get some decent shots of my car compiled, i might trouble you for one. that is, only if you dont mind
no prob bro, i got u.

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 03:54 AM   #65
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e-ninety

Sick! Dude, does your car take karate because that trunk has a high kick!
      03-06-2012, 05:06 AM   #66
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Munkey View Post
Sick! Dude, does your car take karate because that trunk has a high kick!
Kid smoke so much even his trunk is high
Appreciate 0