E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > About to make the jump..Please help!!

10-20-2006, 02:48 AM   #1
youyou
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997 C4S

About to make the jump..Please help!!

Hi,
Well I have a few questions and hopefully someone can help me...
First off I am about to order a bmw 335i coupe. Delivery is expected end of December and the wait is going to kill me!!!
I am torn between 2 colors and have to make a decision by Monday.
My first choice is Alpine White with Coral Red interior or Space Gray with Coral Red interior... I have always wanted a white car and I think the Alpine White looks stunning on bmw's. Mind you I have never seen a 335 in white and no dealer here in Montreal has any. They do have a space gray in the showroom and i think the Space Gray is stunning as well...
This is an impression but please correct me if you think i'm crazy. But it seems that the details of a car are less noticable on a white car then on say Space Gray or a Darker color in general... So I am afraid of going for the white and the color actually not showing the beautiful lines of this vehicule and the outside details like the shadowline for example...
Does someone agree with me or am I just dreaming...
If anyone has actually seen the Alpine white in person what are their thoughts on the color?
Now I just got rid on my car which i had for a year. It was an 2006 Infiniti
M45 Sport with the Tech Package and Entertainment package... Basically every option available to man. I have to admit that the technology in the Infiniti m45 was outstanding and the car itself was a rocket.
I could hook up my ipod to the aux input and watch music videos from my video ipod directly on the front screen ( with a little mod i did to be able to watch tv on the front screen while the car is moving).
Now I am wondering if there is any available mod on the 335i to be able to watch music videos strait from the video ipod onto the screen.
I will be getting the Navigation system on the bmw and would appreciate any comments and info you might have in terms of the actual system. How it performs, how it looks, how smart it is... Does it have voice activation? Can i control the climate functions,audio functions via voice command?
Now remember i am coming from the latest and greatest in terms of technology from the Infiniti m45.
Another point I would like to note is that here in Canada the bmw assist and bluetooth is a standalone option that costs 1100$ and I am debating if i should get it? What exactly does this option give me? Does it only give me bluetooth capability and " on star like" functions or am i crippled by not having some other features if i don't opt for that option?
You see in the Infiniti m45 bluetooth comes standard and i didn't really use it much. The car was automatic and so it didn't really bother me having the phone in hand. But now i will be taking a 6speed manual and so it might be more useful. Still i can't justify spending an extra 1100$ just for bluetooth and " on star like" features. So if anyone can help me out with this and give me a little more info it would be greatly appreciated...
I will probably be taking the park distance control and I am just wondering if it has a visual display in the screen like in the 7 series or the 5 series?
The infiniti had a back up camera which i found to be extremely useful.
The sound system in the Infiniti was outstanding. I am wondering how the upgraded Logic 7 system sounds. Is it good? Excellent? Ok?
You see that is one of the most important things for me in a vehicule and so i would love to know how you guys rate this system...
Lastly Active Steering... What is it exactly? Does it improve the handling of the car? Is it worth the extra 1500$?
The reason I sold my 2006 sport is because i am a 27 year old guy and i just thought it was too old of a car for me. I wanted to go back to my roots of a 2 door coupe and a manual transmission which i missed deeply.
As for the color that is undecided and a couple of options ( that hopefully you might be able to help me out with) here is the specs of the car i will be getting.
2007 bmw 335i coupe 6 speed manual
-Premium Package
-Sports Package
-Navigation Package

Thank you all for taking the time to read the post and help me out with my questions.

P.S: I am asking all these questions here because honestly the salesman at bmw honestly doesn't know much and I figured i can get alot more info from you wonderful people here.
Appreciate 0