E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > HELP Progman 23, Daytime running lights

10-16-2006, 08:11 PM   #23
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes3series
parking lights are not DRLs. factory-installed DRLs are legal. so, what's new?
+1.

DRLs are NOT parking lights.

As far back as I can remember (back to the 1970s) it has been illegal to drive with just parking lights on. I believe the intent was to avoid the problem of people forgetting to then turn on their headlights at dusk.

DRLs are standard on many of today's cars sold in California. Unlike parking lights, DRLs are bright white, but not brighter than the stock headlights.
      10-19-2006, 02:52 PM   #24
cdp1276
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550 Mediterranean Blue

Garage List
2020 BMW M550  [0.00]
Does anyone have software release notes or a change log of what is fixed in each BMW software release? Is Progman 23 the latest version for E90 2006 330i w/iDrive? I really struggle locally here with my service department that can't ever inform me when new software releases come out nor do they ever know what is in them. They just hope and dream they solve my critical problems which of course they never do. Not to mention I can't believe BMW has yet to build in the ablity to save the current settings of the car and then import those back in after a software update. It takes such a long time to often reprogram all the aspects of our cars to where we had them after a software update.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2006, 01:29 PM   #25
MusicMan
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 330I

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdp1276
Does anyone have software release notes or a change log of what is fixed in each BMW software release? Is Progman 23 the latest version for E90 2006 330i w/iDrive? I really struggle locally here with my service department that can't ever inform me when new software releases come out nor do they ever know what is in them. They just hope and dream they solve my critical problems which of course they never do. Not to mention I can't believe BMW has yet to build in the ablity to save the current settings of the car and then import those back in after a software update. It takes such a long time to often reprogram all the aspects of our cars to where we had them after a software update.
Don't have any notes, my dealer is also clueless about software upgrades. I can only speak from personal experience and say that my car is running better than ever with Progman 23. Below are the fixes.
1)I was having problems with cold starts (ruff start).
2)I was having issues with my Navi (slow, sometimes crashing & restarting).
3)Also, my speed adjusted volume was adjusting itself even if I was running a constant speed (very strange, several passengers commented on this problem).
All of these issued are now fixed!
IMO it's worth the upgrade just to eliminate having to press "Accept" every time you start the car. THANKS BMW!!!!!

Totally agree about the current settings issue. Should be an easy way to save the settings then reset after the upgrade.